Reload this Page >

Justice League Unlimited 2/19/05 Supes vs. Doomsday

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-20-05, 09:42 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent episode. Best of the season, IMO. Batman's comments at the end of the episode set up a future Luthor storyline very well.

Makes me think we will see the return of the Justice Lords and more from Cadmus Labs.
Old 02-20-05, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

also enjoyed this episode. actually, i enjoy every episode of the Justice League. I think they are very well written!

My wife says its horrible that Batman carries around kryponite while Batman and Superman are supposed to be friends.
Old 02-20-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That episode rocked.
Old 02-20-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode. Best of the JLU episodes.
Old 02-20-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cannot believe I missed the show, was really looking forward to it. It looks like it will not be re-aired anytime in the near future.

Can someone give me a summary with Spoiler tabs.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What the hell happened to Professor Hamilton? Wasn't he a good guy in the Superman series?
Old 02-20-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Iron_Giant, here's a summary. No spoiler tags -- it's already aired.

Batman confronts Amanda Waller, the head of a shadowy research initiative most likely funded by Luthor, in her apartment. They are discussing the Justice Lords, and it turns out that Project Cadmus was created in response to that possibility, that the Justice League would take over the world. They were responsible for the Ultimen, for instance. The government is scared of the Justice League, living above humanity in an orbital space laser "pointed down," but now they have a way of defending themselves, if necessary. Oh yeah, and she implies that she knows their secret identities.

Meanwhile, a volcano is erupting on an island, and Wonder Woman and Flash are evacuating the inhabitants. Superman is trying to stop the volcano's flow. Elsewhere, members of Cadmus (Amanda Waller, Professor Hamilton, General Eiling, and Dr. Milo) meet to discuss their current projects. Dr. Milo's animal-human hybrid research isn't progressing as fast as planned, so Waller fires him. Dr. Milo, furious, goes to where Doomsday is being held and explains his creation (created from Superman's DNA, Clockwork Oranged into hating Superman) and says that the real enemies are Waller and Hamilton, not Superman. He frees Doomsday on the agreement that he will solve both their problems. Doomsday kills Milo ("Your problem is solved") and then goes after Superman.

Superman and Doomsday fight... and fight... and fight in the volcano.

Waller tells Eiling to stop Doomsday, so Eiling launches a Kryptonite-tipped nuclear warhead at the island. The Justice League detects this and Batman leaves to take it out in a jet, since Captain Atom can't fly fast enough to reach it. Superman gets word of this and tells Wonder Woman and Flash to get everyone out of there immediately.

Waller finds out about the missile and orders Eiling to stop it, since it will also kill Superman and the inhabitants of the island. Eiling tells her that there's no way to recall it.

Batman catches up to the missile, but it's shielded, so he has to latch it onto his jet and fly it into the atmosphere. He ejects, the missile explodes, and a tidal wave hits the island. Luckily, everyone has been safely evacuated.

Superman finally beats Doomsday and imprisons him in hardened lava. Later, the Justice League questions him, but they don't get any answers. Superman sends Doomsday to the Phantom Zone.

Superman and Wonder Woman visit Bruce in the infirmary. Bruce is worried about his and Waller's previous conversation, and the possibility that the Justice League will become like the Justice Lords -- killing the president of the United States and taking over the world. Superman makes a joke and Batman yells at him. Supes and Wonder Woman leave, and we see why Batman's fears aren't so far-fetched... the TV shows a presidential campaign ad featuring Lex Luthor.

Last edited by Breakfast with Girls; 02-20-05 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-20-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
they don't rerun these episodes a few days later? that sucks
Old 02-20-05, 05:29 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was pretty good, although I still don't like how they handle Doomsday. Has he been in the cartoon besides the Justice Lords episode?

Something else I didn't like was the little bit between Bruce and Clark at the end. That could've been a great scene, but the delivery was a little lame. The voicework on the show is good, but when the characters have to do a slightly more emotional scene, you can see the acting needs to be a little better.
Old 02-20-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Where the fuck is the suicide squad?!?!
Old 02-20-05, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Will they ever kill Superman and do the Funeral For A Friend saga? This would be the perfect series and time to do it, maybe they will end the season with Supes death
Old 02-20-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Here's a question I hope someone can answer. How can/when did Wonder Woman learn to fly? What happened to her invisible jet?
Old 02-20-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Iron_Giant, here's a summary. No spoiler tags -- it's already aired.

Batman confronts Amanda Waller, the head of a shadowy research initiative most likely funded by Luthor, in her apartment. They are discussing the Justice Lords, and it turns out that Project Cadmus was created in response to that possibility, that the Justice League would take over the world. They were responsible for the Ultimen, for instance. The government is scared of the Justice League, living above humanity in an orbital space laser "pointed down," but now they have a way of defending themselves, if necessary. Oh yeah, and she implies that she knows their secret identities.

Meanwhile, a volcano is erupting on an island, and Wonder Woman and Flash are evacuating the inhabitants. Superman is trying to stop the volcano's flow. Elsewhere, members of Cadmus (Amanda Waller, Professor Hamilton, General Eiling, and Dr. Milo) meet to discuss their current projects. Dr. Milo's animal-human hybrid research isn't progressing as fast as planned, so Waller fires him. Dr. Milo, furious, goes to where Doomsday is being held and explains his creation (created from Superman's DNA, Clockwork Oranged into hating Superman) and says that the real enemies are Waller and Hamilton, not Superman. He frees Doomsday on the agreement that he will solve both their problems. Doomsday kills Milo ("Your problem is solved") and then goes after Superman.

Superman and Doomsday fight... and fight... and fight in the volcano.

Waller tells Eiling to stop Doomsday, so Eiling launches a Kryptonite-tipped nuclear warhead at the island. The Justice League detects this and Batman leaves to take it out in a jet, since Captain Atom can't fly fast enough to reach it. Superman gets word of this and tells Wonder Woman and Flash to get everyone out of there immediately.

Waller finds out about the missile and orders Eiling to stop it, since it will also kill Superman and the inhabitants of the island. Eiling tells her that there's no way to recall it.

Batman catches up to the missile, but it's shielded, so he has to latch it onto his jet and fly it into the atmosphere. He ejects, the missile explodes, and a tidal wave hits the island. Luckily, everyone has been safely evacuated.

Superman finally beats Doomsday and imprisons him in hardened lava. Later, the Justice League questions him, but they don't get any answers. Superman sends Doomsday to the Phantom Zone.

Superman and Wonder Woman visit Bruce in the infirmary. Bruce is worried about his and Waller's previous conversation, and the possibility that the Justice League will become like the Justice Lords -- killing the president of the United States and taking over the world. Superman makes a joke and Batman yells at him. Supes and Wonder Woman leave, and we see why Batman's fears aren't so far-fetched... the TV shows a presidential campaign ad featuring Lex Luthor.
Awesome.

Lex becomes president and tries to take out the JL. It is great when the follow the comics, the story lines at tried and true.
Old 02-21-05, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
Here's a question I hope someone can answer. How can/when did Wonder Woman learn to fly? What happened to her invisible jet?
Wondy's been flying on her own for the past 20 years. She uses her invisible jet for cross-country/international treks, or when she needs to be somewhere fast.

And before anyone asks, it's only invisible on the OUTSIDE.
Old 02-21-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah this was pretty good and it looked like they were using new animation techniques. I would also recommend Teen Titans and Full Metal Alchemist most of the other shows can be skipped. Back on topic it really looked like batman was going take a bullet for superman, and then to have batman come back at superman like that was just rich. Good times all around.

The only bad thing is doomsday is a lot weaker in the comic than he was in comic book. Maybe they had a reason for that but I don't think so. I hope they do episode with lobo again. Even though he is more kid friendly I kind of like him.
Old 02-22-05, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Agreed that this was a fantastic episode, but 30 minutes just didn't do it justice. This could've easily been an hourlong episode.

The ending was spooky. Almost like Bruce was going to double cross the League. At least that's the impression I got.

I noticed a bit of a difference in some of the animation too. Looked more computer rendered stuff than anything else.
Old 02-22-05, 01:05 AM

Awesome episode!! They have the perfect setup now to do a "Tower Of Babel" storyline modified of course to fit the animated continuity.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, this story ran through the JLA comic a few years ago. Basically Ra's A Ghul found out that Batman had complete files on all members of the JLA including their weaknesses and how to take them down if they ever went rogue. Ra's A Ghul used this information to great effect. Batman found out and saved the JLA's bacon. The JLA big guns took a vote and deceided to kick Batman out of the JLA. Superman then went to inform Batman of their decision and in true Batman fashion, he had already ghosted out of the watch tower.
Of course the JLA let him back in several issues later!!

Take care all!!
Old 02-22-05, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode. I certainly hope this isn't the last we see of Doomsday.
Old 02-22-05, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, while we were watching this ep, at certain points (like the shot of the missile heading for the island) look totally CG. maybe they got more $$ for it now cause its getting more popular.
Old 02-22-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm just happy to see the Flash back in the action. There were far too many episodes without my favorite smart-ass.
Old 02-28-05, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Good episode, although I too feel that it could have been stretched out much longer. I'm kind of torn on using Doomsday in this series. It's been a long time since I've read the Death of Superman stuff, but wasn't DD pretty much unstoppable in those books? Seemed too easy to take out in this one. Liked the animosity between Bats and Supes. They've always kind of been wary around each other in the books. It will be interesting to see how they take this going forward.
Old 02-28-05, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander
Liked the animosity between Bats and Supes. They've always kind of been wary around each other in the books. It will be interesting to see how they take this going forward.

Love triangle or is that too obvious?
Old 02-28-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Great episode. I certainly hope this isn't the last we see of Doomsday.
Aren't the two Kryptonian super-villains from Superman: TAS still in the phantom zone?
Old 02-28-05, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Aren't the two Kryptonian super-villains from Superman: TAS still in the phantom zone?
Yep.
Old 03-01-05, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If that's the case: are they using that information? Or is JLU a seperate show and not a "continuation" of the Batman and Superman animated series?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.