DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Joey 2/10/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/409297-joey-2-10-05-a.html)

Patman 02-11-05 06:21 AM

Joey 2/10/05

Wow, no Joey thread for this week's episode yet?

Alex had some interesting hands-on experience in this episode. :) Bobbie had me rolling about her line on laughter clearing up her hepatitus.

Joey's reaction to the ever-escalating age of the magazine writer was good for some laughs. Michael actually had a good line when he was with the lonely hearts table.

movieking 02-11-05 06:26 AM

I thought that this was a great episode. Lots of laughs, good lines, and some chick on chick boobie action. :up:

Chew 02-11-05 06:27 AM

I thought this episode was pretty good, it seems to be getting better.

Chew 02-11-05 06:31 AM

Crap! I read another blurb about
Spoiler:
another of Joey's sisters being cast
for a future episode and now I can't find it. :mad:

Patman 02-11-05 07:04 AM

Well, there are 7 of them...

rfduncan 02-11-05 08:02 AM

Alex had most of the funny lines this time around.

Nice to see Dottie from Sweetknuckle Junction (Greg the Bunny) getting more work. ;)

B.A. 02-11-05 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Well, there are 7 of them...

Didn't Marla Sokoloff play a younger sister on FRIENDS once?

Anyhow decent ep. Glad to see that they were out of the apartment for a good portion of it. Alex was pretty funny, as were Joey and Michael.

movieking 02-11-05 08:14 AM

They are definitely setting the stage for Alex to get a divorce.

Charlie Goose 02-11-05 08:16 AM

I loved the glowering look Joey gave the violinist as he played some romantic music for Joey & Judy.

"C'mon JoJo Dancer, this is JuJuBee!"
"...I've never heard either of those nicknames before."

Alex squeezing Gina's breasts = -other-

rfduncan 02-11-05 08:17 AM

Oh yeah - loved the line about putting out lingerie for the squirrel. :lol:

Chew 02-11-05 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
Crap! I read another blurb about
Spoiler:
another of Joey's sisters being cast
for a future episode and now I can't find it. :mad:

Found it!

Spoiler:
Joey Tribbiani is getting another sister — and she's going to look a lot like Christina Ricci. OK, she is Christina Ricci. Sources confirm that the Opposite of Sex actress will play Joey and Gina's kid sis in an episode to air in late February. Or is it early March? Oh, it's sometime in the next 60 days.

Link

j123vt_99 02-11-05 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Alex had most of the funny lines this time around.

Nice to see Dottie from Sweetknuckle Junction (Greg the Bunny) getting more work. ;)

that's who it was... i knew she was really familiar

movieking 02-11-05 09:07 AM

She was also on Six Feet Under for a while.

redinger 02-11-05 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
Found it!

Spoiler:
Joey Tribbiani is getting another sister — and she's going to look a lot like Christina Ricci. OK, she is Christina Ricci. Sources confirm that the Opposite of Sex actress will play Joey and Gina's kid sis in an episode to air in late February. Or is it early March? Oh, it's sometime in the next 60 days.

Link

Spoiler:
Christina Ricci is on Feb 24th. "Joey and the Fancy Sister"

Xander 02-11-05 10:16 AM

Good episode. Michael's stuff was actually funny this week. Actually, I pretty much liked everyone in this episode.

"I put on lingerie for a squirrel!"

rotfl

MJG87 02-11-05 10:35 AM

I liked this episode better than the last 2 or so, this series for me has been so-so but its improving! and the "I put on lingerie for a squirrel!" line could have gone over horribly but I loved her delivery

Meteu185 02-11-05 02:33 PM

I too think that last night's Joey was very funny & entertaining. I haven't been able to catch many of them, but you can tell a big difference from the beginning of this season and last night.

Much smarter humor - not just "Joey's an idiot" humor.

And Girl On Girl boobie grabbing is nice, too :)

MrBob 02-11-05 04:07 PM

I started watching this show, mainly because there was nothing else on at the time. Now I'm actually looking forward to watching it. It has gotten much better over the season, as everybody has gotten more comfortable with their roles.

JasonF 02-11-05 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.
Didn't Marla Sokoloff play a younger sister on FRIENDS once?

Yeah. Joey's Sisters showed up in "The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister" in Season 3:
Holly Gagnier .... Mary Angela (uncredited)
Mimi Lieber .... Mary Therese
Lisa Maris .... Tina
Lisa Melilli .... Dina
Alex Meneses .... Cookie
K.J. Steinberg .... Gina Tribbiani

There's a 7th sister (Veronica) who is seen in that episode but doesn't have any lines, so I have no idea who played her.

Later, Dina showed up again in "The One With Monica's Boots" (Season 8), this time played by Sokoloff.

I guess that means Christina Ricci will be the third time one of Joey's sisters is recast.

Bronkster 02-11-05 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by MJG87
I liked this episode better than the last 2 or so, this series for me has been so-so but its improving! and the "I put on lingerie for a squirrel!" line could have gone over horribly but I loved her delivery

Full agreement. In fact, there were a number of lines that could have come off poorly that didn't this time. Maybe it was a different director? I already deleted it so I can't check.

Also, the ending was clipped for me.. Was anything said after the answer machine announced 236 (or whatever number) calls?

MrX 02-11-05 08:19 PM

Very funny episode.

Drunk Alex was hilarious. I liked Joey's reaction everytime her age went up.

Goldberg74 02-11-05 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bronkster
Was anything said after the answer machine announced 236 (or whatever number) calls?

Joey looked at his sister and exclaimed "OyVey."

Nabalab 02-12-05 09:45 AM

I thought it was a very good episode.

Besides the moments that have been mentioned already (Judy's "rising" age, Drunk Alex), I also liked it when Judy wanted Joey to spank her.

He looked down at her rear-end and had to think about it for a moment, before he came to his senses about how much of a wacko she was!

Ted The Bug 02-15-05 09:59 PM

So we have

<table border=1>
<tr><td><b><center>Sister<b><td><center><b>Original<td><center><b>Re-cast
<tr><td>1.Mary Angela<td>Holly Gagnier
<tr><td>2.Mary Therese<td>Mimi Lieber<td>Christina Ricci
<tr><td>3.Tina<td>Lisa Maris
<tr><td>4.Dina<td>Lisa Melilli<td>Marla Sokoloff
<tr><td>5.Cookie<td>Alex Meneses
<tr><td>6.Gina<td>K.J. Steinberg<td>Drea De Matteo
<tr><td>7.Veronica<td>???</table>

Think we'll eventually see the other 4 sisters re-cast with famous people over the course of Joey's run?

Chew 02-16-05 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ted The Bug
Think we'll eventually see the other 4 sisters re-cast with famous people over the course of Joey's run?

That's a good bet.

Seeing those names all together now: Tina, Dina, and Gina??