Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Leroy Wells(American Idol) I couldn't stop laughing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-05, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leroy Wells(American Idol) Can You Dig It?

This guy has to be even funnier than William Hung, but in a more obnoxious way. Hung was just a very nice, intelligent geek who was articulate and polite. Leroy was, well, Leroy. I couldn't believe how out there this guy was. I had a bet with my wife. She thinks he talked that way for show, I said nope that's how he actually talks. Still one of the funniest performance ever on American Idol.

Link for those that missed this Classic performance:http://www.leroy-wells.com/

After you are done watching the video click here to laugh more:http://www.wpmi.com/news/local/story...8-E35CC2F680CE

Last edited by Dalvin; 01-30-05 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-30-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did he get out of jail yet? He was arrested about a week ago.
Old 01-30-05, 09:11 PM
Banned

If that video doesn't scare you in terms of our societies intelligence(or lack therof) I don't know what will.
Old 02-01-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bill Cosby must be thrilled at another positive representation of black youth.
Old 02-01-05, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Eh. Nothing really special there. Nothing funny. Just another no name not worth your time. To those who haven't checked it out, don't bother. You're not missing anything. Seriously. Stare at the wall and you'd have been more productive of your time.
Old 02-01-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh goody, another no-talent fool who shows up, acts kooky for the camera, and then winds up on TV for months and months. There's been a severe lack of those here in the states for a while now.

I'd love to see how much the attendance for the AI auditions would plummet if they announced "we will not be showing the bad auditions on TV this go-around, only the serious ones".

-jason
Old 02-01-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzbox
I'd love to see how much the attendance for the AI auditions would plummet if they announced "we will not be showing the bad auditions on TV this go-around, only the serious ones".

-jason
Cut in half. At the very least.
Old 02-01-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wells for president..... if anyone can get a poster..... please photochop it
Old 02-01-05, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Leroy Wells- For President 2008....

Now Can You Dig It!!!!
Old 02-03-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) On Tuesday (Jan. 25) night, millions of "American Idol" viewers met Leroy Wells, a young auditioner whose boundless enthusiasm was matched only by his general lack of talent. On a night when Wells should have been celebrating his public humiliation (or coronation, depending on your point of view), the 21-year-old native of Grand Bay, Alabama was behind bars.
According to Mobile's local NBC affiliate, Wells and his fellow inmates were allowed to watch Tuesday's "Idol," which featured talented (and not-so-talented) hopefuls from the show's New Orleans try-outs.

Arrested earlier this month for allegedly discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle (and, in the process, shooting a man in the hip), Wells was in the Mobile Metro Jail for failure to appear in court.

Wells' incarceration may have prevented him from reaching the status of such esteemed "Idol" rejects as William Hung. Wells burst into the "Idol" audition room like an incoherent supernova, spouting a patois that was one part krunk, one part Dirty South and one part unique rambling. Occasionally removing the shiny metallic caps from his teeth, Wells sang the chorus from Old Dirty Bastard's (an intellectual kindred spirit) "Baby, I've Got Your Money" and then sang part of the chorus from James Brown's "I Feel Good." He also repeatedly asked the judges if they could dig it. It seemed that they ultimately could not.
Showing great contempt, "Idol" producers frequently subtitled Wells' difficult to fathom speech, making him into the brunt of an extended joke.

Reportedly, Wells' rap sheet contains seven previous arrests, including a pot bust and charges of disorderly conduct and possession of an unlicensed firearm.

The young man's $11,000 bond was paid on Wednesday and he was released from jail that evening.
Old 02-03-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I loved that he sang the instrumental part of "I Feel Good." More performers need to come in and and attempt to perform every part of the song.
Old 02-03-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Bad, Bad, Leroy ..... Wells?!?!?
Old 02-03-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Dalvin
Leroy Wells(American Idol) I couldn't stop laughing
I couldn't start laughing. I'm sick of people acting like jackasses just to get on TV.