DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica 2/11/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/409348-battlestar-galactica-2-11-05-a.html)

Ranger 02-11-05 12:19 PM

Battlestar Galactica 2/11/05

Episode six tonight!

crankyman 02-11-05 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger
Episode six tonight!

oops..didn't see this and started one.

litmus - when a cylon suicide bomber infiltrates the galactica, adama must reveal a terrifying secret: cylons bad.

ok...even though last episode was just a tiny bit hokey....i love it. looking forward to tonight's episode. and hoping #6 and starbuck have to wrestle. in some sort of gelatinous material.

klandersen 02-11-05 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by crankyman
oops..didn't see this and started one.

litmus - when a cylon suicide bomber infiltrates the galactica, adama must reveal a terrifying secret: cylons bad.

ok...even though last episode was just a tiny bit hokey....i love it. looking forward to tonight's episode. and hoping #6 and starbuck have to wrestle. in some sort of gelatinous material.

LOl. yeah and Boomer would be the in-ring ref!

regent 02-11-05 01:40 PM

Cylons look like us now

Ranger 02-11-05 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by regent
Cylons look like us now

Hey, watch the spoilers, now. :)

BT 02-11-05 03:03 PM

Cylons look like us now

Damnit man, now you've ruined the show for me.

j/k :p

DJ_Spyder 02-11-05 03:26 PM

Cylons look like us now

That's strange I don't feel any different. Mmmmmmmm. gelatinous material 'slurp' btw this maybe old news here but BSG got picked up for a second season! thought I would pass that along.

regent 02-11-05 03:53 PM

I know, but the line is running on the trailers :frankie:

DVD Mike2 02-11-05 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by crankyman
hoping #6 and starbuck have to wrestle.

Patience crankyman....all in good time....cough 13 cough

Cartload 02-11-05 04:42 PM

This show is somewhat representative of my experience with women. You have two beautiful ladies, Number Six and Boomer, who happen to actually be agents for a species that is hunting down and exterminating humanity. Ah well, at last Starbuck is human. Looking forward to the next episode.

regent 02-11-05 04:50 PM

four hours to go

Dr. DVD 02-11-05 09:17 PM

I have a feeling that after it is revealed that the cylons look human, we will be getting some allegorical eps. for the McCarthy era. Hey, cylons have that red eye glow don't they?

Dr. DVD 02-11-05 09:59 PM

Uh...wow!!! Adama is one hard ass of a man! Whatever shortcomings last week had, this one more than made up for it and belted one out of the park.

Now for next week:
Spoiler:
How will Adama start to see #6?

JesseCuster 02-11-05 10:07 PM

Wow..so Adama and #6 are gonna knock boots? Didn't see that one coming. Really.

I'm sad to say that I've only caught about 3 out of the 6 episodes. What are the Caprica scenes about? I know who the crewman is and why he was left behind from the mini-series but I guess I'm not seeing where they're going with that story tangent. The fleet's long gone and even if he did make it back, Boomer's physical duplicity would reveal her as a cylon.

BTW...MORE KATIEBUCK!!!!

mikehunt 02-11-05 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Now for next week:
Spoiler:
How will Adama start to see #6?

Spoiler:
there's at least one physical copy of that cylon model in the fleet. she's real. which causes baltar to have even more mind trips

Cartload 02-11-05 10:40 PM

This episode reminded me a lot of "The Drumhead" from season 4 of Star Trek: The Next Generation. All this show did was give me another reason not to like Chief Tyrol. Where the heck was Apollo?

JesseCuster 02-11-05 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cartload
Where the heck was Apollo?

Probably off working on another project.

Ranger 02-12-05 12:07 AM

Looks like Galactica's only hope is have all the men turn gay.

Get your hands off me, you evil cylon seductress!

MvRojo 02-12-05 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cartload
This episode reminded me a lot of "The Drumhead" from season 4 of Star Trek: The Next Generation. All this show did was give me another reason not to like Chief Tyrol. Where the heck was Apollo?

Yeah, when I first saw this a few months ago, I thought it definitely had a lot of similarities with "The Drumhead".

Explosion on board ship leads to investigation leads to hearings on board the ship with the crew leads to captain interrogation by overzealous investigator leads to investigator verbally attacking the captain.

Dr. DVD 02-12-05 08:56 AM

In a way, this show seems to be taking the route of making the fleet be an allegory for America in its post-war years (or maybe post 9/11, the time periods are starting to become startlingly similar now). Like the days of old, science fiction is being used to address important issues.

ShagMan 02-12-05 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Mike2
Patience crankyman....all in good time....cough 13 cough

hahahaha, know what you mean ;)

crankyman 02-12-05 10:06 PM

weird. they showed me a clip from the last show that i don't remember seeing......them putting the cylon in a holding type cell....freaked me out.

do not remember that from a previous episode.....??

mikehunt 02-12-05 10:33 PM

it was from the miniseries I think

Dr. DVD 02-13-05 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
it was from the miniseries I think

It was.

crankyman 02-13-05 08:34 PM

and they knew he was cylon? dang....i hvae a terrible memory. :(