Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Alias -- "Detente" -- 02.16.2004

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-16-05, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Detente

Spoiler:
While Sydney and Nadia argue about Nadia's acceptance of Sloane's fatherly concerns, Sloane worries about Nadia's well-being when she and Sydney go undercover as wealthy, irresponsible young heiresses to uncover the whereabouts of a deadly chemical.
Old 02-16-05, 09:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heads-up, my DVR lists tonight's episode starting at 8:05.
Old 02-16-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Alias "Detente" 2/16/05

little reminder, the episode starts at 9:03 tonight

"Detente"
Spoiler:
Sydney and Nadia argue about Sloane, who worries about Nadia as she and Sydney go under cover as wealthy, irresponsible young heiresses to reveal a hidden deadly chemical.

and also if your interested (spoilers for next week according to tv guide)
Spoiler:
Gina Torres aka Anna Espenosa from season 1 will make a guest spot next week, and Sark will also return
Old 02-16-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After the last few episode, I hate to say it, but I am not looking forward to a new episode.
Old 02-16-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Agreed.
Old 02-16-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i thought the "Suburbanite terrorist" episode had the potential to be pretty cool, if it had at least been a two-parter. it wrapped up in like 2 minutes.

the nocturne episode wasn't that great...
Old 02-16-05, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Lets hope it doesn't blow goat balls like every episode so far this season.
Old 02-16-05, 04:55 PM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Question for everyone: I missed last week, friend taped it, but I just got the tape from her and won't be able to watch it before tonight's ep. Am I going to go nuts if I try to watch tonight's episode live without watching last week's show first? In other words, did last week's episode tell me anything new enough that I need to know it before I watch this week's?

Given how stand-alone the episodes have been lately, I'm guessing watching this week's before I've seen last week's won't mess me up too much, but I wanted to ask.
Old 02-16-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shouldnt be too hard to top last week. I dont have high hopes for this episode, but judging from the OP's spoiler, at least the preview for next week should be good.
Old 02-16-05, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by shoppingbear
Question for everyone: I missed last week, friend taped it, but I just got the tape from her and won't be able to watch it before tonight's ep. Am I going to go nuts if I try to watch tonight's episode live without watching last week's show first? In other words, did last week's episode tell me anything new enough that I need to know it before I watch this week's?

Given how stand-alone the episodes have been lately, I'm guessing watching this week's before I've seen last week's won't mess me up too much, but I wanted to ask.

You should be fine, IMO. Maybe you could check out the recap. Also, they will probably explain the key parts before the show starts. (You really didnt miss much at all.)
Old 02-16-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
little reminder, the episode starts at 9:03 tonight

"Detente"
and also if your interested (spoilers for next week according to tv guide)
Spoiler:
Gina Torres aka Anna Espenosa from season 1 will make a guest spot next week, and Sark will also return

so looking forward to next week!
Old 02-16-05, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Question for everyone: I missed last week, friend taped it, but I just got the tape from her and won't be able to watch it before tonight's ep. Am I going to go nuts if I try to watch tonight's episode live without watching last week's show first?
You will probably go nuts IF you do watch it before tonight. It's that bad.
Old 02-16-05, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Save yourself the time, just watch the last five minutes of the episode. That was the only good part and probably the only segment that might have future ramifications.
Old 02-16-05, 10:03 PM
Banned

All wrapped up in 60 min...Perfect! I was getting nervous when it looked like they might open the possibly of these characters storylines carrying over to future episodes, but then came that unexpected gun fight to clean things up nicely!!! Who needs cliffhangers when you can have such incredible character development each week! By the way, I think that Sidney may be starting to distrust Sloane. I might be crazy, but I hope someone else picked up on it, too.
Old 02-16-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Oh HOW FUCKING DULL!!!!!!!

BTW...did it seem like Abrams read last weeks thread (where everyone liked the final Sloan/Dixon interchange) and decided to repeat the whole thing with Syd?
Old 02-16-05, 10:11 PM

i actually liked this episode alot but what kept it from being great was the lack of new character development as well as no cliffhanger. i don't get it, if they can do it on Lost why can't they do it on Alias again like they used to?
Old 02-16-05, 10:20 PM

I'm glad to see Sidney and Dixon finally show some disgust working for Sloan; Dixon, particulary seemed to forget that Sloan had his wife killed. But, would someone please tell Sid that Sloan didn't have Francie killed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was all Sark, right?
Old 02-16-05, 10:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Agent Bristow, Will you marry me?"

I liked the scene in the hotel room when Weiss and Vaughn were talking about them dating sisters. Other then that nothing interesting really happened.
Old 02-16-05, 11:11 PM

Dupe thread http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410019
Old 02-16-05, 11:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fair episode tonight. Some good comic relief from Marshall and I too liked the Weiss and Vaughn scene talking about the sisters.
Old 02-16-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Although the stand alone shows are starting to get a little tiresome, I will take them over the silly cliffhanger storylines from last year. I just think its going real slow, and I think they must just be waiting for sweeps to begin to open the story up. Next week though may provide a glimpse though.
Old 02-16-05, 11:27 PM

Waiting for sweeps to begin? Sweeps is half over!
Old 02-16-05, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by rmorgan
I'm glad to see Sidney and Dixon finally show some disgust working for Sloan; Dixon, particulary seemed to forget that Sloan had his wife killed. But, would someone please tell Sid that Sloan didn't have Francie killed? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was all Sark, right?
Sloan didn't pull the trigger but he did ordered Sydney's fiance to be killed in the pilot episode. Sydney has never forgiven Sloan for that.
Old 02-17-05, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by mookiemeister
Sloan didn't pull the trigger but he did ordered Sydney's fiance to be killed in the pilot episode. Sydney has never forgiven Sloan for that.

I know that, but at least once, I think twice tonight she blamed him for Danny and Francie. I'm pretty sure Sloan had nothing to do with Francie's death.
Old 02-17-05, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

tv guide mentions that they like how there is no apparent continuity and that its all about the entertainment of the show, which makes it good. (and aren't most of the previous season's Alias episodes "adventure of the week" format just with a basic covenant/rambaldi/double agent thread going through.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.