Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24): Day 4 [4:00 - 5:00] -- 2/21/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Detective Thorn
I believe some thumb print scanners also sense heat. I saw a story a few weeks ago about a grocery store chain using thumb prints in the checkout process and they said that the sensors also detected heat to prevent fraud.
There are some thumb print scanners that can even detect if there is a pulse.
Old 02-21-05, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the thumb print may also be linked with a unique password. you can chop off a dead guy's thumb, but you can't get his password that goes with the thumb.
Old 02-21-05, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Yeah, I'm thinking Audrey is a lock for being the real baddy at this point.
That was my guess in the first week ... just as the big "twist." I also wonder how/if the son will play back into it.
Old 02-21-05, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
this was a weak episode.

I, too scratched my head when Audrey said what'shisface knew how far away she was. Guess she's the new Kim.
Old 02-21-05, 11:15 PM

24 Needs to end this season, let Jack Fail and have $h!t blow up.
Old 02-21-05, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
this was a weak episode.

I, too scratched my head when Audrey said what'shisface knew how far away she was. Guess she's the new Kim.
The hotel he was staying at could have been close to the CTU HQ, which would put her somewhat near him.
Old 02-22-05, 12:09 AM

Forget all the time thing, what about the useless CTU agents? It seems that Jack is the only one that stays alive as a field agent. All the CTU agents had to do was stand guard, and they can't even do that!
Old 02-22-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I totally agree Audrey is becoming the new Kim. She's already been almost killed twice today. Is she going for the trifecta?

Other than that, not a bad episode. Behrooz finally popped his dad and Marianne is gone, and Tony looks like he's back for good (which could actually be bad news for him). The rescue was a bit lame, and I think Paul is a red herring. Also you'd think that at some point, CTU would start taking more than three agents on missions to get secret computer stuff, but oh well. Feels too much like season 2 though--Jack isn't with CTU at the start, middle eastern extremists plotting a nuclear attack, "real" bad guy turns out to be a rich white dude... and so on.

Gotta say though, 30 mins of torture to get a two-pay-scale raise? I'd take it.
Old 02-22-05, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmmm...some dumb stuff happened but i really liked this episode...it was exciting and fun. thats all i watch it for anyway...its tv for goodness sake
Old 02-22-05, 02:27 AM

I thought this episode was alright.

Next weeks looks pretty exciting. I'm still waiting for whats comming after the override..

I for one, hope that Audrey, is not one of the bad guys.
Old 02-22-05, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by gongon78
It seems that Jack is the only one that stays alive as a field agent. All the CTU agents had to do was stand guard, and they can't even do that!
f'rreal man. Why doesn't CTU just dress 'em in red shirts and get it over with..
Originally Posted by Achtung
Gotta say though, 30 mins of torture to get a two-pay-scale raise? I'd take it.
I don't know...that taser to the neck looked like it hurt..
Old 02-22-05, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
f'rreal man. Why doesn't CTU just dress 'em in red shirts and get it over with..I don't know...that taser to the neck looked like it hurt..

Did you notice that the guards at CTU that look like cops actually do wear red shirts?
Old 02-22-05, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
The hotel he was staying at could have been close to the CTU HQ, which would put her somewhat near him.
yes, but she could have been calling from anywhere. she could have said "i'm at such and such and it'll take me 15 minutes." lame!!

and yes, those agents standing guard at the door are useless! why even bring any? (it was obvious that they were gonners when curtis closed the door behind him) why didn't they shoot curtis? they shot everyone else! why not keep marianne alive to ask questions? she'd be much easier to intimidate than a CTU agent.
Old 02-22-05, 07:41 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
What's with the PC bullshit having some white guys apparently at the heart of the terrorist plot? I guess in real life no Middle Eastern group would try to pull off such a stunt without being run and/or assisted by Americans of European descent.
Old 02-22-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ctyankee
The only audio effect they missed was not playing the Mission Impossible music when Jack gets lowered by the cable.
As Jack was upside-down, I was thinking of him in The Lost Boys. All he needed to say was, "You're dead meeeaat!"

Damn those Eurotrash villains! Always using poor innocent Middle Eastern terrorists to further their own agenda!
Old 02-22-05, 08:29 AM

Why couldn't Curtis call for a satellite thermal image of the seemingly empty office building he was so suspicous of? If Jack can get it for the hospital seems like Curtis, whose mission was of equal or greater importance, could get the same support. Instead he gets two clueless redshirts.
Old 02-22-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Achtung

Paul is a red herring.
I'll be shocked, SHOCKED! I tell you, if Paul is completely innocent of any wrong-doing, and this is all an obvious setup for Jack to treat him poorly so Audrey feels sorry for him and changes her mind about the divorce. That would never happen.

das
Old 02-22-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey
I'll be shocked, SHOCKED! I tell you, if Paul is completely innocent of any wrong-doing, and this is all an obvious setup for Jack to treat him poorly so Audrey feels sorry for him and changes her mind about the divorce. That would never happen.

das

So what you're saying is, Paul is the new Chloe?
Old 02-22-05, 09:49 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I miss Chloe.
Old 02-22-05, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
I also thought the Jack-as-Ethan Hunt move was a little cheesy.
The ironic thing is that Mission: Impossible was on USA at the same time.
Old 02-22-05, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
OK episode. How many people are going to be killed right before they talk about what they know, though. The only people left for Erin to torture and interrogate are emplyees and relatives. I was also sorta disappointed that I only got two episodes of "drink" last night, one from Mrs. Araz and one from Audrey.

Speaking of which, I know that "24" has an established minimalist opening, but if they ever decide to use a theme song, I propose this one

Last edited by Decker; 02-22-05 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-22-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Achtung
I totally agree Audrey is becoming the new Kim. She's already been almost killed twice today. Is she going for the trifecta?
Elisha Cuthbert is hotter
Old 02-22-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
CBS moved into the lead at 9 p.m. with "Everybody Loves Raymond," 10.9/16, and "Two and a Half Men," 10.6/15. FOX's "24," aided by the big lead-in, posted an 8.1/12 for second, an improvement over recent weeks. "Las Vegas," 7.5/11, was third for NBC, and "The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All" (6.0/9) came in fourth for ABC. "Everwood" held onto the No. 5 spot for The WB. "Girlfriends" and "Half and Half" averaged 2.4/3 for UPN.
Old 02-22-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Any episode that ends up killing the two most evil
Spoiler:
(Nafi)
and annoying
Spoiler:
(Marianne)
characters on the show is all right with me.
Old 02-22-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey

das
Of course Paul is a red herring...but Jack won't find that out until
Spoiler:
he lights him up like a Chirstmas tree with that electro-shock treatment
next week!

Speculation: Remember Heller's son wouldn't talk? Could he be protecting his sister? Is Jack a magnet for turncoat women? Will Chloe come back and hook up with Edgar? Will Driscoll's daughter hook up with Berooz? With Tony hook up with Sec. Heller?! And just how long is The President going to stay on that damn plane?

Last edited by Shannon Nutt; 02-22-05 at 02:09 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.