Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Day 4 hour 5 1/17/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Is the President the father from Unhappily Ever After?
Yes. He's played by Geoffrey Pierson
Old 01-17-05, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great episode. Very smooth. No annoyances from me.

Next week is GOING. TO. KICK. MAJOR. ASS.

Also, did anyone hear Howard say hours 2-4pm are the best he's ever seen? Or something like that last night at the GG. Can't wait!
Old 01-17-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
For some reason I have realized this season that I would bang Chloe.
Old 01-17-05, 09:14 PM

Great show. It's nice to see some intellagence out of the bad guys. Kalil takeing himself out, and Dina Araz following Debbies Mom.

Anyone else wondering where the President is going/coming from that he has been in the air for FIVE hours?
Old 01-17-05, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope the second half of the season is a sitcom starring the Araz Family. They rule.
Old 01-17-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did I miss something... what happened to Heller's son?

Assume he's still in the CTU torture room.
Old 01-17-05, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by The Cow
Edgar: Just because you overheard a conversation with me and Chloe, doesn't make me your bitch!

Edgar rocks!
Yeah, I like him but he caves anyway. I love that logic ... I'll tell if you don't give me Level 3 ... go ahead tell ... o.k. I'll tell ... actually not ..... o.k. I didn't tell ... but give me Level 3 anyway ... o.k. here ya go ...

wtf? What happened to "no, *u*k you tattling bi**h?

First poor episode ...

They want us to buy into the big lie ... the big lie is that the U.S. will be seriously "shame" by some terrorist holding this "trial." So much so that the better course of action is to kill our own people. What a crock ...

First they have the Secretary of Defense tell us. Then they have the President's advisor tell us. They could tell us it 6 more people tell us and it won't be any more plausible than complete and utter nonsense.

What they don't want you to think about is how anyone anywhere is going to watch these bozos convene a Kangaroo Court and have it seriously shame anyone. Or the more serious consequence of a U.S. government killing their own people to save 'face.'

The only thing they should be ashamed of is this awful plot point. It also doesn't speak well of what they think of their own audience that they would try to pull this crap on us.
Old 01-17-05, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Is the President the father from Unhappily Ever After?
Yeah, wouldn't it be great if his chief adviser was a bunny puppet with the voice of Bobcat Goldthwait?
Old 01-17-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ctyankee
Yeah, I like him but he caves anyway. I love that logic ... I'll tell if you don't give me Level 3 ... go ahead tell ... o.k. I'll tell ... actually not ..... o.k. I didn't tell ... but give me Level 3 anyway ... o.k. here ya go ...

wtf? What happened to "no, *u*k you tattling bi**h?

First poor episode ...

They want us to buy into the big lie ... the big lie is that the U.S. will be seriously "shame" by some terrorist holding this "trial." So much so that the better course of action is to kill our own people. What a crock ...

First they have the Secretary of Defense tell us. Then they have the President's advisor tell us. They could tell us it 6 more people tell us and it won't be any more plausible than complete and utter nonsense.

What they don't want you to think about is how anyone anywhere is going to watch these bozos convene a Kangaroo Court and have it seriously shame anyone. Or the more serious consequence of a U.S. government killing their own people to save 'face.'

The only thing they should be ashamed of is this awful plot point. It also doesn't speak well of what they think of their own audience that they would try to pull this crap on us.
Yeah, I agree. People have already seen the guy being held hostage and the trial has aready begun.

This episode was just a filler, and next week will be great.
Old 01-17-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
This episode was just a filler
Really? I thought it was great. I thought last week was much more filler-ish.

Of course, an episode of "24" with Jack filing his nails for 60 minutes would be better than most crap on TV.
Old 01-17-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
they should've aired this season for two hours a nite over two and a half weeks..

this hour flew by..
Old 01-17-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by ctyankee
Who are you kidding? Blow up the building! [beavis & butthead voice]heh, heh, heh, that would be cool. [/beavis & butthead voice]

Got another great time lapse this episode. We get the terrorist commiting hairy Carey into the tanker. Go to commercial. Come back 3 minutes later, the fire is out, everything is under control. to the LAFD. Those guys rock. Must have been the same stationhouse that put out that helicopter fire.
Old 01-17-05, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Edgar: Just because you overheard a conversation with me and Chloe, doesn't make me your bitch!

Edgar rocks!
Ed GARRRRRRRRRRRRRR is representing , 35 more mins of the episode left, this is good old fun
Old 01-17-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Good episode. William Devane was pretty badass in a funny way when he made that attempt to escape. 24 in HD is
Old 01-17-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Deftones
24 in HD is
Its been a long time coming...24 in 'High Resolutrion Digital' was dark and dreary.
Old 01-18-05, 12:05 AM

good episode, a little bit of filler, looks like next week will be a little more action filled........... I am looking forward to next week
Old 01-18-05, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This week was a great setup for next week.

167 hours and counting.
Old 01-18-05, 12:14 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
ok episode this week. I agree that it's good to see the villians have atleast some intelligence.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 01-18-05, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Jack: Everybody be cool, this is a robbery!

I just wanted you to know that I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. Thanks for the laughs.

Pretty good episode tonight, you can tell it was just a lead in for next week though. I loved the ending with Driscoll saying to Jack "It's over, stand down *ten second pause* don't go in there Jack."

lol, she knew.
Old 01-18-05, 12:25 AM

They didn't mention anything about S.O.D. Heller's son, is he still there with that machine going crazy?
Old 01-18-05, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by gongon78
They didn't mention anything about S.O.D. Heller's son, is he still there with that machine going crazy?
must be I guess, I was wondering the same thing
Old 01-18-05, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
He's been on that thing for almost 3 hours right? So for Richard...it's gonna feel like 3 days??

Chloe gone
Old 01-18-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody have a clue as to who that guy was that Audrey noticed at the terrorist hideout?
Old 01-18-05, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have not laughed so hard in a long time thank you guys, I may not watch any more just read the recaps until the DVDs come out. Once again thank you all
Old 01-18-05, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
Anybody have a clue as to who that guy was that Audrey noticed at the terrorist hideout?
He's probably a government official of some sort.

But here's the question that bugged me. You're being held captive, why would you blurt out "hey, I know you!" in front of your captives?!?

While her chances for survival were already pretty slim, that didn't help them much.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.