Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jack and Bobby 2/16/04

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-05, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jack and Bobby 2/16/04

Good stuff with the "Truth or Dare" segment for the 3 couples stuck at the diner.

Tom helps with Bobby and Warren fit in with other boys in their class during the snow-in.

Grace's secret romance is uncovered by another colleague, and Grace keeps thinking that she'll be on the hot seat soon when she's called into Peter's office, but luckily for her is that Peter is worried about finding out that Courtney got the morning-after pill from the school's medical clinic. Peter's advances got shut down by Grace.

As to the future history segment, it would appear that Bobby did carry on with his vice president (the Tess Harper character), and Courtney was all set to leave, but Grace convinced her to heed her calling and stay in the White House for the country's sake. That was their last conversation before Grace's passing.

Last edited by Patman; 02-17-05 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-17-05, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
As to the future history segment, it would appear that Bobby did carry on with his vice president (the Tess Harper character)
That's what I missed! I stepped out of the room for a minute and when I came back she was talking about leaving el Presidente and I was thinking, "wtf?".

Thanks.

Pretty good ep. Tom letting the boys drink NA beer was kind of amusing as was the torture of Missy.
Old 02-17-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

First Lady Courtney's dialogue was very confusing, though. I wasn't 100% sure that Bobby and the VP were carrying on, but FLC kept talking about gaining the courage of being shut in by the weather to confront Bobby, and then the story goes into her packing her bags, and then she gets the pep talk by Grace. Maybe I'll rewatch the future scenes again later after work.
Old 02-19-05, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode, but I think that it was more because of the smaller storyline of Grace than anything else.
Old 03-03-05, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show just gets no respect.

So we find out that J&B's daddy was a convict. We have no idea what he did though. At first, I thought he managed to stay in the country by marrying someone else.

Good to see Courtney finally finding out about her boyfriend, thanks to Jack.

I like Jack and the new chick together.
Old 03-03-05, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why don't you think the show gets no respect?

I also think the new love interest for Jack is more interesting, especially more interesting than Missy.
Old 03-07-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
This show is great. I just watched my tape from last week's episode. I wonder if Jack and Bobby will get to see their dad in prison if he is still alive. This is one of my can't miss shows. I hope that they give it at least one more season, but it is doing pretty bad in the ratings. I hope that they give the show a dvd release this summer. It will be a long wait until the 20th of April for new episodes.

The show has some of the best writing on tv. My only complaint is that they gave too much away during the pilot episode and now we know eventually what will happen. Jack and Courtney hook up. Jack dies in a car accident. Bobby marries Courtney and runs for public office. It would have been better if they had kept it a secret and strung us along like many other shows.

Does anyone have the pilot episode dvd that was in EW? I would like to buy or trade for it.
Old 03-07-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do we know that Jack was killed in a car accident? I don't recall that from any episodes.
Old 03-07-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

We only know that Jack dies early, like in his 20's.
Old 03-07-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that Jack is killed by a drunk driver maybe in was in EW when the show first premiered. I could be wrong though.