DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   West Wing 2/23 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/411217-west-wing-2-23-a.html)

mikehunt 02-23-05 08:43 PM

West Wing 2/23

great seeing those two pompous asses fighting, josh is less of an asshole though so I would have liked to have seen him beat on toby some more. I've hated toby for so long. his constant ripping on people that aren't elitests (like in the episode where he josh and donna miss the motorcade) has always pissed me off

Red Dog 02-23-05 10:48 PM

That fight was so John Wells. -ohbfrank- I will say that Toby deserved it though. ;)

Bandoman 02-24-05 10:07 AM

Yeah, Toby had that coming. Although his brother's death made him much more sympathetic.

A powerful episode, I thought.

Are they going to go through the next Presidential election and announce the winner this season? That sure would be rushing things.

Red Dog 02-24-05 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Are they going to go through the next Presidential election and announce the winner this season? That sure would be rushing things.

No. I believe
Spoiler:
the RNC Convention is supposed to take place in the 2nd to last episode and the DNC Convention is supposed to be the season finale.

Bandoman 02-24-05 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
No. I believe
Spoiler:
the RNC Convention is supposed to take place in the 2nd to last episode and the DNC Convention is supposed to be the season finale.

Oh, okay.
Spoiler:
The previews made it look like they were going to try to get through the whole thing this season. It makes a whole lot more sense to make the general election a season cliffhanger.

Red Dog 02-24-05 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Oh, okay.
Spoiler:
The previews made it look like they were going to try to get through the whole thing this season. It makes a whole lot more sense to make the general election a season cliffhanger.

Spoiler:
I assume that WW timetable will mirror real time. Therefore the WW Election Day would actually be in a November '05 episode - which just so happens to be sweeps.

Bandoman 02-24-05 10:24 AM

Stop confusing me with your logic!

Breakfast with Girls 02-24-05 12:30 PM

Good episode, but I didn't get why they cut in the middle of the fight to Toby talking about his brother's advice to keep a roll of pennies in your pocket at all times. It's not like he had a roll of pennies or used them in the fight. Just seemed sort of random.

wendersfan 02-24-05 12:44 PM

I was very annoyed by this episode - the constant Steadicam movement, the elliptical editing - it was all too showy and detracted from the telling of the story. FWIW, I like Toby a lot more than Josh, since Toby is usually pompous and funny, and Josh is just pompous. I haven't seen all of this season. Who's the blonde chick with the glasses? Oh, and Mary McCormack in that black dress :drool:

Red Dog 02-24-05 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
I was very annoyed by this episode - the constant Steadicam movement

OMG. I was getting sick watching that scene at the party.

The blonde chick with the glasses is the deputy press secretary. I really like that character and the actress playing her. She's quite the looker too.

das Monkey 02-24-05 01:08 PM

wendersfan

I was very annoyed by this episode - the constant Steadicam movement, the elliptical editing - it was all too showy and detracted from the telling of the story.

Oh, you can't tell me you didn't love the freeze frame when Josh threw the papers at Toby. Brilliant, I say ... brilliant! [John Lovitz] <i>Di-recting!</i> [/John Lovitz] -rolleyes-

das

Kal-El 02-24-05 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The blonde chick with the glasses is the deputy press secretary. I really like that character and the actress playing her. She's quite the looker too.

Kristin Chenoweth. Check out the soundtrack to the Broadway Musical "Wicked". She was the original G(a)linda. She's got some pipes on her.

MrX 02-24-05 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by wendersfan
I was very annoyed by this episode - the constant Steadicam movement, the elliptical editing - it was all too showy and detracted from the telling of the story

I agree

Other then Mary McCormack in that dress this episode was rather lame

kevin75 02-25-05 11:32 PM

when i saw the previews for the episode i was prepared for the suckekeke. however, i thought it was surprisingly good for the post-sorkin era. true, the fight was waaaaayyyy over the top but there were some other good things.

-josh when he came back to the white house was pure hilarity up until he went to see toby. almost in classic form, but not quite. we also got to see a rare josh/donna moment in the closet, those moments seeemingly few and far between this season. :(

-leo had a good point to toby about toby and josh "being" the party. i thought it served as a good bookend to the beginning of series when they were untested.

-not only did the mary mccormack look good in the dress but so did cj. :drool: