Enterprise 02/25/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 02/25/05

Episode Title: "Divergence"

Spoiler:
With the help of Captain Hernandez, Trip and the newly-launched starship Columbia, Archer pursues the kidnapped Phlox deep into Klingon territory, as Phlox decides to cooperate with finding a cure to a virus ravaging a Klingon outpost

This arc reveals the beginnings of a second, smooth-headed breed of Klingon, seen in the original "Star Trek" series.

Meanwhile, Archer demands that Reed disclose his secret orders when his ties to a mysterious intelligence organization are revealed. Later, when Trip temporarily returns to Enterprise, T'Pol tries to broach an uncomfortable subject with him.
Old 02-25-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A former head of Paramount Television, a producer of Disney's Inspector Gadget movies and a screenwriter new to the franchise are working with longtime Star Trek executive producer Rick Berman to develop the eleventh Star Trek feature film, a trade newspaper has revealed.

"You can only squeeze so many eggs out of a golden goose," Berman told Variety, stating that the concept of Star Trek has been overexposed and needs to be reinvented. Berman told reporter Dave McNary that another Star Trek television series is at least three years away, and that, if the proposal for the eleventh film goes forward, it will not focus on already-established TV characters.

Berman's partners in development are said to be Jordan Kerner, a producer of over 30 films who has not previously worked on Star Trek; former Paramount Television president Kerry McCluggage, who has been cited by many Star Trek actors and producers as a strong supporter of the franchise; and a screenwriter named Eric Genderson.

"Each time we started something else, we were competing against the previous shows so as the number started to accumulate, we started to see franchise fatigue," Berman admitted. "You could see it with the performance of the last film, which was a wonderful movie." Variety noted that the studio is in "a time of uncertainty" with two new execs, Viacom co-president Tom Freston and Paramount head Brad Grey, more focused on developing films for younger audiences than long-time Star Trek fans.

Director Roger Nygard of the Trekkies documentaries noted that he believes a hiatus is logical, "like after you've eaten Thanksgiving dinner, you really don't want any more turkey", but he was confident that, as fans predicted in Trekkies 2, Star Trek would still be around in another 50 years. He added, "It's worth noting that Star Trek didn't really begin toflourish until it had been off the air for awhile the first time."
Link
Old 02-25-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Why wouldn't Coto be involved in a movie? I mean hell, he pretty much made this season worthwhile. Oh wait, that would be too logical.
Old 02-25-05, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

"Each time we started something else, we were competing against the previous shows so as the number started to accumulate, we started to see franchise fatigue," Berman admitted. "You could see it with the performance of the last film, which was a wonderful movie."
Oh, god... they're never going to get rid of him, are they?
Old 02-25-05, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
"Each time we started something else, we were competing against the previous shows so as the number started to accumulate, we started to see franchise fatigue," Berman admitted. "You could see it with the performance of the last film, which was a wonderful movie."
Old 02-25-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Variety updated the article about the film, correcting the screenwriters name. It's actually Erik Jendresen. He wrote three episodes of HBO's "Band of Brothers".
Old 02-25-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Who wrote Khan and TUC? Have that person be the writer for any new movie.
Old 02-25-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Who wrote Khan and TUC? Have that person be the writer for any new movie.
Nicholas Meyer might be who you're thinking of, but he was an uncredited writer on Khan. Jack Sowards wrote the screenplay there.

I believe Meyer has said he only had interest in the original characters.
Old 02-25-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Chew
Nicholas Meyer might be who you're thinking of, but he was an uncredited writer on Khan. Jack Sowards wrote the screenplay there.

Okay. Who wrote First Contact. That's a good 2nd choice.
Old 02-25-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Okay. Who wrote First Contact. That's a good 2nd choice.
Brannon Braga and Ron Moore
Old 02-25-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A former head of Paramount Television, a producer of Disney's Inspector Gadget movies and a screenwriter new to the franchise are working with longtime Star Trek executive producer Rick Berman to develop the eleventh Star Trek feature film, a trade newspaper has revealed.
Go Go Gadget Crap. Get Bermen out of there and I might get excited.
Old 02-25-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Meyer also did all the scenes in Star Trek IV that took place in the past.
Old 02-25-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by MvRojo
Brannon Braga and Ron Moore

Well, 1 outta 2 ain't bad.
Old 02-25-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Berman.Berman.Berman. When are you going to learn. We dont want to see a new movie with new characters and we didnt think the last movie was Wonderful. Cant they put anyone at the helm that is in touch with the fans opinions?
Old 02-25-05, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Berman.Berman.Berman. When are you going to learn. We dont want to see a new movie with new characters and we didnt think the last movie was Wonderful. Cant they put anyone at the helm that is in touch with the fans opinions?
Of course. Why else was Enterprise canceled after it started getting interesting?

Last edited by Rascal; 02-25-05 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-25-05, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rick is still involved and it's going to be about a New crew so look for it to crash just like the Bridge in Generations.

From Trekweb..........
Variety raised eyebrows this week when in an interview with TREK producer Rick Berman the trade named "Eric Genderson" as the scribe brought in by Paramount to work with Berman and producers Kerry McCluggage and Jordan Kerner on an eleventh STAR TREK feature film. TrekWeb has confirmed from the writer of the article that indeed the individual in question is actually Erik Jendresen, one of the Emmy Award-winning producers of BAND OF BROTHERS.

Jendresen is an accomplished writer in many genres, having novels, plays, and screenplays to his credit. IGN FilmForce reviewed Jendresen's career aptl in a "10 Questions" interview posted in December 2003. According to the article, Jendresen has penned the novels THE FOUR WINDS and ISLANDS OF THE SUN as well as two children's books, HANUMAN and THE FIRST STORY EVER TOLD. Among his film credits are CRAZY AS HELL and DEADLOCKED, as well as several projects in development.

-----
Excerpt from Manny Coto Interview:

Tim Brazeal : Which period of TREK history would you like to explore more ?

Coto : Personally, although I wouldn't really recommend doing another prequal, The most interesting would be the period during the STAR TREK feature films. However I'd recommend for the next series going to the 25th century because I feel that STAR TREK should move forward.
Tim_Brazeal : Do you think that STAR TREK needs a break?

Coto : I don't for a moment believe STAR TREK needs a break. In fact I think we need more STAR TREK. There should be a STAR TREK night on UPN. I believe there is an audience for the show. I think a lot of it has to do with promotion. I don't know how many times people have told me when I tell them that I'm working on STAR TREK, they're response is "Is that still on" Many people don't know we are here. The people who run around saying that STAR TREK needs a break are themselves in

Tim Brazeal : What plans do you have for season 5 ?

Coto : I have numerous plans. The most interesting that come to mind are an arc that would deal with the founding of the first starbase. Also, I want to do a multi-part arc that takes place on the cloud city Stratos. And I really want to visit Denobula and to possibly do a coulple more mirror universe episodes which I invision as almost a series within a series. But the central theme of the season would have been the true founding of The Federation.

Tim Brazeal : Any spoilers or hints on the final episode?

Coto : I'm going to hold off on giving any spoilers on the final episode because it was written by Rick and Brannon. But I can say that it is a very moving episode and that it will be a success.

Last edited by riley_dude; 02-25-05 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-25-05, 06:18 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Good Lord, these people are in denial.
Old 02-25-05, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
"reread the charter, Article 14 Section 31"
well, it's official, that guy is from Section 31
Old 02-25-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
seeing how things ended relatively peacefully I'm still left wondering.
Where's the disasterous first contact with the klingons mentioned in TNG?
Old 02-26-05, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was a great episode. The whole warp sequence at the beginning was pretty cool and it was original which made it even better.
Old 02-26-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MvRojo
That was a great episode. The whole warp sequence at the beginning was pretty cool and it was original which made it even better.
It was a pretty cool sequence with one ship being inverted.
Old 02-26-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Another good episode.
Old 02-26-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Phil L.
It was a pretty cool sequence with one ship being inverted.
Yeah, I loved that. Star Trek doesn't acknowledge very much that space has no direction.
Old 02-26-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Bandoman

Good Lord, these people are in denial.
I can't even find the energy to get mad about it anymore. Their complete inability to face reality is just so damn funny that all I can do is sit back and laugh.

das
Old 02-26-05, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Not a bad episode, but since the premise was given to us last week, and we already know the future, it kinda seemed a bit like filler to me. I did like the way Phlox stepped up and took charge! That was quite entertaining!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.