DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   With a heavy ♥, I start the final weekly NYPD Blue thread - "Moving Day" - 03.01.2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/412011-heavy-i-start-final-weekly-nypd-blue-thread-moving-day-03-01-2005-a.html)

Rogue588 03-01-05 03:22 AM

With a heavy ♥, I start the final weekly NYPD Blue thread - "Moving Day" - 03.01.2005

Moving Day

In the series' final episode, Sipowicz (Dennis Franz) has to make some tough decisions as he starts a new chapter in his life.
:(

Don't forget there'll be an NYPD Blue retrospective starting an hour earlier.

During which, i'm sure we'll see promos for Blind Justice at every commercial break. :mad:

Septemberbaby 03-01-05 06:52 AM

**Sniff.. Sniff **

There will never be another one like you Andy.
You were simply the best.

Dennis Franz.... You are the best actor on Tv. Period.
The only reason why any of the others were any good was because
they were working along side you. You let them shine.

IDrinkMolson 03-01-05 07:14 AM

Today is my birthday, but tonight I will be sad.

If we're really lucky, in a couple of years, we'll get NYPD the Movie, Rated R!

Rypro 525 03-01-05 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson

If we're really lucky, in a couple of years, we'll get NYPD the Movie, Rated R!

and with more ass shots of franz then you can handle! -wink-

Joeboo835 03-01-05 08:13 AM

I'm trying to stay positive by thinking i at least have 40 more minutes of free time, but its not working.

Red Dog 03-01-05 08:41 AM

It's been a very good run.

das Monkey 03-01-05 08:50 AM

I've been through a lot of emotional long-running series finales in my lifetime, but it's hard to imagine this show is finally ending.

das

TheNightFlier 03-01-05 08:54 AM

Yeah I gotta remember to watch the retrospective.

Bandoman 03-01-05 08:55 AM

I think I'm going to cry.

Michael Corvin 03-01-05 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Joeboo835
I'm trying to stay positive by thinking i at least have 40 more minutes of free time, but its not working.

I was going though my tivo last night realizing it hadn't recorded some things b/c it was full and thinking I will have one less show in the queue after tonight. I was trying to rationalize it as well.

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
Yeah I gotta remember to watch the retrospective.

Anyone taking bets on the first clip being shown is of Andy grabbing his crotch and saying "ipso this, you pissy little bitch."?

Michael Ballack 03-01-05 09:34 AM

What am I going to watch on Tuesdays now? I'm certainly not watching Daredevil or that new show with Ron Eldered(sp?). At least the Chicago Bulls are getting good again.

Anyone taking bets on the first clip being shown is of Andy grabbing his crotch and saying "ipso this, you pissy little bitch."?
I don't know what they are going to show from the early years. With the current 50's climate, I don't think they will show any of the language or skin that was a big part of Blue in it's early years. It's sort of scary that Blue can't do in it's tenth year what it did in it's first. I'm sort of glad that it will be put out of it's misery. TV just won't be the same without Andy.

B.A. 03-01-05 10:02 AM

This fucking sucks.

MEJHarrison 03-01-05 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson

Not a very nice birthday gift. :( I got spared. My birthday isn't until tomorrow. :banana:

What I'm doing to ease the pain is watching season 4 of Homicide. I love NYPD Blue and have watched since the very first episode. But I've always preferred Homicide. Still sad to see Blue go of course.

Charlie Goose 03-01-05 11:44 AM

Goodbye to my friends at the 15th precinct. An absolutely legendary show. I'm sad it's over, but it's been a helluva run.

tommyp007 03-01-05 11:50 AM

I concur with all the sentiment expressed here. Blue has always been in my top 5 shows since night 1. I guess Tuesdays at 10 will be good movie or housekeeping time.

Dennis Franz....best actor on TV.

cdoug57 03-01-05 12:20 PM

Can't believe this show has been on 12 years. It has been such a staple of my Tuesday night video lineup. Don't know what I'll be able to watch in this slot. Guess I get to go to sleep an hour earlier. The new blind guy show just does not appeal to me. SVU is generally too depressing. Have no idea what is on anywhere else on the tube.

Well, at least we have been reassured that life will continue on in the 15th.

Goodbye Andy. :up:

Great show Dennis Franz, Steve Bochco, David Milch, et al. :thumbsup:

raven56706 03-01-05 01:23 PM

Man... just when Zach Morris had a job

MrX 03-01-05 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

With the morons running ABC it will be more like "Ipso this you [BEEP] little [BEEP]" with the crotch grab blacked out

birdseye 03-01-05 02:48 PM

It's sad to see the show come to an end, especially with the last two seasons being pretty good. I didn't start watching it until season 8, but quickly caught up through reruns - it's now one of my favorite shows.

Jobronie 03-01-05 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by cdoug57
Can't believe this show has been on 12 years. It has been such a staple of my Tuesday night video lineup.

I know; I feel old.

Seems like just a year or two ago that I was sitting down to watch the pilot ep of this new cop show from Bochco that had already been Banned in Boston. It was one of the very few shows that I would absolutely have to see every week as it aired; VHS (and now Tivo) just wouldn't do.

I've been saying it for years now and I'll say it again: day in and day out, Dennis Franz was the best actor on TV........

marty888 03-01-05 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Goodbye to my friends at the 15th precinct.

I remember watching the Chow Yun Fat - Mark Wahlberg movie <i>The Corruptor</i> in which they portray cops working NYC's Chinatown out of the 15th Precinct - and every time they were back at the precinct house, I kept expecting to see some familiar faces working there ....

Michael Corvin 03-01-05 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by marty888
I remember watching the Chow Yun Fat - Mark Wahlberg movie <i>The Corruptor</i> in which they portray cops working NYC's Chinatown out of the 15th Precinct - and every time they were back at the precinct house, I kept expecting to see some familiar faces working there ....

:lol: Chow Yun Fat and Mark Wahlberg taking orders from Lt. Fancy. :up:

TabascoKid 03-01-05 09:05 PM

And so it begins....

B.A. 03-01-05 10:00 PM

Nobody

Believes

In Jim Dunbar

Except Himself.

B.A. 03-01-05 10:01 PM

Damnit! I want to know what is going to happen at the 15th next week!!!!! :mad:

I loved the finale and I loved the special. The exchange between Clark and the Driver about being able to enjoy taking the Benz for a spin was great.

I am going to go cry myself to sleep now. :(