Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Stargate Atlantis 2/18. once again they don't read SG1 mission reports

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-19-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is time travel even possible?
umm yeah. SG1 has time traveled through the gate a minimum of 3 times
so either the writers are fucking incompetent or we're to beleive this great international mission team that got sent to another galaxy is incompetent
I predict next week a character will ask: "Are parallel universes possible?"
Old 02-19-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

These episodes are reminiscent of the early seasons of SG-1. Hopefully in a year or two we'll get some of the better episodes of the series. Of course, it will then be followed by a long, slow decline after all the good stories are used up, a la SG-1.
Old 02-19-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess since I haven't seen any SG-1 episodes (and hence didn't spot the continuity issue) liked the episode. Loved the Back to the Future references and it held my interest for a show that was mostly exposition.

Question, do we know that the Atlantis team read or had access to the SG-1 mission briefings? I don't remember if this was mentioned in the pilot episode or not.
Old 02-19-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't watched much of SG-1 either and I have really liked Atlantis a lot. It is now one of only a couple shows I make a point not to miss.
Old 02-19-05, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Stargate Atlantis ... once again they don't read SG1 mission reports
That information is classified.
Old 02-20-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
all those people (at least the top ranking ones) would have been cleared. Hell, Weir ran the SGC for a while. McKay was at the SGC at one point. I'm sure at least some of the military people were taken from existing SG teams
I'm not saying they should know ever minute detail, but the fact that the gate will transport you through time if it is used during the right solar flare conditions is something the Atlantis team should have been told
Old 02-20-05, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

damn you guys are harsh. Fear not, next week is the beginning of a very good story arc.
Old 02-20-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Solar flare conditions causing time jumps in gate travel? Maybe they purposefully ignored that plot device.
Old 02-20-05, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really liked the episode, and SG-1's this week also. That little plot hole bothered me a little but was still good. I thought the last several weeks had been pretty subpar for both shows but this was good and reminded me of some of the really good SG-1 episodes of the past.