DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives -- "Love Is In the Air" 02.13.2005 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/409557-desperate-housewives-love-air-02-13-2005-a.html)

Rogue588 02-13-05 11:15 AM

Desperate Housewives -- "Love Is In the Air" 02.13.2005

Love Is In the Air

Spoiler:
It's Valentine's Day on Wisteria Lane, and love is all around (sort of), as Susan looks forward to a romantic date with Mike Delfino, until she learns a surprising fact about her favorite plumber. Meanwhile, Bree discovers something new about hubby Rex; Lynette's cranky old neighbor (Kathryn Joosten, "The West Wing") accuses the Scavo twins of thievery; and Gabrielle's work adventures continue as she gets a gig as a mattress model for the "Siesta King" (guest star Jon Polito).

Jobronie 02-13-05 11:37 AM

Dasm it, this is opposite L&O:CI with the Return of Mike Logan.

What to Tivo, what to Tivo.....?

movieking 02-13-05 11:51 AM

Can't wait for this episode. I love Lynette.

Geofferson 02-13-05 12:46 PM

Can't wait!

NORML54601 02-13-05 01:36 PM

The previews for this episode look pretty and
Spoiler:
Kathryn Joosten
guest starring only makes it sound better.

Dr. DVD 02-13-05 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601
The previews for this episode look pretty and
Spoiler:
Kathryn Joosten
guest starring only makes it sound better.

While not a major guest star, I look forward to Jon Politio: "Always put one in the brain!!!"

I wonder why they are celebrating Valentine's Day yet they never did anything with Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas? (The decorations by Zach don't count, as they were out of season.) Any of those three holidays on Wisteria Lane would be a rich source for stories.

Jray 02-13-05 04:26 PM

Glad I just caught this thread... I was thinking tonight's ep was a rerun based on the very short description on my on-screen cable guide. Can't wait to see it.

Dr. DVD 02-13-05 08:12 PM

Dude! Lynette laying out the potential tools of punishment before her kids had me squirming with fear! The fear of spanking never goes away.

Dr. DVD 02-13-05 08:18 PM

How come I don't have a mattress sales place that employs tactics like that in my town?

Dr. DVD 02-13-05 09:03 PM

Funny ep. , though I didn't really care for the lubby dubby stuff at the end. However, it does illustrate the fact that Lynette is the heart of the show.

About next week:
Spoiler:
Will Gabrielle's horniness get the best of her again? This guy actually looks like he's 17!

Ranger 02-13-05 09:07 PM

I agree that it was a funny episode.
I didn't expect Mike's cover to blow like that.

Darq 02-13-05 09:44 PM

When did Bree and her husband get back together? In the last episode, her husband was talking to the pharmacist and that guy ended up replacing the medicine with something else..

Michael Ballack 02-13-05 10:28 PM

I liked the little gag with the cuffs in the dish washer. What a psycho! :)

Lynette laying out the potential tools of punishment before her kids had me squirming with fear! The fear of spanking never goes away.
I know what you mean DR. I found myself cringing and squinting when she was swinging the spatula in the air. I've had my share of experience with those tools. :)

cdoug57 02-13-05 11:08 PM

Another winner.

At least Bree won't catch anything viral, must be sterilized by now. I always thought that Bree would do whatever Rex wanted, especially after turning up at the hotel dressed as she did a couple of months back.

Not sure what is up with Susan and Mike.

Kids having the planted evidence explains why Mike was not questioned by the police.

I wonder what Mary Alice used to do?

MrX 02-13-05 11:12 PM

"What did your mother do to you":lol:

I was thinking how much Rex would have liked to have been one of Lynette's kids when she had the belt and the stick.

Susan looked great at dinner.

Patman 02-13-05 11:33 PM

I got the idea that Angela (Mary Alice) worked at an abortion clinic, but now had to go "underground" and assume a new identity.

The 5 year old's hair showed how the scenes were shot out of order because his hair lenght was all over the place.

Chew 02-14-05 06:11 AM

The mystery deepens. :)

Did anybody watch MadTV over the weekend? The last sketch (although one of the least funny) made plenty of jokes about DH: the backlot set, Bree's forehead ("it's a fivehead"), all the botox, Susan being accident prone. :lol:

RaraFemina 02-14-05 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
The mystery deepens. :)

Yes, yes it does. Since she worked at a hospital, I am wondering if Dana was maybe a baby born in the hospital that Mary Alice kidnapped. Some people do desperate things when they want a child. Mrs. Huber also had that picture with Mary Alice (Angela) in it, which would have given her more black mail material. So that makes the whole "It's a shame what happened to that baby" quote even deeper than we first thought.

Red Dog 02-14-05 08:58 AM

Now that was a dress. :drool:

Fun episode. The Lynette stuff was a riot.

Geofferson 02-14-05 09:05 AM

Fun episode last night.

As a matter of fact, I can see Bree pulling off quite an effective dominatrix.

Cusm 02-14-05 09:07 AM

I like the kidnap theory, especially if the mother was Mike's old girlfriend that came hunting for her kid. But I do not think this is the case as the "doctor" made it sound like she got mixed up in a drug type thing.

Fok 02-14-05 11:16 AM

Good episode last night, those kids crack me up.

riley_dude 02-14-05 02:15 PM

I enjoyed the Dominance storyline with Bree and her Husband.
Enjoyed the payoff with the neighbor across the street too. It's good for a bit of sentimentality every once in a while just as long as they dont wallow in it.

Dr. DVD 02-14-05 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
It's good for a bit of sentimentality every once in a while just as long as they dont wallow in it.

Unless it involves all four of the major wives and Edie (I think she is more or less a supporting character) succumbing to their urges and then hugging and kissing on one another. ;) (Those stupid Marcia Cross being a lesbian rumors got my little mind all perverted.)

Charlie Goose 02-14-05 03:10 PM

All four of these chicks are beginning to annoy me.