DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives -- "Impossible" 02.20.2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/410663-desperate-housewives-impossible-02-20-2005-a.html)

Rogue588 02-20-05 11:16 AM

Desperate Housewives -- "Impossible" 02.20.2005

Impossible

Spoiler:
Mike Delfino is questioned about Mrs. Huber's murder; John's friend, Justin (guest star Ryan Carnes), attempts to blackmail Gabrielle with his knowledge of their affair; Tom wants a big promotion, but Lynette fears that she'd be home alone with the kids more than ever; and Bree is shocked when she finds a condom -- and even more so when she learns whom it belongs to. Meanwhile, Zach Young plans a pool party for the teens on Wisteria Lane, and things get out of hand.

Dr. DVD 02-20-05 08:28 PM

Bree's expression was classic when she found out about her daughter. :lol:

I loved Susan's lines.
"I'm adorable crazy, he's rampage crazy."

movieking 02-20-05 08:56 PM

Seemed like more of a filler episode than anything else. I guess we know who the gay character is now, which is no surprise.

Dr. DVD 02-20-05 09:07 PM

I would agree that it is filler, but we got a little progression in Mike's story. Was the man in the diner with Deirdre's father the guy at the police station? Looked like him.

I wonder if the Carlos and Gabriel storyline is setting them up to move away from Wisteria Lane and possibly Eva Longoria's departure from the show? I know nothing's been said about her leaving, but you never know, she might pull a David Caruso ;) .

Do I take it there's no new Desperate Housewives for three weeks? Sucks. :( I can only hope that when the show returns it kicks things into high gear with the stories. IMO, they need to resolve at least one storyline this season.

Josh H 02-20-05 10:05 PM

Just an ok episode. No major suprises, just a little about Mike, but nothing mindblowing.

Hopefully they'll ramp it up when it comes back. I agree with Dr. DVD, they need to resolve something this season.

kaempfer 02-20-05 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I wonder if the Carlos and Gabriel storyline is setting them up to move away from Wisteria Lane and possibly Eva Longoria's departure from the show? I know nothing's been said about her leaving, but you never know, she might pull a David Caruso ;) .

A couple issues ago in TV Guide, they mentione there will be a spinoff after a couple of seasons foucs on a "segment of Wisteria Lane's population... but set somewhere else." It quotes a 'TV analysts' saying "it makes more sense to do it with a main character." So it looks like one of the housewives might be leaving but probably not anytime soon...

Patman 02-20-05 10:24 PM

Bree continues to crack me up with her manipulativeness. To her the ends always justify the means.

Teri Hatcher was able to go from sad and disappointed to slapstick nervous and apologetic in a flip of the switch, nice job.

Lynette continues to be the anchor of the show.

Wonder how will the Solis's stay in the neighborhood.

MrX 02-20-05 10:47 PM

Was the man in the diner with Deirdre's father the guy at the police station? Looked like him.

Yes

Bree going and confronting John about her daughter was funny, I can't wait until she finds out Andrew is gay.

dhmac 02-20-05 10:50 PM

Good episode.

The whole condom thing was funny, particularly the dinner scene.

Susan was put through a lot of emotions in this episode and Teri Hatcher captured it all well in all of the different scenes - a great performance.

As for Mike, the cops mentioned the B&E in which he was shot - wouldn't the homeowner who shot him be able to ID him?

And, damn, Zach really is crazy! (By that, I mean rampage crazy)

dhmac 02-20-05 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
Yes

Bree going and confronting John about her daughter was funny, I can't wait until she finds out Andrew is gay.

Yeah, now both of her kids need condoms!

jeffkjoe 02-20-05 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by kaempfer
A couple issues ago in TV Guide, they mentione there will be a spinoff after a couple of seasons foucs on a "segment of Wisteria Lane's population... but set somewhere else." It quotes a 'TV analysts' saying "it makes more sense to do it with a main character." So it looks like one of the housewives might be leaving but probably not anytime soon...

My guess, or at least my vote for possible DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES SPINOFF:

Jesse Metcalfe's character, the gardener.

He's off to college, let the spinoff be about him and his family and his college life. It'd be like the O.C. of Wisteria Lane.

kooooomar 02-20-05 11:12 PM

Speaking of "rampage crazy," what ever happened to the Pharmacist guy and the drugs he switched for Bree's husband? Did I miss an episode?

Patman 02-20-05 11:17 PM

The dinner table seating at the Van de Kamps was strange looking because of how they seated the children: on the same side of the table when there was room on the opposite side for one of them to move to, but camera blocking needs made it necessary to seat both children on the same side. I know, silly nitpick.

Rogue588 02-21-05 12:50 AM

Was tonight "gay" night on television?

I was waiting for someone on Boston Legal to announce they were gay..

dhmac 02-21-05 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by kooooomar
Speaking of "rampage crazy," what ever happened to the Pharmacist guy and the drugs he switched for Bree's husband? Did I miss an episode?

I don't think George-the-Pharmacist poisoned Rex, instead I think he replaced Rex's heart medication with something that'll have no effect. So I expect Rex to have another heart attack at the worst possible time (say, probably when Bree is doing the S&M stuff with him again).

cdoug57 02-21-05 07:44 AM

Wow Zach really is "rampage crazy". Glad Susan's daughter is beginning to realize that.

Bree just continues to manipulate, will this cause her daughter to do something crazy? (attempted suicide, self-mutilation. etc.) That family seems dysfunctional enough.

So we have three weeks without Housewives. :(

Really enjoyed Teri's performance this episode, very believable.

Groucho 02-21-05 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by kooooomar

They referred to it again this episode, in a subtle fashion. If you noticed, RFK was looking a bit "under the weather" and even complained that he hadn't been feeling well lately.

That banner at the top of this thread is horrific.

B.A. 02-21-05 08:12 AM

Teri did a great job tonight. Loved Susan's line about adorable crazy and rampage crazy. :lol:

Glad to see that they moved Mike's story along in some shape or form.

The best female character on the show isn't one of the housewives - it's Julie Mayer, played perfectly by Andrea Bowen.

I guess I'm in the minority - Bree irks the hell out of me and her son is the worst character on the show. Thank God Rex and their picture of Reagan on the wall brings the funny.

Red Dog 02-21-05 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by cdoug57

So we have three weeks without Housewives. :(

Really enjoyed Teri's performance this episode, very believable.

3 weeks?! :( I hate the Oscars and non-sweeps months.

Teri did do an excellent job in this episode.

Cusm 02-21-05 09:28 AM

I loved Rex's reaction to the condom, "we could take his penis away and he would still try to have sex." (which we now know he would succeed w/o it). "Let me put it another way, Are you ready to be a grandmother."
Too bad they did not show his reaction to the realization it was his daughter's condom, they should have shown the double standard that exists in dads.

Big Boy Laroux 02-21-05 10:24 AM

I missed the first 5 minutes. I picked up right when Mike was arrested, and Susan hit the ground. Anything really happen before that?

I also like the undertone between Bree and Rex in regards to the party. Rex seemed to want them to go, so he and Bree could get some more alone time for his fetish. but bree obviously didn't want the alone time.

So mike dealt drugs? or was he framed? i'm sure he'll get back into Susan's heart and we'll learn more. but dammit, we aren't learning anything so far.

So Mike's Dying friend/ex-father-in-law is bribing police now.

reubs82 02-21-05 11:13 AM

I thought it was funny when Danielle said something to the effect of "I know you and Dad aren't happy...the walls between our rooms are paper thin." I think that was a great subtle reference to the S&M that is going on.

I enjoyed the episode. Nothing too new, but certainly some funny stuff.

Josh H 02-21-05 12:03 PM

Was the man in the diner with Deirdre's father the guy at the police station? Looked like him.

Yes. Remember he told Mike he was rich and when you're rich you can make any problem go away. I assume by asking the cop what would make him happy, he was asking how much it would take to get him to stop investingating Mike for Mrs. Huber's murder.

Dr. DVD 02-21-05 01:58 PM

If they go with a real main character, I would go with Gabriel either moving with Carlos to the city so she can find some work, or Mike Delfino.
In all honesty, Mike's story is so dark that it almost seems like it is part of another show. I figure he would be an interesting character to follow. John in college would only be interesting if he went somewhere with one of Bree's kids, and last I checked most people don't like them.

The last thing we need is a show about Edie. Not that she isn't pleasant on the eyes, but Nicolette Sheridan is only good in small doses and she most likely couldn't carry a series on her own.

reubs82 02-21-05 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Yes. Remember he told Mike he was rich and when you're rich you can make any problem go away. I assume by asking the cop what would make him happy, he was asking how much it would take to get him to stop investingating Mike for Mrs. Huber's murder.

I almost wonder if he's trying to get the cop to keep pressing Mike and frame him so he can get Mike off of the Deirdre case since there have been o results to satisfy him. At least that's one scenario.