Reload this Page >

My Super Sweet 16 on MTV

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My Super Sweet 16 on MTV

Old 02-13-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Super Sweet 16 on MTV

Has anyone watched this show? It shows spoiled bitches and brats getting whatever they want to have the perfect sweet 16. It is so over the top, it's ridiculous
Old 02-13-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The show is annoying, but it is funny seeing these spoiled little brats crying like babies.
Old 02-13-05, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am watching it right now and that chick is a major bitch.

Talking about her dad "I swear if he doesn't get me a car on Oct 25th, I am never talking to him again!"

"DAADDAAAD mom cancelled my credit card!"

Instead of getting a car, she should get her nosed fixed, actually.
Old 02-13-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Trout
The show is annoying, but it is funny seeing these spoiled little brats crying like babies.

you're right.. this chick is crying because she didn't get a car for her birthday
Old 02-13-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hmm.. just saw a commerical for the next one. And Natalie looks pretty hot.

Probably gonna have to watch that one...
Old 02-13-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by conscience
I am watching it right now and that chick is a major bitch.

Talking about her dad "I swear if he doesn't get me a car on Oct 25th, I am never talking to him again!"

"DAADDAAAD mom cancelled my credit card!"

Instead of getting a car, she should get her nosed fixed, actually.
i'm watching the same episode... is it wrong that i want these stupid girls (and guys) to go nowhere in life ?
Old 02-13-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

*****, she got the car
Old 02-13-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
i'm watching the same episode... is it wrong that i want these stupid girls (and guys) to go nowhere in life ?

I totally wanted her to fall on her face while coming into the party on that bed.

Even some of her friends said it was too much.
Old 02-13-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's my theory, and i have to hand it to MTV if this is what really is happening. My theory is that this started out as a "reality" show, but after they taped a few of these types of girls/guys, they decided it would be hilarious to show how pathetic these spoiled brats are. I find the show very funny and my wife and i love to watch and rip on these idiots.

Then again, maybe i'm giving MTV too much credit and they actually think this is "cool".
Old 02-13-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joeboo835

Then again, maybe i'm giving MTV too much credit and they actually think this is "cool".

Have you watched anything else on MTV? Believe me. They think it's "cool".
Old 02-13-05, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't believe that one girl's dad spent 200k on her daughter's sweet sixteen. That just blows my mind. And she didn't even seem to appreciate it.
Old 02-13-05, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My wife watches this and these are the times I seriously ponder cancelling cable for good...
Old 02-13-05, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched the one where it was two girls throwing a party at a hardrock cafe.. It's sort of strange to see how just stereo type clueless everyone who get involved in throwing a worthless $$$$$$$ party a kid really are. Right down to the shock when everything goes to hell being they are kids..

Now if you are grown and want to spend tons of cash for a party that great but it seems pretty worthless to blow it on turning 16. There has to be some sort of biz hook there for the parent.. Like they throw the party and it gets them press or something. Other wise I have a hard time thinking anyone would jump that many hoops and spend what some of them spend on a kids party.

All these sort of shows remind me of an ep of Married with Children when Al go looking for a car and wants this mustang but can't swing the cost.. Then some kid walks in with his dad:

kid: "but I don't WANT that mustang!!"
dad: "Oh you WILL take the mustang and like it"
kid: "I HATE YOU!!" [as the kid is sitting beind the wheel of the car]
Old 02-13-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I caught some of this by accident, at first. It was a true horror show of bratty, ungrateful punks and crappy parenting. The best part of the whole thing was knowing that these obnoxious little monsters and clueless dolt parents deserved each other.
Old 02-13-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
I can't believe that one girl's dad spent 200k on her daughter's sweet sixteen. That just blows my mind. And she didn't even seem to appreciate it.
What pissed me off was she wanted a Rover, but not a "used" one.

First she didn't get it on Oct 25 or whatever and she and her parents were at a damn restaurant and she just started BAWLING out loud about not getting her car on that day! And she also gets pissed at her mom for all the dress shops in Paris (PARIS!) being closed for August.

Then she walks out of her glorious hotel and finds her new White Rover.

And her dad said something to the effect you have to start respecting your mother and me...and she got all pouty and said "oookayyy."

Cheese. Super cheese.
Old 02-13-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I caught some of this by accident, at first. It was a true horror show of bratty, ungrateful punks and crappy parenting. The best part of the whole thing was knowing that these obnoxious little monsters and clueless dolt parents deserved each other.
By accident...sure...
Old 02-13-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by conscience
What pissed me off was she wanted a Rover, but not a "used" one.
ok true story time here.. I went to the local Jr College with a snotty rich girl sort who of course had gone to a private school for highschool. For a while she did nothing but BITCH about the new car her dad bought her having a "tacky fake wood grain dash and not real wood" and that it was green and she did not want a green car, even if it was new..

Don't get me wrong, I really have no issue with a parent buying a kid a car, but I DO when the kid then bitches about it, alot..

Anyways... then she felt and bitched that ARC JC was too "low class" of a school being no one dressed up to go (errrr if your wonder why anyone put up with her, clearly by now you much have guessed she was smoking hot)... So being she did not want to go to school "around a bunch of people in sweat pants or shorts" she left that local JC and transfered over to another local one.

cut forward 9+ years.. I run into her as she is working at gottschalks http://www.gottschalks.com/ BLAHAHAHAAH!!! For those that don't know the store, it is like maybe one rung up from Target/Kmart but below say Sears I would guess.. No big deal..

Job is a job but just the idea the girl who did not want the fake wood dash or school with people in shorts etc working around nothing but cheap dayglow clothing is karma pay back to the power of 10..

Last edited by DeadLamb; 02-13-05 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-13-05, 11:25 PM

I was just flipping channels today when I saw a little brat crying because she couldn't get a 10,000 dollar dress for prom. This is the exact reason why I can't stand people like Paris Hilton.
Old 02-13-05, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
The gf was watching today...

...what kind of straight GUY has a sweet 16?!?!?

BTW...not to get political, but the whole "How come the MTV crowd didnt come out and vote for Kerry" crap is SOOOOO clueless..

...My Super Sweet 16
Ashlee Simpson Show

DUDE! MTV viewers are 14!!!

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 02-13-05 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-13-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Not even the point...

...EVEN if these girls have FANTASTIC lives there going to be MISERABLE
Old 02-13-05, 11:48 PM

...EVEN if these girls have FANTASTIC lives there going to be MISERABLE
Very true. Don't every marry a rich and spoiled girl. There's no way you could ever please them. Let's just say I know someone who did and it's not pretty right now.
Old 02-14-05, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hate rich people
Old 02-14-05, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
I was just flipping channels today when I saw a little brat crying because she couldn't get a 10,000 dollar dress for prom. This is the exact reason why I can't stand people like Paris Hilton.

and it wasn;t that she couldn't get it because of the price, but because her mom thought it was too slutty (which it was).. the best (or worst) line of that show was the very end where the girl says something like "it's wonderful that my parents throw me such a expensive party because it shows they love me"
Old 02-14-05, 08:47 AM

I saw this (my TiVo wishlist for "High School Girls" picked it up).

When my daughter is 16, she'll be lucky if I sober up for the occasion.
Old 02-14-05, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I plan on raising my children in such a way that it is ingrained in thier psyche that they do NOT WANT expensive stuff like this...

...then I'm gonna write a book about how YOU can do it too!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.