DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Carnivále - Damascus, NE - 2/20/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/410738-carniv%E1le-damascus-ne-2-20-05-a.html)

auto 02-20-05 08:54 PM

Carnivále - Damascus, NE - 2/20/05

Justin and Iris placate Bishop McNaughton with a hearty breakfast; Ben follows his visions to a seedy hotel with Stroud hot on his tail; Sabina airs her dirty laundry with Lila; Libby and Rita Sue do some self-reflection; Iris displays her strength to Norman; the troupe worries about Sofie; Libby gives Jones special treatment; and Samson is distracted while Management tries to destroy a gift from Ben.

Wow. That was awesome.

Bullshit that it was on 45 minutes long though.

Astro 02-20-05 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by automator
Bullshit that it was on 45 minutes long though.

No kidding! When it went to credits I was convinced it was a trick or something.

I wonder what the extent of everyone's injuries were in the town when Ben healed Scudder.

auto 02-20-05 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Astro
I wonder what the extent of everyone's injuries were in the town when Ben healed Scudder.

I don't know but people were dropping like flies. Pretty cool.

sven 02-20-05 09:10 PM

Boy that bear really kicked the Russians hiney didnt he?

Geofferson 02-20-05 09:21 PM

Wow! :up:

Great episode tonight. Loved the showdown at the hotel with Ben, Scudder and Stroud. Liked the scene between Libby and Jonesy as well, "Put it back there..." :lol:

Regarding Ben healing Scudder, the same thing happened when he healed the paralyzed girl and Gabriel from last season - the life around him dies. The fields withered up and died in the case of the girl and fish died in the pond in the case of Gabriel. Looks like Stroud is still around though.

Josh-da-man 02-20-05 09:41 PM

Jonesy hit the jackpot there, didn't he?

Astro 02-20-05 11:54 PM

Priest to other priests: "SH*T!"

:lol:

Tom Banjo 02-21-05 12:52 AM

Damn. That almost felt like a season finale. It's good to have the speculation confirmed that Management is Justin's father. And we have Scudder! I'm ready to see the next episode NOW.

spainlinx0 02-21-05 01:10 AM

Way too short damnit. Still a very good episode, and wow management was freaky looking.

WhoGirl 02-21-05 01:34 AM

Wow! Scutter, Management, and back-door action all in one episode! They hit the trifecta with this one... :up:

tasha99 02-21-05 02:08 AM

I think management was the amputee that Ben dreams about all the time (this may have been obvious from earlier episodes and I forgot--I am definately getting these dvd's since it's so easy to miss things).

Great episode; this show is really starting to fly.

Chip718 02-21-05 08:23 AM

How could you not love a show with both projectile vomiting and butt lovin'?

Geofferson 02-21-05 09:05 AM

Was Management bleeding blue blood? Looked blue to me, but may have just been the lighting.

auto 02-21-05 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Was Management bleeding blue blood? Looked blue to me, but may have just been the lighting.

That's what I thought. Not sure why though.

:up: Jonesy.

Cusm 02-21-05 09:32 AM

They have showed the "One" to bleed blue. Remember that little freak at the radio station cut Justin's hand and freaked out when he bled blue, saying he was still a man, the other was still alive - hence the reason he is looking for Scudder.

Did it look like it went back to red as he grabbed Ben?

Supermallet 02-21-05 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
They have showed the "One" to bleed blue. Remember that little freak at the radio station cut Justin's hand and freaked out when he bled blue, saying he was still a man, the other was still alive - hence the reason he is looking for Scudder.

Did it look like it went back to red as he grabbed Ben?

Actually, he freaked out when Justin bled RED, not blue. I didn't notice if management's blood went red at the end.

Cusm 02-21-05 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Actually, he freaked out when Justin bled RED, not blue. I didn't notice if management's blood went red at the end.

That is what I meant. Both, Justin and Ben, have had dreams of the tatooed man cutting his palm and it bleeding blue.

I am a little disapointed he found Hack so soon, I was hoping his search would be longer.

Is Management dead? Did he pass his knowledge on to Ben and that is why the lights came back on?

Is Scudder really Justins equal, or was management lying to Ben?

Is Scudder the tatooed man, and the father of Sophie?

Burnt Alive 02-21-05 01:29 PM

I am a little disapointed he found Hack so soon, I was hoping his search would be longer.

Same here. I felt way too much went on in this episode. Especially comapared to the pace of the first season.

Geofferson 02-21-05 01:59 PM

This really didn't bother me. I figured we're on episode 19 and 1/2 way through season 2. There is so much more yet to unfold of this tale...

Supermallet 02-21-05 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
This really didn't bother me. I figured we're on episode 19 and 1/2 way through season 2. There is so much more yet to unfold of this tale...

1/2 way through the season? With Deadwood starting the first week of March? I think next week might be the season's last episode.

Also, I went to play that Fate game they were advertising, which looked great, but found that I can only play it on a PC. Sons of bitches.

Geofferson 02-21-05 02:27 PM

1/2 way through the season? With Deadwood starting the first week of March? I think next week might be the season's last episode.

I'm assuming the season is 13 episodes long. Have you heard otherwise? I'm betting that Deadwood will air the hour after Carnivale.

auto 02-21-05 02:31 PM

No. HBO always does that "ONLY 3 EPISODES LEFT" deal towards the end of their seasons. They certainly would have hyped it up as the last episode during the "scenes from next week". No reason that the season wouldn't be the normal 13 episodes.

Supermallet 02-21-05 02:32 PM

Actually, you're right, if the season was ending soon they'd be airing tons of ads about how you have to catch the end of the season.

danicus007 02-21-05 05:42 PM

You people forgot to mention Ben and Sophie getting it on in the truck. I just hope they aren't brother and sister (if Scudder is the tattooed man). Great episode....we need more!!!

Astro 02-21-05 05:51 PM

Longer??? Ben has been looking for Scudder the entire length of the series to this point.

Is Management dead? Did he pass his knowledge on to Ben and that is why the lights came back on?
Either that or he sucked some Ben's powers to heal himself... that seems unlikely though.