Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Stars without Makeup....only on FOX 2/24/05!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Stars without Makeup....only on FOX 2/24/05!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caught about 10min of it as I was jumping around channels.. Talk about a new low, even for fox.. A whole lot of panning up and down and around still photos of celebs.. Errrrrrrrr that's not even TV that's like reading a magazine or something.

Then the part of it that I saw was showing Don Johnson with the voice over "...and when he was on miami vice.... sep now the shirt are more loose.". Yeah, big huge shock the guy is 20+ years older and looks it, wow. Fox must love these sort of shows being they must be dirt cheap to make..

Ya know I'm not sure one even can hate a network more then I do FOX.. Everything from the bulk of the shows they run, to the network picks as to what they cancel (always the rare fox shows I like) and of course one of the worst HD feeds on primetime as far as over all look....
Old 02-25-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
ugh, I left this on after the O.C. and this was by far the worst thing I've ever seen on FOX. And that's saying a lot. The worst part was that it seemed to legitimize the stalker paparazzi. If you call having your 'work' on this excrement of a program. I feel dirty.
Old 02-25-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And FOX wonders why their reputation is going down the toilet?
What's next, Celebrities and their bowel movements?
Old 02-25-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
And FOX wonders why their reputation is going down the toilet?
What's next, Celebrities and their bowel movements?

Easy to ignore reputation when you look at the numbers. This program had higher ratings than its lead-in, The O.C. Blame the carbon blobs who devour this programming.

"The O.C." - households: 4.8/7; adults 18-49: 3.2).
"Stars Without Makeup" - households: 5.1/8; adults 18-49: 3.2
Old 02-25-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
The best part of the show was the celebrities that they couldn't find bad photos or video of, but still used anyway.

"And here's Cindy Crawford...with her eyes closed!"
"And here's Gwyneth Paltrow...yawning!"
"And here's a "computer generated" picture of what Eva Longoria theoretically could look like when she's 65!"

Last edited by William Fuld; 02-25-05 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-25-05, 02:00 PM

Lol this show reminds me of the MTV "That's A Bad Look Dog!" (i think thats the name), where people we've never heard of and who are extremely unfunny do a Best Week Ever style panel about celebrities showing up at award shows with bad outfits. Why everyone cares so much about what celebrities dress like when they're out amazes me to no end...
Old 02-25-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
I saw a little bit of this and it was terrible. I did like it when Bjork started attacking the bangkok reporter.
Old 02-25-05, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Must be the same target audience that watched stuff like Fear Factor.
Old 02-25-05, 02:29 PM

must be the same target audience that watches anything on MTV nowadays
Old 02-25-05, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
This program had higher ratings than its lead-in
yeah and I know that TV is really a pure numbers game for money even if we some times like to think that networks want to make "good tv".. they don't really, they want money, at least on a network level..

Still, in some ways I think FOX is just pushing too many of these sort of quick fix rating stunts Vs looking to make that next must see sort of show.. Much like how ABC has sort of turned around it's ratings with all the new shows this season.. Easy to say "Make a good show" of course vs really doing it.. Ah but with how fox has just 100% crash and burned on some of their reality tv shows this season to the point of not even showing all the eps it's time to try something else.

errrrrrrrrrrrr maybe, just maybe it's time to at least TRY to make a good, longer running more soild rated show.. Better to get a rating of X over and over week after week then one stunt show for X+3 and the rest of month is just nothing but X-3.. Ah someone at fox must rem the early Xfiles days etc etc..