DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Apprentice 2/17 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/410223-apprentice-2-17-a.html)

jeffkjoe 02-17-05 11:54 AM

The Apprentice 2/17

Let the party begin!

"Airstream of Consciousness", Episode #305.

The candidates clash during a mobile business task that tests their startup skills.
Last candidate fired: Kristen of Street Smarts, after the botched Dove soap commercial task.

Who will be fired this week?

SuperJim88 02-17-05 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Who will be fired this week?

More importantly, what product will be advertised this week?

Apprentice also know as the advertising median and money machine for Trump.

jeffkjoe 02-17-05 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by SuperJim88
More importantly, what product will be advertised this week?

Yeah, no kidding.

Apprentice should be on QVC, not NBC.

jeffkjoe 02-17-05 09:05 PM

Anyone want to reveal the one who got fired in spoiler form?

Dabaomb 02-17-05 09:17 PM

Apprentice results

Spoiler:
Book Smarts loses by about $80. Bren was the PM. He brought Michael & Stephanie into the boardroom. Michael for obvious reasons, Stephanie cuz she's negative and complains a lot. Stephanie didn't attack Bren and said that she respects him but Bren wanted Stephanie fired the most. Michael interrupted Bren while he was attacking Stephanie and that ticked The Donald off. Donald said that Michael was a weak link for a few weeks now and now he butts in when the conversation wasn't even about him so Donald fired Michael

Bill Needle 02-17-05 09:31 PM

I actually saw the black guy this week! I feel like I should get a prize.

Of course, what I saw was him getting shamed into wearing a tiara.

Fok 02-18-05 12:02 AM

Trumps comments in the board room were pretty funny tonight....glad that person got fired.

LiquidSky 02-18-05 07:06 AM

Yeah, I'm glad that person got the axe. I still do not like Bren. He needs to wash his hair and those bowties are stupid.

Stephanie needs an attitude change. Fast.

j123vt_99 02-18-05 07:09 AM

i wasn't paying 100% to the show, but it seemed uneventful... a mini fight and that was it... kinda lame

Groucho 02-18-05 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I actually saw the black guy this week! I feel like I should get a prize.

They even interviewed him briefly...wow! Apparently, he has a name (Craig) and owns a shoeshine business.

movieking 02-18-05 08:18 AM

There were some pretty bad voiceovers from The Donald in the Boardroom again. At least try to match the tone of his voice, people! It's like night and day.

Achtung 02-18-05 09:24 AM

Do they have to lead off every single task with someone from the Street Smarts team mentioning that the College Team thinks they're soooo smart because they went to college but they lack creativity and so the Street Smarts team is really gonna show them? I mean, we get the point, please move on and spare us your inferiority complex. -ohbfrank-

Fairly boring, uneventful episode. I swear, Trump's ego gets more inflated every week. Still fun to watch more as a train wreck.

nickdawgy 02-18-05 09:53 AM

Great episode, glad Michael is gone, but I'll miss his stupidity every week. Next week looked interesting. What's witht he whole rap theme though? I thought Erin looked pretty hot :drool:

Achtung 02-18-05 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I thought Erin looked pretty hot :drool:

I would negotiate a merger with Erin.[/cheese]

Gil Jawetz 02-18-05 10:50 AM

"Not now Michael! Mommy's busy!"

rotfl

Erin has overcome some pretty stupid comments early on to be one of my faves. I can't say how smart some of them are, but my top 4 are John, Erin, Angie, and trash-mouth Audrey.

(Craig's fro comes in close behind.)

I was also hoping that Chris would clarify whether or not he's a ho-mo-seckshual for us. I'm not entirely clear on that issue. Maybe next week.

Gil Jawetz 02-18-05 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
They even interviewed him briefly...wow! Apparently, he has a name (Craig) and owns a shoeshine business.

From the official site:

He is currently an EMT and firefighter working 24-hours a day, every 3 days. During his time off, Craig became a standing partner in the "Pinnacle Entertainment Group," a music conglomerate. Craig also created and developed a modest shoeshine franchise entitled, "Peaceful Feet Shoe Shine Inc."

movieking 02-18-05 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
Erin has overcome some pretty stupid comments early on to be one of my faves.

What comments? I can't really remember much that she said. She really stuck out to me on this episode though, and as such, based on what I know about her now, I would like to marry her.

But that's just me.

nazz 02-18-05 11:07 AM

In spite of the amazingly obvious Trump voice over in the board room I thought it was very entertaining. I loved the way Donald drilled Michael for stupidly drawing the heat off of Stephanie and onto himself. That was great stuff.

Gil Jawetz 02-18-05 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
What comments? I can't really remember much that she said. She really stuck out to me on this episode though, and as such, based on what I know about her now, I would like to marry her.

But that's just me.

rotfl

Early on she seemed like your typical moron who thinks they're smart. She went on about she's an "intellectual" (which, by the very nature of her saying it out loud, means she's not) and stuff like that. But all is forgiven. She's been funny for the last couple episodes and the quote I mentioned above was genius.

Ravenous 02-18-05 01:23 PM

Eh, I wasnt impressed. Im not to crazy about that Erin chick. Those lazy eyes look like she got kicked in the head by a horse and its freaking me out :) And damn, that Steph has a pointy ass chin/face.

And your right about Craig, I thought he was a mute at first cause I dont think I ever saw him talk or anything. Also, why does it seem like Bren is always the damn manager?

Jadzia 02-18-05 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Great episode, glad Michael is gone, but I'll miss his stupidity every week.

He actually said they wanted him to be the "escape goat". :lol:

Loved his parting words to the Donald. I can just see Trump saying "Um, yeah, if I ever need to park in Boston, I'll look you up."

nickdawgy 02-19-05 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Eh, I wasnt impressed. Im not to crazy about that Erin chick. Those lazy eyes look like she got kicked in the head by a horse and its freaking me out :) And damn, that Steph has a pointy ass chin/face.

And your right about Craig, I thought he was a mute at first cause I dont think I ever saw him talk or anything. Also, why does it seem like Bren is always the damn manager?

Those eyes are what I like best about her :D

nickdawgy 02-19-05 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
He actually said they wanted him to be the "escape goat". :lol:

Loved his parting words to the Donald. I can just see Trump saying "Um, yeah, if I ever need to park in Boston, I'll look you up."

That reminded me of when the one guy got fired (last season I think) and he hit on Trump's secretary on the way out :lol:

nickdawgy 02-19-05 08:06 AM

Erin has a web site.... :lol:

www.erinelmore.com

Gil Jawetz 02-19-05 08:48 AM

Oh dear.

You should also check out http://www.popstick.com/ for some sage moron marketing mumbojumbo advice from Danny.