Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Huff 1/30 Crazy, Nuts & All Messed Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Huff 1/30 Crazy, Nuts & All Messed Up

Just watched this, which was the season finale. There has to be a thread for it. I've been enjoying the show up til now, despite the fact that it can be a little heavy on the drama sometimes, but this episode really put it all together.

About halfway through the season the cast was the main thing keeping me on board. It may be my favorite cast for anything I've ever seen. But with this episode, any doubt I had about the writing is gone. That was the best cliffhanger I remember seeing in a long time. Sometimes I thought they were going a little far with how many bad things can happen to this family, and there couldn't possibly be anything coming up that would be a surprise and I'd just roll my eyes. It was nothing compared to what was coming! If you watched more than 3 episodes of this show this season, catch the rerun on Wednesday or whenever it's on! Sincerely a jawdropper. It was freaking brilliant!

Well at least for me anyway. I'm sure if this show were more popular somebody would say they saw everything coming a mile away and that it was the dumbest thing they've ever seen
Old 02-01-05, 08:44 AM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
I have to catch up on last week's episode first. I'll catch the encore of this tomorrow and chime in.

I didn't know it was the season finale. Damn it went by fast.
Old 02-05-05, 03:33 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Finally got around to watching this today. Great finale and yes, excellent cliffhanger! I'm glad this was already renewed for a second season.
Old 02-05-05, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tv academy just sent me that whole first season of this series. I don't have cable and usually have to wait until around emmy time for all the screeners to watch a lot of the tv shows. Watched the very first episode of this series tonight and it was great. I'm looking forward to have the time to watch the rest of the season in the coming weeks.
Old 02-06-05, 12:14 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked the show in the beginning, but by the finale, I found all of the characters to be rather annoying. I think it's because I've found all of them to be overly self-centered, and those kinds of personalities tend to grate on me esp. when they start to get particularly whiny (the final scene especially clinched it for me).

Sorry Roto, but I'd have to go the other route and say that the finale was pretty bad. I thought the pacing didn't fit: slow, quiet scene with Melody. slow, quiet scene with Teddy. Madcap final minute. I guess that was probably the point based on the cutting used, but combined with how steadily annoying I found all of the characters to be, the end there just utterly killed it for me.

That, and I'm probably still pissed off at Showtime for cancelling Dead Like Me