DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ultimate Fighter - Best unknown reality show bar none. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/410908-ultimate-fighter-best-unknown-reality-show-bar-none.html)

xx2000xx 02-21-05 11:32 PM

Ultimate Fighter - Best unknown reality show bar none.

I guess if you're not a WWE wrestling fan, or don't watch Spike t.v, you would have never known about one of the best reality shows in many of years. Reason why WWE fans would know is because it's right after their show.

I'm fan of reality t.v, and this ranks up there with the amazing race, survivor, and big brother (season 2, 3, 5) as top notch. Some people may have heard of it, but then you may think it's another fighting reality show like tough enough which the WWE did. Oh wow, let's teach somebody to throw a bodyslam, or do a proper drop kick blah blah blah. No it's nothing like that.

This is 100% like the real world, but with guys fighting for real each show. Same format i guess, all males in a house, no t.v, books, movies etc... But this is a UFC show (ultimate fighting championship) these guys are hardcore, with a 100% legit fight each show for 2 5 min. rounds. Same rules as UFC, little gloves but if you punch somebody it will draw blood which we've seen already.

We've almost had fist fights withen the house to talking non-stop talking shit, to even getting so pissed off that somebody broke the glass door down, which cut his hand so bad, you could see his knuckle to the bone.

Point is, this is the most raw type of reality show you could ever see. Even if you like the real world, you'd love this show, cause it's the same dynamic but yet these guys hate each other, like most of real world shows are, yet they can literally cripple or break bones to the other guys.

I know a segment of the population hates boxing or mixed martial arts because the goal is to hurt the other person, but if you can get passed that, please check this out. 10 central p.m after wwe raw, monday night. (raw will always go after the 10 p.m mark because it's live, so 10:07 or so is when it really starts.)

Ketamine 02-22-05 07:41 AM

I watched the first episode and loved it. I couldn't watch the 2nd show and decided to wait and buy it on DVD. It is on a little later than I would want so I will just have to avoid seeing anything about it untill the DVD comes out. I think it is a great idea for a reality show but don't know how well it will do in the ratings.

Chew 02-22-05 10:36 AM

There's already a thread on this show here. :)

MrBob 02-22-05 11:19 AM

you ought to checkout mma.tv if you haven't yet. The are really into it, and some of the fighters post there and talk shit. Bobby southworth posted on there about a week ago, saying something like He would fuck up Chris Leben in a fight.

Also Joe Rogan is in a huge flame war with a poster over there.