TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Numb3rs 2/11/05

Old 02-12-05, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numb3rs 2/11/05

So we get the backstory to Don and Terry's romantic flirtations from the academy.

While Charlie was certain that the student's death was murder, Don's instincts, experience proved Don right about it being a suicide, though Charlie's insistence leads to discovering that a building has a foundation that isn't up to snuff and could possibly not withstand high winds.

What I wondered about: was that counter-weight system employed in both axis (north-south, and west-east), or was only one needed to keep the building from too much sway?

That Nevelson foreman was so smug and smarmy.
Old 02-12-05, 04:26 PM

I thought it was so the building would sway in only two directions so the building could handle the stress. In the early tests the building was fine with hard winds in only one direction. I could be wrong. I like the show, but I really hope they dont go in a romantic angle with Don and Terry. I think it would be much more interesting with Terry and Charlie.
Old 02-12-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone else find Peter McNichol's character freaky as hell? Maybe it's the way he talks so softly. Reminds me a of a pedophile.
Old 02-12-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Or a frustrated pedophile wannabe...
Old 02-12-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"I sure hope you like duck!"

I almost fell outta my chair laughing
Old 02-13-05, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Does anyone else find Peter McNichol's character freaky as hell? Maybe it's the way he talks so softly. Reminds me a of a pedophile.
Not after the GhostBusters2 performance. I think Peter is the perfect person for this roll. To me he fits the typical mathematics professor stereotype. Weird hair and all