Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What shows have you STOPPED watching?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-20, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Re: What shows have you STOPPED watching?

Not sure if I posted previously, but I gave up on The Walking Dead once and for all after the Whispers were revealed to be another group of generic insane assholes. They couldn't even drag out this reveal for a couple of weeks to generate any kind of tension either.

As for current stuff, I gave up on The Flash. All the "Flash must die" was a rehash of "Savitar is going to kill Iris" but when Infinite Crisis started, then immediately went on hiatus for a month, I simply lost interest. Never caught the rest of Crisis, and until this week I never caught up on it at all. Tuned in this week and barely made it fifteen minutes through a pointless story of Iris trapped in a mirror with some rando. I'm done.
Old 03-29-20, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
That's disappointing to hear about Poldark. I've only watched the first two seasons but loved what I've seen. British shows have a major tendency to fall apart the longer they hang around.
Each season has diminishing returns, repeating plot lines...only dumber. I was pretty much done with it after season four, but I decided to watch because season five was the final season. I gave up and just read spoilers...I'm good with that.

I'm kind of in the same place after season three of Victoria, which has always had a subplot problem that got even more insufferable in series three, but it doesn't look we will be getting a fourth season of that any time soon. I haven't officially "stopped watching" it yet though.
Old 03-30-20, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

I know this is going to be unpopular, but I'm bailing on 'The Mandalorian' after 4 episodes. I'm a huge SW fan, and this was the most universally loved things among the fans from the franchise since the Original Trilogy. Even the Anti-Disney/Kathleen Kennedy people admitted this was great, so I had high expecations. What a snoozefest! I was expecting more, but it seems like a pretty standard action/adventure story that caters to the masses. I don't want to go into why I think it's boring because there maybe people here who haven't watched it yet, but I would just say it's the most overhyped thing in the Star Wars universe that I can remember.
Old 03-30-20, 08:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

When I look at my DVR and see that I've got 5, 6, 7 episodes of a show piling up unwatched, then it's usually time to decide whether to give up. Currently, those shows on the verge for me are Stumptown, Project Blue Book, and 68 Whiskey. Then again, The Bold Type was also on that list until I binged several of them yesterday and ran into the episode about pegging. Holy crap! Vaginal massages, yeast infection, vaginal odor, strap-ons, and pegging, all in one episode. I now realize that I know absolutely nothing about young people.
Old 03-30-20, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Show's I've Bailed On Recently:

The Flash - The main character is a side character in his own show. Majority of it's screen time is dedicated to side character development and political nonsense.
Schooled - Just not enjoyable.
Old 03-30-20, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

I bailed after 3 episodes of Little Fires Everywhere. I'm also done with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. These last few seasons haven't been bad but they're just going through the motions at this point and I've got too many series I'm interested in watching to keep hanging on to average shows.
Old 04-02-20, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm done with Batwoman. I watched episode 15 a couple days ago and realized this was a show I just did not enjoy watching. Typically, I can look past a show's flaws (hell, I stuck with Arrow through all eight seasons), but the kicker for me was that I didn't find any of the main characters likeable. It was like the characters were angrier, whinnier versions of the same types of characters that were on Arrow.
Old 04-02-20, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

- Stumptown
- 9-1-1 and spinoff
- FBI spinoff
- Tommy
- The Rookie

More generally, also anything recent/current on streaming services.
Old 04-03-20, 12:17 PM

I lasted about one minute into the premiere of Broke before I broke down and shut it off. How do shows like that even get made in the first place?
Old 04-03-20, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveA
I lasted about one minute into the premiere of Broke before I broke down and shut it off. How do shows like that even get made in the first place?
1 minute?

Because Pauley Perrette is the producer and I assume you know she's worked with CBS for 15 years on CBS and her production company sold this show to them.

When you have someone who's worked with your network that long, they will listen to your pitch and likely pick it up.
Old 04-03-20, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveA
I've never quit on a pilot before the first commercial break but I understand. Some things are evident about a show within several minutes.
Old 04-05-20, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Anything with Gordon Ramsey and "Bar Rescue" I can't stand anymore. In general, cooking shows, even Top Chef, are straining my patience. I find myself doing a lot of FFing with most TV these days. I need to get out of here.
Old 07-21-20, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 555 Likes on 406 Posts

Avatar: The Last Airbender. I originally tried to watch it shortly after it came out and fell off after a few episodes. I recently decided I wanted to watch it since it got added to Netflix and I made it through the first 10 episodes and I'm stopping. It's not bad or anything but the story and characters are doing nothing for me and I don't feel like investing any more time into it. I have too many shows I want to watch to force my way through this one just because it's critically acclaimed.
Old 07-21-20, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

The CHI. First couple seasons were mildly interesting in a Wire-lite kind of way, but 3rd season’s first few episodes didn’t grab me.

Old 07-22-20, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by big e
I'm done with Batwoman. I watched episode 15 a couple days ago and realized this was a show I just did not enjoy watching. Typically, I can look past a show's flaws (hell, I stuck with Arrow through all eight seasons), but the kicker for me was that I didn't find any of the main characters likeable. It was like the characters were angrier, whinnier versions of the same types of characters that were on Arrow.
Wow, even angrier whinnier versions of team Arrow?

I might drop the entire Arrowverse. I'm trudging through this season mainly for the Crisis cross over and since Arrow is ending but I might bail on all of it, unless they announce they are ending some of the shows. It's just too much TV with a lot of filler. The relationship problems were okay when you cared about the characters but when you stop caring it's painful to sit through. A few people I know bailed on everything but Legends. Go figure the black sheep of the Arrowverse.
Old 07-22-20, 04:26 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by tanman
Wow, even angrier whinnier versions of team Arrow?

I might drop the entire Arrowverse. I'm trudging through this season mainly for the Crisis cross over and since Arrow is ending but I might bail on all of it, unless they announce they are ending some of the shows. It's just too much TV with a lot of filler. The relationship problems were okay when you cared about the characters but when you stop caring it's painful to sit through. A few people I know bailed on everything but Legends. Go figure the black sheep of the Arrowverse.
I dumped the entire Arrowverse I think after Season 2 of Flash. Have not missed them in the slightest.

Old 07-22-20, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I dumped the entire Arrowverse I think after Season 2 of Flash. Have not missed them in the slightest.
Legends of Tomorrow just gets wackier though.
Old 07-23-20, 09:06 AM

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Similar sentiments here too. I largely dropped it sometime during season 4 of Arrow.

Supergirl seemed to be largely unwatchable after it moved to The CW. I never bothered trying to consistently watch the other spinoffs, other than the first season of The Flash. (ie. They ended up eventually being deleted unwatched from my dvr).
Old 07-23-20, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I only watch Legends. I dumped out of Flash after Crisis. I didn't watch the other ones (bailed on Supergirl after S2).

The CHI. First couple seasons were mildly interesting in a Wire-lite kind of way, but 3rd season’s first few episodes didn’t grab me.
I'm sticking with it.
Old 07-23-20, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Also done with the Arrowverse.

A complete Shitshow.

I did like that crossover bit with Ezra Miller.
Old 08-16-21, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I finally pulled the trigger on the Flash. I still had ten episodes left to watch from the latest season, but I hadn't watched one in over a month. I found I just had no interest in watching it anymore so those ten episodes got deleted.
Old 08-16-21, 03:32 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I was going to say too many to list, which is true but a show that I am surprised I gave up is Lois & Clark. I watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes and they started piling up on me and when I got to the point where I would need to catch up on 9 or 10 episodes to get up to date I just found myself not feeling the itch to get caught up. I gave up on Charmed several episodes before the new season (again, they just started piling up and I found myself not wanting to spend the time to get up to speed).

A show that I thought I was going to get behind on was the Walker Texas Ranger reboot, but I found it to be an easy binge and watched at least 4-5 episodes over the course of maybe a 2-3 days at most and have been caught up since.

That HBO Max Love Doll show, I quickly abandoned that one, along with the Anna Kendrick one, and I briefly thought about getting into The White Lotus on HBO Max as that seems to be a zeitgeisty show that all the cool kids are into watching but I am content to read spoilers on-line and have no desire to get caught up even knowing some of the hotter than the surface of the sun ladies in the show show some skin. Almost forgot to mention, I went a few episodes deep into that Ridley Scott HBO Max show from I believe last year (or maybe it was from 2019, anyway) and also just found myself letting myself get caught up by reading the show recaps on-line.

I have almost stopped watching Hulu original shows as I do not login to Hulu all that much anymore, but I actually want to start some Hulu originals up and finish them.

Djariya, lol! I see I got the series name wrong, it is Superman & Lois.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 08-16-21 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-16-21, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
I was going to say too many to list, which is true but a show that I am surprised I gave up is Lois & Clark. I watched maybe 3 or 4 episodes and they started piling up on me and when I got to the point where I would need to catch up on 9 or 10 episodes to get up to date I just found myself not feeling the itch to get caught up. I gave up on Charmed several episodes before the new season (again, they just started piling up and I found myself not wanting to spend the time to get up to speed).

A show that I thought I was going to get behind on was the Walker Texas Ranger reboot, but I found it to be an easy binge and watched at least 4-5 episodes over the course of maybe a 2-3 days at most and have been caught up since.

That HBO Max Love Doll show, I quickly abandoned that one, along with the Anna Kendrick one, and I briefly thought about getting into The White Lotus on HBO Max as that seems to be a zeitgeisty show that all the cool kids are into watching but I am content to read spoilers on-line and have no desire to get caught up even knowing some of the hotter than the surface of the sun ladies in the show show some skin. Almost forgot to mention, I went a few episodes deep into that Ridley Scott HBO Max show from I believe last year (or maybe it was from 2019, anyway) and also just found myself letting myself get caught up by reading the show recaps on-line.

I have almost stopped watching Hulu original shows as I do not login to Hulu all that much anymore, but I actually want to start some Hulu originals up and finish them.

Dean Cain is not happy with your choice.

You gave up on a show from 24 years ago!!

The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (08-16-21)
Old 08-17-21, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Arrowverse CW shows
The Walking Dead
Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Old 08-19-21, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya

Dean Cain is not happy with your choice.

You gave up on a show from 24 years ago!!

Funny. But I assume he meant Superman and Lois. Which is the only CW superhero show I still watch. Gave up on all the rest.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.