DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Third Watch / Medical Investigation 2/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/410362-third-watch-medical-investigation-2-18-a.html)

bigjim25 02-18-05 09:39 AM

Third Watch / Medical Investigation 2/18

<center>http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Third_Watch/i..._castimage.jpg</center>
IN THE FAMILY WAY 9pm
Spoiler:
In a special crossover episode, Dr. Connor (Neal McDonough) from NBC's drama "Medical Investigation" and Dr. Durant (guest star Kelli Williams) from the elite N.I.H. team, are called into New York after a captured jewelry store thief who is AWOL from the Army displays unusual symptoms of an unknown contagious disease that is spreading fast -- and his accomplice is still on the run. Meanwhile, Cruz (Tia Texada) witnesses a gangbanger in her custody as he is gunned down by a 13-year-old boy and she senses a slick rival (as Marcel, guest star Wyclef Jean) is behind the murder. In addition, Yokas (Molly Price) has doubts about her former partner and a worried Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) gets a pleasant surprise. Coby Bell, Cara Buono, Nia Long, Josh Stewart, Skipp Sudduth and Jason Wiles also star.

<center>http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Medical_Inves...ges/sub_02.jpg</center>
HALF LIFE 10pm
Spoiler:
As the drama that began on "Third Watch" continues, the rest of the team joins Conner (Neal McDonough) and Natalie (Kellie Williams) in New York as they race against the clock to determine what the deadly virus is that has landed paramedic Carlos Nieto (Anthony Ruivivar, NBC's "Third Watch") and the robbery suspect that he was attending to in the ICU. Conner teams up with Detective Faith Yokas (Molly Price, NBC's "Third Watch") to search for the robber's accomplice, whom they hope will lead them to the source of the disease. Meanwhile, Eva (Anna Belknap) tries to console Holly (Yvonne Jung, "Third Watch") as she waits to learn if Carlos is going to live or die. As more infected people arrive at the hospital, the team must race against time to track the source of the mysterious illness before more patients die. Chris Gorham and Troy Winbush also star.

nny 02-18-05 02:57 PM

These crossovers usually really suck. I've never seen Third Watch and I don't need too much of a reason to not watch MI, so I think I'll sit this one out.

Flatlander 02-18-05 03:05 PM

I may give it a watch. Don't really care for Third Watch anymore but I use to love the Law & Order/Homicide crossovers and NBC hasn't really disappointed me with their crossovers (ymmv).

OldDude 02-18-05 03:25 PM

I usually watch Third Watch and have never watched Medical Investigation. But I'll give them a fair chance to suck me in.

Rogue588 02-18-05 03:40 PM

I consistantly wonder why no one starts a thread for Third Watch. Yes, I know I could, but i'm lazy at the beginning of the weekend. Regardless, this is one of my favorite shows and, unfortunately, i'm going to have to watch Medical Investigation to see the conclusion.

In all honesty though, it was only close to three weeks or so ago that I finally gave up on MI.

lisadoris 02-19-05 07:24 AM

Though the relationships in Third Watch took me awhile to get into the episodes weren't half bad. They set up from the beginning that one of them would survive (it's all about that 30% chance) plus you gotta figure they're not going to kill off another show's main character (has that ever happened before?)

Phil L. 02-19-05 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by nny
These crossovers usually really suck. I've never seen Third Watch and I don't need too much of a reason to not watch MI, so I think I'll sit this one out.

Then why did you even bother to open and respond in this thread? :confused:

I've really been into Third Watch this season. The stories and characters have gotten pretty dark which was a cool way for the show to progess I feel.
I never saw MI before but stuck around for the cross-over episode. It was definitely worth watching.

Although I did not think they were going to kill off Carlos, having him get a full, quick recovery with bleeding symptoms, while the others died was kind of a cop out in a way.

Goldberg74 02-19-05 10:07 AM

I liked it.

Wyclef as a bad--- was pretty cool, even though his acting is a little stiff.

I've only seen a handful of TW episodes, but I caught up on my five TiVo'ed episodes of MI this week in anticipation for tonight.

One of the things that I like about MI is the camera work, and that's the only thing that bugged me from the TW ep, was seeing the MI characters in that setting.

For me, crossovers generally work (like the Crossing Jordan/Las Vegas one earlier last year).

Not know the characters in TW, I thought why would they kill one of their characters on another show and not their own, so my money was on the girlfriend that had just come back to town.

But of all the diseases they've had on this show so far, this is one I would definately not want. Looks painful. :eek:

B.A. 02-19-05 11:32 AM

Well that was the first time I had watched Medical Investigation since the first month of its season. I still don't care for that show. Everyone but the stars put double gloves and masks on when you go into the isolation rooms!!!!

I'm happy to see Bosco back on Third Watch - he always makes things more interesting.

I really hope Cruz is dead before summer comes around.

Rogue588 02-19-05 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.

:mad: Watch it, buddy..

MrX 02-19-05 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.

Worst post ever

I wish Sasha would have caught it just so she'd die, I can't stand her.

I haven't watched MI since the 3rd episode and didn't see anyhting that makes me want to tune in next week.

nevermind 02-19-05 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
I haven't watched MI since the 3rd episode and didn't see anyhting that makes me want to tune in next week.

Same here.

Also, my stubborness concerning skipping previews + never watching commercials = didn't know it was a crossover.

Needless to say we got Third Watch on the Tivo but not MI... boy was my wife pissed! It was a 'torrential' several hours, but we got to see it in the end :).

B.A. 02-20-05 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
:mad: Watch it, buddy..

Originally Posted by MrX
Worst post ever

:lol:

I have never been a fan of her character, plus her face just creeps me the hell out.