Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Smallville -- "Crouching Tig...err...Sacred" -- 02.23.2005

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-23-05, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sacred

Spoiler:
After learning that Jason (Jensen Ackles) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) are in China searching for one of the mysterious kryptonian crystals, Clark (Tom Welling) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) follow in the hopes of finding it first. Clark finds an artifact that leads them to the crystal but he must battle Isobel, the witch, who has once again inhabited Lana's body in order to take the crystal for herself. Meanwhile, Lex has more information on the crystals than he is letting on.

While I haven't been catching this show "live" lately and haven't been able to participate in the weekly threads, the show hasn't been that bad. However, anytime there's a mention of Contessa Margaret Isobel Banana Rama-lama-ding-dong, I find myself tuning out.

I like the interaction between Clark and Lois...and even the sly digs that Chloe's been getting in since she's discovered Clark should be the centerpiece of the Wall Of Weird. And, I didn't even mind the episode "Krypto", but this whole Isobel thing is just dragging this show down.

Another thing that's bothering me. I don't know if it's a testament to Michael's acting, but they should really start with Lex's complete and utter turn to the dark side. The way they keep writing him, I still think he and Clark could be great friends. I'm not seeing an "evil" side to him.

Or is it just me?
Old 02-23-05, 05:03 AM
Banned

wow the plotlines in this show just get weirder and weirder, i have no clue why they went in this direction for this season...
Old 02-23-05, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

its definitely going to be strange to see how they all get to China

Clark cant just fly over there with Lana, since he cant fly yet

and Lex is the only rich guy around
Old 02-23-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Rogue588

the show hasn't been that bad. Or is it just me?
It's just you.

das
Old 02-23-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lana and everything to do with her (the "Contessa", Jason) is just boring me now. Hopefully, if Clark goes to college next year: all three will be gone and they can focus on storylines with Lois.
Old 02-23-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still don't even know if I want to watch tonight's ep - the previews are absolutely cringe-inducing.
Old 02-23-05, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am positively dreading this episode. Even the freaking screenshots above make me cringe. There are basically three interesting characters on the show at this point (Clark, Lex, and Lois)- one of which has had absolutely nothing to do this season (Lex), and one of which isn't in all the episodes (Lois). The other characters are all just completely one-dimensional at best (the Kents, whose only job seems to be telling Clark he has responsibilities) and outright painful at worst (Lana).

That said, I'll watch because I'm a schmuck and because I've been watching so far... but inertia only goes so far.
Old 02-23-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I'll choose to watch Lost live in HD this week. Hopefully, I won't miss Lois running down some Chinese steps.
Old 02-23-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Tassadar
wow the plotlines in this show just get weirder and weirder, i have no clue why they went in this direction for this season...
I think the writers realized that Lana had no purpose left in the show(hence the premature introduction of Lois), so instead of doing the wise thing and writing her out(ala Pete) or better yet killing her, they came up with this disasterous Countess storyline to keep her relevant.

What's truly sad is they could've easily left Lana in Paris after the end of Season 3 and no one would've missed her.
Old 02-23-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tonights episode looks really bad with a plot line out of nowhere. I am still going to watch though and hope for the best.
Old 02-23-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's a craptastic clip of tonight's episode:

http://www.thewb.com/exclude/MediaCe...M415-Clip_300k

1. You're superman, jackass. You don't need to fight with a sword. I really hope i'm missing something there, like he's been weakened, or he can get hurt for some reason.

2. The five minutes spent every week on this ridiculous Lana storyline was bad enough. A whole episode dedicated to it is going to be really fun.
Old 02-23-05, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
nice indirect tribute to Christopher Reeve. all the little things the reporter said in the background
Old 02-23-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree that the show hasn't been as bad this season than last. However, if the whole Isobel thing (along with Lois, football coach guy, and Dr. Quinn) were to be dropped, I woudln't care, I'd probably be happy.

Lois, Chloe, and Clark's interaction are what are actually making this season fun.
Old 02-23-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not Enough Lana Torture!
Not Enough Lana Torture!
Not Enough Lana Torture!
Old 02-23-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
it was ok until now
Old 02-23-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikehunt
it was ok until now
ya think?

My daughter was crying - what was said in the cave at the end? Thanks.

Last edited by B.A.; 02-23-05 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-23-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

was that avril lavigne in the preview for next week?
Old 02-23-05, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by B.A.
My daughter was crying - what was said in the cave at the end? Thanks.
Christopher Reeve(at least it sounded like his voice, so I'm thinking they reused dialog from his earlier appearances) saying "make your own destiny kal-el"
Old 02-23-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Peyton List is playing Lucy next week.

I guess Margot Kidder's differences with the producers had her character being written off like that in the end, suggesting she was less of an ally. I read somewhere it was a contractual issue and that she felt they were trying to exploit Reeve's death for the episode.
Old 02-23-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You're superman, jackass. You don't need to fight with a sword. I really hope i'm missing something there, like he's been weakened, or he can get hurt for some reason.
Dude, you're obviously missing something very important. What are Superman's weaknesses? They're Kryptonite and magic. Isabell's power is magic. Put two and two together and it makes sense.

As is typical in every Smallville thread, there's copious amounts of whining. Yet, the people who whine constantly about how the show sucks, continue to watch the show. Go figure.
Old 02-23-05, 09:28 PM
Banned

clark is an idiot, he moves faster than bullets he could hit lana before she could even react to him moving, thats why the fights with him and otherse make no sense, he could land so many blows before they could fight back.
Old 02-23-05, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

yeah, I understand how the sword cut him, but why was he fighting her at normal human speed for the most part? and when he ran up and pick pocketed her he should have added some heat vision shots. nothing deadly, just enough to catch her robe on fire to distract her
Old 02-23-05, 10:06 PM

If Clark actually started using his head then the action portions of the show would be super short . Would go along the lines of super speed up to FOTW, land a thousand punches, run off. After seeing this episode I just kept shaking my head, she throws a sai at him and oddly enough he actually sat there as it hit him , he could have at least used heat vision to deflect it, or *gasp* move out of the way!
Old 02-23-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For an 8 p.m. EST show, the torture scenes were pretty intense.

Mulana appeared to have a fun time with the wire-fu.

Clark is a dunce when it comes to combat, he really does forget that he has super-speed that would trounce most threats and situations. It's lazy writing, but you have to fill up the time somehow.
Old 02-23-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the choregraphy was god awful lol

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.