DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What was your favorite NYPD Blue moment/episode of all time? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/412077-what-your-favorite-nypd-blue-moment-episode-all-time.html)

chrisih8u 03-01-05 02:32 PM

What was your favorite NYPD Blue moment/episode of all time?

My favorite moment was when Fancy was leaving and that bitch was going to take over the squad, but Fancy pulled some strings and got her transferred.

Bitch: I've been transferred! :mad:

Fancy: Congratulations!

:lol:

Whats yours?

Red Dog 03-01-05 02:52 PM

This is actually a tougher call than one might think for me. It is either A) Jacqueline Obradors first partially nude scene (Rita and John after The Smoker) or B) when Theo opened the door on naked Connie in the bathroom. :)

Bandoman 03-01-05 02:54 PM

Definitely naked Connie in the bathroom. Best nude scene on non-pay TV ever. :up:

Simone's death was manipulative and over the top, but it still got to me.

B.A. 03-01-05 03:12 PM

Connie in the bathroom.

dick_grayson 03-01-05 03:13 PM

didn't see the Connie in the bathroom. Do remember one with VDR (vanessa del rio) which was pretty lame. I met Dennis Franz in NYC and he stormed out of the restaurant because his food was cold. that's all I got.

Septemberbaby 03-01-05 03:16 PM

Gosh.. there have so many.
I think Andy finding out that his son was killed is probably one of the most
incredible scenes I've ever seen. I think because it came out of no where and we didn't expect it. Or at least I didn't. He was at the hospital and Bobby knows it's Andy Jr and Andy realizes that the wallet belongs to him and then he sees Bobby's face and then he see's Andy Jr. I could cry just thinking about it.

His scenes with Theo right after his wife was killed were great also.
When he had to go back to work right after to help interrogate someone .. and he was walking back down the stairs and came face to face w/ PA John, who felt responsible for her death. Priceless.

When they first started to hint that Andy was going to get together w/ Connie, I wasn't happy. I didn't see them together at all. I thought she would hook up w/ TRod.. But.. Dennis Franz.. being the incredible actor he is.. made me believe they belonged together. I think it was kinda silly not recast her this season. There were too many key scenes she should have been in.

MrX 03-01-05 03:24 PM

Connie getting out of the shower was the first thing that came to mind for me too:lol:

Andy Jr's death was also a great episode.

pelenor 03-01-05 03:36 PM

The episode where Bobby Simone dies. Man, I cry like a little girl evry time I see it. It was so powerful, with his dead friend helping Bobby cross over. And when Bobby began to make the "sign" to let the doctor know he had enough, I lost it.

Michael Corvin 03-01-05 04:06 PM

Simone's death is up there.

Also enjoyed the one where Fancy took Andy to the "other" side of town for dinner. All the patrons/employees were African American.

I missed the Obradors nude, was that last season?

Red Dog 03-01-05 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I missed the Obradors nude, was that last season?

Mainly her 1st season (2001-02).

Cusm 03-01-05 04:39 PM

I forget the episode, but Andy is about to beat some skell in the box, but does not and tells him He is going to have a migraine tonight for not beating him, something about that scene and his delivery.

IDrinkMolson 03-01-05 04:47 PM

One of my favorite lines was this thug getting interviewed, he said something like:

Hypocritically speaking...

MEJHarrison 03-01-05 05:42 PM

Alan Sepinwall's excellant NYPD Blue site has a great summary of the series includes best quotes, best nude scenes (though you have to marvel at the fact that he did not list Connie's scene) and lots of other great articles. It's worth checking out.

TabascoKid 03-01-05 06:29 PM

Favorite Episode: Safe Home, the sixth season finale.

Franz is so minimalist in what he does in that episode, but everything he does is powerful. Standing there, looking at Malcolm...."you do evil..." speech, to when he comes back to speak to John..."Don't you think she's in a better place?"

Also love Theo's little moment "Whaddya want?"

TK

tommyp007 03-01-05 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Definitely naked Connie in the bathroom. Best nude scene on non-pay TV ever. :up:

Simone's death was manipulative and over the top, but it still got to me.

ditto.

cdoug57 03-02-05 06:42 AM

Andy and Sylvia in the shower. "I usually do this myself." Sylvia, "Do you want me to leave?"

Bobby's vision during his death, everyone coming in the room to say goodbye.

Caruso walking out of the courthouse and out of the show.

And, of course, Theo spotting Connie in the shower.

B.A. 03-02-05 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Mainly her 1st season (2001-02).

Her first couple of seasons were very, very nice from a viewer's perspective.

Michael Corvin 03-02-05 07:33 AM

Has any other show replaced great characters with other great characters so consistently?

cleaver 03-02-05 08:38 AM

I liked when Simone shot the guys who killed Sipowitz's son.