Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Crouching Tig...err...Sacred" -- 02.23.2005

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I thought Sgt. Riggs handled the shock torture better. They should have had Gary Busey as a guest star.
Old 02-23-05, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrell
Dude, you're obviously missing something very important. What are Superman's weaknesses? They're Kryptonite and magic. Isabell's power is magic. Put two and two together and it makes sense.

As is typical in every Smallville thread, there's copious amounts of whining. Yet, the people who whine constantly about how the show sucks, continue to watch the show. Go figure.
I wasn't clever enough to think of "oh it must be a magic sword" ... And it also didn't show the Sai peircing Clark's shoulder in the preview, so based on what i saw at the time, i'll stand by my earlier statement.

I'd get used to people expressing their opinions about the show.

No Chloe this week

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 02-24-05 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-23-05, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Mulana appeared to have a fun time with the wire-fu.

Mulana!
Old 02-24-05, 12:42 AM
Suspended

-MORE LANA IN A TIGHT WHITE TANK TOP!!!!! x10000
I god damn jizzed myself.

I thought Sgt. Riggs handled the shock torture better. They should have had Gary Busey as a guest star.
Holy shit LOL!!!!! Mr Joshua, that rules dude!

Well aside from the cheesyness mentioned, I liked the episode. Its nice to get away from Kansas where the characters feel "comfortable" in there surroundings, and to a place where people don't feel comfortable, its a nice twist.

I agree the witch thing is overdoing it, but you have to do something with Lana, she is one of the main characters in the Superman universe, you can't kill her.

I like lEx getting played when that dude said "I know people who have more money than you do" that was tight. Lex just thinks he can buy his way out of everything, not this time.

Clark needs to bitch slap Jason and take the stone back.

Damn Lucy looks hawt for next week!
Old 02-24-05, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Well, considering that I went into this episode expecting the worst (based on the previews), it turned out to not be so bad.

I got confused at the end when Clark was talking about the last e-mail from Swann - Was he refering to the now-third stone?? Or am I getting the 'key' that was mailed to Clark confused with a 'stone'? I thought it (the 'key') was one of the three, the second being what Lana now has, so ... what??
Old 02-24-05, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My understanding was that the key is different than the stones. Clark got the first in the season premiere. MuLana has the second. The third will hopefully be found and resolved by the finale.

For me it was good and bad. Good: They handled the Swann stuff as well as can be done
Spoiler:
considering Margot Kidder wouldn't play her part again
There was more involvement from Lex and Lionell. And with any luck we'll see Kal El's badass sometime before the end of the season.
Old 02-24-05, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Old 02-24-05, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
so since the cave has a secret door that will open for clark (based on the ST like door sound effect) and a platform where he can chat with dad, is that his fortress of solitude in this incarnation?
Old 02-24-05, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't see any previews, and had no knowledge of what this show was going to be about, and I totally dug this episode. Yes, the fight between Clark and Lana was a little bit cheesy, and yes the torture scene reeked of Lethal Weapon 1, but I thought this episode delivered. I liked the tribute to Christopher Reeve, and writing him out of the storyline sadly had to be done. People have too many little complaints about the slightest thing. It was nice to have more Lionel and Kents in this episode. I must say though that this witch storyline better have a good payoff.
Old 02-24-05, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I've been a big supporter of the show and, to the best of my knowledge, this is my first whining about it, so...

WTF? First Jor-el says "Rule the Earth" now he's changed his tune and is saying "Save the Earth"? Wish they'd make up their minds.

WTF? This whole ancient witch angle is way too much. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for a super-powered alien hero, meteor rock induced "freaks", implausible relationships, complete lack of security at Lex's mansion so that anyone can just walk in at any time, high school student's mixed up in all sorts of intrigue & shenanigans, etc., etc., etc. but c'mon, the magic & witchcraft is just too much. I cringe every time lana speaks a spell.

WTF? Super-speed, Clark? Grab the stone, run miles away, hide it, come back to fight witch, all in 10 seconds or so?

WTF? Lucy Lane? Like we need yet another girl on the show? Chloe, Lana, Lois, Lucy, what is the purpose? I thought they had a good thing going with Allison(? - teleporting girlfriend who got killed) and have potential to develop something with Chloe, whether they get together or not, her knowing his secret (at least partially) could be agood storyline.

The show could be so much better. There are a lot of opportunities for plot developments. Every episode could/should develop the characters & story but too often this isn't the case.

Fingers crossed.

The contest they were running w/ Lex's password says you could win a guest spot on the season premiere. So I guess it has already been picked up for next year?
Old 02-24-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
Christopher Reeve(at least it sounded like his voice, so I'm thinking they reused dialog from his earlier appearances) saying "make your own destiny kal-el"
danke, herr hunt.
Old 02-24-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by animalmystic
-MORE LANA IN A TIGHT WHITE TANK TOP!!!!! x10000
The one highlight of the show.

I skipped last week's ep but tuned in this week because I heard it would center around Lana.

Looks like I can skip next week also.
Old 02-24-05, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog

They were in China though so Endo (was he Chinese?) might have been there. He has forgotten more about pain than most people will ever know.
Old 02-24-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
They were really in China?
Old 02-24-05, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Overall I enjoyed the episode. The fight was by far the worst part, but it only lasted a few minutes.. Fav line - "Being tortured wasn't my idea of fun, but I have to admit it's nice to have the old dad back."

Question - is any of this Lana/witch/stones storyline in any of the comics?
Old 02-24-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Artman
Question - is any of this Lana/witch/stones storyline in any of the comics?
No.
Old 02-25-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
The episode wasn't as bad as i thought. I still hate the Countess story, but as long as it's being tied into the far more interesting stones/Jor-El angle, i can live with it.
Old 02-25-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I didn't enjoy this episode because I went into it hating it from the previews. I'm not a big fan of the Countess/stones plot, but at least they are furthering it. I just don't really know what to say, it just doesn't feel the same as it used to. I still enjoy the show, but it just feels different.
Old 02-25-05, 11:46 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Apart from the fight scene, this episode was a notch above last week. I hope they resolve this 3 stone shit before the end of the season. If they punk me with a season ending cliffhanger concerning those stones, I will be pissed.
Old 02-25-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,100 Likes on 796 Posts
What's truly sad is they could've easily left Lana in Paris after the end of Season 3 and no one would've missed her.
I would have.

Me likey... Me likey a lot.
Old 02-25-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wasn't clever enough to think of "oh it must be a magic sword"
You didn't see the sword light up before she threw it at Clark? She obviously used her magic on the sword, hence why it was able to pierce Clark's shoulder. It was as plain as the nose on your face. Maybe you weren't paying attention.

I'd get used to people expressing their opinions about the show.
I have no problems with legitimate criticisms. But when I see a lame one, and there are a lot of awfully lame criticisms of this show, I'm gonna mention them.

I'm still amazed that so many people never seem to like this show, yet continue to watch it.

Last edited by Terrell; 02-25-05 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-25-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have no problems with legitimate criticisms. But when I see a lame one, and there are a lot of awfully lame criticisms of this show, I'm gonna mention them. I'm still amazed that so many people never seem to like this show, yet continue to watch it.
People still watch the show hoping that the next episode will be better or it will have something that will advance the story. Lately, most people don't like the way the direction of the show has gone and that includes me. Getting to x-fileish, but that's probably a lame excuse right?
There are always people who won't like the show or some aspect of it. It's like you have something personal at stake if people say something to criticize the show. You working for it or what?
Old 02-25-05, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have any screenshots of Kristen in that green dress? yyyyyyyyyuuuuummmmmmuiiiiiiiieeeeeeee
Old 02-26-05, 10:08 PM

one of the worst episodes i can remember...cheezy fight scenes and dialogue. am i the only one who bursts into laughter when Kristen becomes the countess and trys to deliver those lines?!
Old 02-26-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So....just watched this VERY SCATTERED episode.

Sigh. No Lois. No Chloe. And it's funny how, at the end of the show, it doesn't bother Lana that she's "possessed". They really need to uninvolve Lana and her stupid "plotline" from this show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.