Reload this Page >

Veronica Mars - 2/22/05 - "Russkie Business"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-22-05, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a late reminder, the all new episode is on tonight at 9PM on UPN with special guest Alyson Hannigan.

Last edited by NitroJMS; 02-22-05 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

This is the last new episode for a couple of weeks...We NEED good ratings if we want a second season!
Old 02-22-05, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Willow!!!
Old 02-22-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
This is the last new episode for a couple of weeks...We NEED good ratings if we want a second season!
I guarantee you there will be a 2nd season. I will personally finance it if it's necessary.
Old 02-22-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
UPN is standing behind two shows this season. Veronica Mars and that Black Lawyer show. So I wouldn't expect them to be canned.
Old 02-22-05, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great episode tonight, probably one of my favorites thus far. The 4 or so intertwining mysteries were all pretty interesting.

Alyson was good too, and I'm curious as to where her character is going to go. Hopefully her new recurring character will boost the ratings as she should bring in some more Buffy fans to try the show out.

Spoiler:
I can't wait til the next one since they left us with the first real cliffhanger of the series. Was that the Kane security director at the very end or someone else that was holding Mrs. Mars?
Old 02-22-05, 10:04 PM
Banned

Just finished watching this, not much of alyson hannigan in the ep, it was pretty though with a "cliff hanger type" ending.

Hopefully this goes for a second season, its quickly becoming one of my favorite shows on tv.
Old 02-22-05, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Willow!!!
More like Dark Willow!!!
Old 02-22-05, 10:45 PM

What a terrific episode.

Although did anyone else feel old that the high school kids had an 80's dance? I went to high school in the 80's, and that made me feel ancient.

Isn't it kind of illegal for a cop to be kissing on a teenage girl?
Old 02-22-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
that Black Lawyer show
They should totally rename Kevin Hill to be That Black Lawyer Show. There might be a chance of me watching it then.

I'm continually dazzled by Veronica Mars. I post something like that almost every week, but I haven't seen anything on TV in a long while that coaxes that sort of giddiness and excitement from me.
Old 02-22-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

GONNA BE IN LOS ANGELES ON MARCH 14th?

UPN's hit show VERONICA MARS will be showcased at the Museum of Television & Radio on March 14 at 7:30PM.

Monday, March 14 at 7:00 p.m.
VERONICA MARS
In Person: Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni, Michael Fields, Joel Silver, Rob Thomas
Moderator: Cynthia Littleton
Whether going undercover at hippie communes, exposing school-election rigging, befriending school outcasts, or sweet-talking her way into secret places—all the while keeping on the trail of the case that changed her life, the murder of her best friend—the titular teen sleuth of this appealing detective show is a Nancy Drew for the twenty-first century.

FESTIVAL LOCATION:
DGA Theatre Complex
Directors Guild of America
7920 Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, California

Admission for each event is $29. (For senior citizens and students with ID, admission is $25.)

I sure wish I could go to this. The other tv shows that are/were being showcased include Lost, NYPD Blue, and Desperate Houswives among others. I think it's a damn good sign that they've chosen to showcase Veronica. Maybe the ratings will come next year, but the critical acclaim seems to be there already.
Old 02-22-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
UPN's hit show VERONICA MARS will be showcased at the Museum of Television & Radio on March 14 at 7:30PM.

Monday, March 14 at 7:00 p.m.
VERONICA MARS
In Person: Enrico Colantoni
Thought bubble over Enrico Colantoni's head: "I was on that stupid show with fucking David Spade for like 5 years and couldn't get a whopper at Burger King, now these bastards are paying to see me!"
Old 02-23-05, 01:06 AM
Banned

I was wondering about the cop kissing veronica as well, how old is she meant to be? if shes 18 then it shoul dbe fine, because the guy doesnt look much older than 21 or 22.
Old 02-23-05, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tassadar
I was wondering about the cop kissing veronica as well, how old is she meant to be? if shes 18 then it shoul dbe fine, because the guy doesnt look much older than 21 or 22.
You can theoretically be a cop by 19 or 20 if the force has low standards (although I doubt a ritzy suburban neighborhood like Neptune is supposed to be would have lax hiring standards, current sheriff character notwithstanding). I thought Veronica was a junior but she could be a senior, was this ever revealed? Even if she's a senior, she'd just barely may be 18, but still likely 17. It still is creepy that he's probably around 22 or 23 and picking up a high school girl. I've actually been thinking that she might hook up with Logan lately since they've been hinting at that a little the past few episodes with them being so close on the investigation.
Old 02-23-05, 05:00 AM
Banned

I dont know its not really that creepy, veronica is quite mature and the deputy isnt exactly trying to take sexual advantage of her, maybe hes younger than 22 maybe hes more like 20 like you said.
Old 02-23-05, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

She's 17; he's 20. They discussed it on a previous show.

I saw the director of security at the bar, but didn't it cut to someone leaving the bar that looked like a white male? My PVR cut off then, so I only saw it for a split second. Or am I just making this up?
Old 02-23-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I the only guy on the forum not infatuated w/ Alyson Hannigan?
Old 02-23-05, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

UGH!!! How did my Tivo skip this episode???????? Grrr.. I hope they repeat it. HUGE Alyson Hannigan fan.
Old 02-23-05, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nope. I'm not either. Kristen Bell is another story though
Old 02-23-05, 11:27 AM

The blandness of Duncan reared its ugly head again when Veronica received the fax and I had no idea who that sketch was supposed to be. I always forget what he looks like.
Old 02-23-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How does Veronica get her school work done with 3-4 intertwining subplots each week?

Not too crazy about Veronica and the young cop. It feels wrong, and in some respects, I keep getting the feeling she's just using his access to info, but trading on his feelings for her.

It was pretty obvious Trina was going to turn out to be the woman using Logan's mom's credit card. For a character intro, Alyson Hannigan wasn't given much, though she came across familiar enough to the some of the cast in terms of knowing Veronica when she was younger. I wonder how Alyson felt, filming yet another quick scene in a high school setting (the dance).

The mystery admirer subplot had to be a little confusing for Veronica once she found out who the admirer be for her cheerleader pal.

Ever get the idea Keith tries to give Veronica just enough rope before she hangs herself in the "official" cases for him?

Finally Veronica finds her mom, and it's not a good place to be. Was that the head of Kane security at the dumpy diner/bar?
Old 02-23-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by B.A.
Am I the only guy on the forum not infatuated w/ Alyson Hannigan?
No, I think she's weird-looking. And that voice! Ugh.
Old 02-23-05, 02:46 PM
Banned

Im sure veronica gets her school work done the same way buffy got her school work done while fighting vamps all night.
Old 02-23-05, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
The blandness of Duncan reared its ugly head again when Veronica received the fax and I had no idea who that sketch was supposed to be. I always forget what he looks like.
Me too, I thought who the heck is that it doesn't look like either kid she thought it was. Kinda dawned on me though when she was at the dance and gave her the flower to wear.
Old 02-24-05, 01:30 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was a excellent episode, in particular the ending. I'm pretty sure that was the guy who works for Jake Kane at the bar.

Alyson can look very good sometimes, this episode wasn't one of those times.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.