Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Golden Girls censored on Lifetime!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Golden Girls censored on Lifetime!

Old 02-14-05, 11:53 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Gil Jawetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: I was here but I disappear
Posts: 8,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden Girls censored on Lifetime!

I just love that I noticed this. I was watching a little Golden Girls yesterday with my coffee and Blanche made some reference to t shirts that say "I Lost my Ass in Vegas" and the "ass" was muted out. I just love that Golden Girls needs censoring! Anyway, I cracked up at that.
Old 02-14-05, 11:56 AM
  #2  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,875
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While your thread topic is fodder for good discussion in and of itself, I hearby declare it to be HIJACKED so we can make fun of you for:

1. Watching Lifetime
2. Watching "The Golden Girls"
Old 02-14-05, 11:59 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: South of Titletown
Posts: 18,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
While your thread topic is fodder for good discussion in and of itself, I hearby declare it to be HIJACKED so we can make fun of you for:

1. Watching Lifetime
2. Watching "The Golden Girls"
Old 02-14-05, 12:00 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 14,020
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It used to air in syndication on CBC around supper time. I never understood how they could air the show with words like slut, whore, etc in it at the supper hour.
Old 02-14-05, 12:00 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lady Godiva was a freedom rider
She didnt' care if the whole world looked.
Joan of Arc with the Lord to guide her
She was a sister who really cooked.

Isadora was the first bra burner
And you're glad she showed up. (Oh yeah)
And when the country was falling apart
Betsy Ross got it all sewed up.

And then there's Gil.
And then there's Gil.
And then there's Gil.
And then there's Gil.
And then there's Gil.
And then there's Gil.
And then there's

That old compromisin', enterprisin', anything but tranquilizing,
Right on Gil.
Old 02-14-05, 12:05 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 4,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was in Germany last I had to share a room with my thesis partner. She just had to watch Golden Girls...dubbed into German of course.

The oldest golden girl's voice sounded like an insanely bad cartoon villains. I couldn't stop laughing.
Old 02-14-05, 12:28 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Gil Jawetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: I was here but I disappear
Posts: 8,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laugh all you want, but Golden Girls is da bomb. I love that show! Always have, always will!
Old 02-14-05, 12:35 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: South of Titletown
Posts: 18,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mental note: don't read any more of Gil's reviews.




Old 02-14-05, 12:38 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Gil Jawetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: I was here but I disappear
Posts: 8,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
Mental note: don't read any more of Gil's reviews.







It just makes my reviewer persona that much richer!

(and I refer you to this old thread: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330489 )
Old 02-14-05, 12:55 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,990
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What was your review of the Golden Girls season one?
I had a friend (guy) who was into watching the Golden Girl back when he was a senior in high school. A later on bought a Celebrity Sleuth off ebay because it was supposed to have dirty pictures of Betty White. They werent dirty, just dumb and of her when she was younger.
Old 02-14-05, 12:59 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mopower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The Janitor's closet in Kinnick Stadium
Posts: 15,726
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lifetime. Televison for idiots.
Old 02-14-05, 01:04 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,199
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
I just love that I noticed this. I was watching a little Golden Girls yesterday with my coffee and Blanche made some reference to t shirts that say "I Lost my Ass in Vegas" and the "ass" was muted out. I just love that Golden Girls needs censoring! Anyway, I cracked up at that.
I hope you didn't spill your coffee on your new dress.
Old 02-14-05, 01:13 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 25,062
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
While your thread topic is fodder for good discussion in and of itself, I hearby declare it to be HIJACKED so we can make fun of you for:

1. Watching Lifetime
2. Watching "The Golden Girls"
The Golden Girls is one of the great sitcom classics. Give it another try sometime.

Fun fact: All gay men, no matter their personality, temperment, or interests, love The Golden Girls. It's the one thing that ties us together as a people.
Old 02-14-05, 01:15 PM
  #14  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,875
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Fun fact: All gay men, no matter their personality, temperment, or interests, love The Golden Girls. It's the one thing that ties us together as a people.
Not to mention coffee and donuts.
Old 02-14-05, 01:17 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 25,062
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Not to mention coffee and donuts.


You disappoint me, Groucho. I was hoping for a good anal sex joke.
Old 02-14-05, 01:24 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Gil Jawetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: I was here but I disappear
Posts: 8,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveNinja
What was your review of the Golden Girls season one?
I had a friend (guy) who was into watching the Golden Girl back when he was a senior in high school. A later on bought a Celebrity Sleuth off ebay because it was supposed to have dirty pictures of Betty White. They werent dirty, just dumb and of her when she was younger.
Sadly, I didn't get the season 1 dvd to review and I didn't buy it. Much as I love GG I would never watch it on DVD.

Originally Posted by Mopower
Lifetime. Televison for idiots.
Haw haw. That's teh funney.

Lifetime is defintely a riot. How can anyone not want to see Tori Spelling in "Mother May I Sleep With Danger?"

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I hope you didn't spill your coffee on your new dress.
Don't worry. I'll wipe it up with your G string.

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
The Golden Girls is one of the great sitcom classics. Give it another try sometime.

Fun fact: All gay men, no matter their personality, temperment, or interests, love The Golden Girls. It's the one thing that ties us together as a people.
Everything you say is correct (except that for some reason I'm not gay)

Golden Girls is definitely classic sitcom material. Plus they got away with having some of th erudest, raunchiest material in primetime TV because the characters were old ladies. It's great stuff.
Old 02-14-05, 02:01 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,609
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
i watch Golden Girls and The Nanny on Lifetime.

Of course, I watch The Nanny because Fran Drescher gives me The Hot. I watch Golden Girls for the laughs.
Old 02-14-05, 02:05 PM
  #18  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,875
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TracerBullet


You disappoint me, Groucho. I was hoping for a good anal sex joke.
That was an anal sex joke. "Coffee and donuts." Think about it.
Old 02-14-05, 02:39 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
i watch Golden Girls and The Nanny on Lifetime.
I have as well, but we are trying to make fun of people, here. Stick with the program

Estelle Getty was amazing in that show.
Old 02-14-05, 03:09 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 25,062
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
That was an anal sex joke. "Coffee and donuts." Think about it.
I said a good anal sex joke.
Old 02-14-05, 10:43 PM
  #21  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Golden Girls is just a fun show. Are people afraid to watch it cuz it has older ladies in it and actually worry that other people care what you watch?
Old 02-14-05, 10:52 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 75,009
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Gil, didn't you review the Golden Girls recent dvd release?
Old 02-15-05, 10:20 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,609
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
I have as well, but we are trying to make fun of people, here. Stick with the program

Estelle Getty was amazing in that show.

My bad.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.