DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs - 02/15/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/409904-scrubs-02-15-05-a.html)

B.A. 02-15-05 12:59 PM

Scrubs - 02/15/05

"My Life in Four Cameras"

Spoiler:
A patient who is a sitcom writer sparks J.D.'s imagination, and he wonders what peoples' lives would be like if left in the hands of writers.

Cast: Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes, Ken Jenkins, Neil Flynn.
Producer(s): Bill Lawrence.

Original Airdate: February 15, 2005.

movieking 02-15-05 01:00 PM

Spoiler:
Should be interesting to see Scrubs as a regular sitcom.

Fielding Mellish 02-15-05 01:01 PM

This one could be scary.

invisiblegt 02-15-05 08:14 PM

And so it begins.

j123vt_99 02-15-05 08:18 PM

sitcom elliot :drool:

DGibFen 02-15-05 08:19 PM

Is that Clay Akin?

Nevermind.... it is.

I'm glad they are nailing all of the cliches of the traditional sitcom. It's perfect.

Third Baseman 02-15-05 08:24 PM

rotfl

j123vt_99 02-15-05 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Is that Clay Akin?

ugh

invisiblegt 02-15-05 08:28 PM

I don't think I've ever appreciated the wonderous joy that is "Scrubs" more than I do now...

Michael Corvin 02-15-05 08:29 PM

Worst. Scrubs. Ever.

Cheers is one of my all time favorite sitcoms, too bad they ruined what could have been a decent plotline with a gimmick like this one. When I buy a dvd set I watch every episode. Good and bad. This one will go down as the first one I skip.

DJLinus 02-15-05 08:40 PM

Kind of makes you appreciate that they don't normally use a laugh track.

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Is that Clay Akin?

Is it just me or was anyone else reminded of a young Martin Short?

RoQuEr 02-15-05 08:51 PM

WOW. How did I ever enjoy those horrible old sitcoms?

kantonburg 02-15-05 08:54 PM

Great concept of an episode. I enjoyed it. Had a few good laughs but am SOOOOO glad they don't have a laugh track.

Please NBC if you're reading. DO NOT INCLUDE A LAUGHTRACK FOR THIS SHOW!!

Thank you

zekeburger1979 02-15-05 10:44 PM

sitcom elliot :drool:
I agree. Anytime she was onscreen, all I could at was those wonderful bazookas of hers. :)

Kylie was looking damn good as well.

"Just about every flu there is, you can only get by fornicating with the animal it's named after."

"I wonder if I have dog flu?" That line and Elliot's reaction made me laugh my ass off, as well as several other things in this episode. Unlike Michael Corvin, this episode will not be skipped on the DVD.

tavarua88 02-15-05 11:29 PM

darn. i entered a contest to see if i could get free ticket to a scrub taping. guess it was for this show.

B.A. 02-15-05 11:35 PM

What the frick was Clay Aiken doing on Scrubs? Seriously - that was disturbing.

Other than that, I liked the ep. The intro was fan-freakin'-tastic!

MrX 02-15-05 11:45 PM

Turk's song to the Sanford and Son theme:lol:

Carla and Elliot both looked hot in the sitcom part

Bronkster 02-16-05 12:45 AM

Excellent!

bothanspy 02-16-05 03:16 AM

Surreal. Bizarre.

I did find it odd that they killed off a real-life person.
Oh, and :thumbsup: to Sanford and Son.

Quiet Down now

FinkPish 02-16-05 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.
What the frick was Clay Aiken doing on Scrubs? Seriously - that was disturbing.

I think that was part of the "shitty sitcom" premise, that that kind of show would have a guest star show up just to pimp himself at the end of the show(ala Will & Grace).

I liked the idea behind this one because it really showed how awful some of the "live" audience sitcoms can be, what with the studio laughter to force the joke home.

Oh, and a big :thumbsup: to Elliot's :eyebrow:, :hump:!

sven 02-16-05 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Worst. Scrubs. Ever.

Cheers is one of my all time favorite sitcoms, too bad they ruined what could have been a decent plotline with a gimmick like this one. When I buy a dvd set I watch every episode. Good and bad. This one will go down as the first one I skip.

To each his own I guess. I thought this one is easily one of the best from this season.

AND yes sitcom Elliot was smokin.

bothanspy 02-16-05 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I think that was part of the "shitty sitcom" premise, that that kind of show would have a guest star show up just to pimp himself at the end of the show(ala Will & Grace).

I wonder if the joke is lost on Clay Aiken.

movieking 02-16-05 05:31 AM

Elliot was smokin' hot, but Carla was not. She just didn't look good to me at all. She is not a short skirt kinda girl.

Jordan looked hot too in her little skirt. I love her :drool:

Hated seeing Clay Aiken on the show.

Overall, I really didn't like the episode as much as I normally do.

B.A. 02-16-05 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by FinkPish

For a minute or two I was thinking, "This show show just jumped the shark - Frick."

sitcom Elliot :up:
sitcom Carla :down:

maxpower 02-16-05 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.

sitcom Elliot :up:
sitcom Carla :down:

agree and add
sitcom Elliot :up: :up: :banana:
sitcom Jordan :down:
Those lights do not do her well....I would say it's makeup ...but Elliot was so smoking I can't see the makeup artist screwing up that bad.