The Apprentice 2/17

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-05, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Erin has a web site....

www.erinelmore.com

I could see her on The View or something. She's cute but def not runway model material. She'll prob become a correspondent on E! or something.
Old 02-19-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
I won't miss Michael; what a friggin' idiot. He reminded me of John Belushi, if Belushi wasn't funny at all -- I guess maybe he reminded me of James Belushi.

If I were The Donald, I'd be reviewing my least valuable, most remote and insignificant businesses right about now to see where one of these idiots would do the least damage. I'd also have a lawyer go over the contract to see if there was some way I could just pay off the "winner" and send them on their way.
Old 02-19-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I haven't really been paying attention to the apprentice threads since I've only seen 2 complete episodes but I think that they picked crap contestants for the "Book Smarts" team.

Let's go over the list of schools from nbc.com
Alex: Jerusalem University, Seattle Pacific University
Bren: University of Memphis
Danny: Clevend State University, Boston University, & MIT (for Music)
Erin: Univeristy of Miami, Villanova University
Kendra: University of Florida
Michael: Boston College
Stephanie: Arizona State University
Todd: University of Florida
Verna: Jackson State University

I don't see any top 25 schools there other than MIT and that was for music (not to downplay music but you could be a total dumbass but have tremendoes musical talent and still get into Juliard, MIT or Carnegie Mellon for music).

I mean it's pretty easy to get into college esp if you come from some money. It doesn't matter if you're a total dumbass or graduated with a sub-2.0 GPA. You could've been at college partying for 4 or 5 or more years and still get a degree.

It's one thing to graduate from college, it's another thing to graduate from a top college with honors like some of the contestants from the previous 2 seasons did.

So it seems like they took very very average college grads and the best that they could find for the street smarts ppl.