Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jennifer Garner NOT hosting SNL on 1/15/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-05, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad. She sucked big time the last time she hosted. The Killers are awesome, I can't wait. I've been with them since before they hit it big. Yet another perk to living in Las Vegas
Old 01-14-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by spartanstew
I bet the male members of SNL are pretty disappointed.

It's pretty evident that she has sex with/dates every male she does a project with.

Stew
Hmmm...Mental note to self, get small bit part in Alias.
Old 01-15-05, 03:19 AM

I'm ok with Topher hosting, and The Killers are one of my favorite new bands, so at least there should be something to like if the skits suck.

I can't wait for next week and Paul Giamatti's SNL debut. I've been a fan of his for years. Musical guest is Ludacris
Old 01-15-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts
did anyone watch this abomination?
this was the most unfunny ep of snl i ever saw.

a skit on losing virginity to an old lady at a brothel?

god this was just brutal.
Old 01-16-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
I had some high expectations for tonight's SNL, but Jesus....that whole thing fucking sucked!!!!! Why the hell is SNL still on????
Old 01-16-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I liked it. Good show. and no bad skits. Topher Grace was an okay host, nothing special but he really didn’t have much to do at all.

Bush press conference on CNN
Declaring the “War on Weather”. Bush stumbles and mumbles while answering reporters, so a smooth Clinton steps in and hits all the right notes. Armisen as George H.W. Bush. Forte is not a bad Bush, and Hammond as Clinton is well-known.

Monologue
Funny bit has Grace sparring with an audience member about his name. Loudmouth audience guy Terrell and his white wife also there.

Trucker Talk
Some redneck truckers prattle on and on over their C.B.s about the breakup of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. Cute, but not hilarious.

Black EMTs
The Fat Albert Nitwit and Finesse Mitchell as two EMTs refusing to take calls from dispatcher Grace because it’s MLK day. The F.A.N. was actually pretty good here, although I do wish he'd lose that idiotic grin.

CBS Evening News
Hammond as Rather talking about their famous inaccurate report, stating that there were some other frauds, including his written apology, his CBS press bio, and his bikini inspector’s license. Hammond made the sketch.

Beaver Ranch
Grace as a young virgin in a whorehouse, with Dratch as an old and skeevy hooker. Funny.

Weekend Update
Some standard jokes, and a good one about the pope; gay marriage was just denounced by an older single man, wearing a cape. F.A.N and Rudolph as Cliff & Clair Huxtable. Man, the two of them had the impressions down to a tee, I’ve never seen the F.A.N. funnier. He really had the Cosby cadence, “Has any of the kids paid for the rent, AND the FOOD, AND the lodging, AND the turning ON of the heat?”

Nooney & Nooney
Grace and girlfriend visiting two eccentric European art dealers. Armisen and Rudolph had the funny accents and the weird apartment. Not much to it.

Hardball
Odd to see this so late. Matthews talks to John McCain and Armstrong Williams, but the highlight is definitely Forte as a near-insane Zell Miller. I really thought Forte was going to burst a blood vessel. Even Hammond got shook up.

Currencies
Weird skit with Poehler as the weak Dollar, being bullied by other, stronger currencies. Poehler was using a cartoonish voice that actually aroused me.

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 01-16-05 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-16-05, 12:27 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Hardball is almost always good and Forte as Zell was hilarious, even Hammond broke character. The rest of the show was average.
Old 01-16-05, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Currencies
Weird skit with Poehler as the weak Dollar, being bullied by other, stronger currencies. Poehler was using a cartoonish voice that actually aroused me.
Judging by your generosity, I'm thinking you're still in the post-coital Poehler-zone.

About the only thing I found funny on this ep was the monologue. The whole Garner/internet thing combined with the black comedian and white wife [they always seem to elicit a chuckle] made for a couple of laughs. The rest? The Killers were alright. I suppose.
Old 01-16-05, 12:47 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by I refuse to quote the name
The Killers are awesome I've been with them since before they hit it big.
Old 01-16-05, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Monologue was pretty funny, liked the bit about calling a kid named Matthew: "Thew." Forte's Miller was hilarious, I thought that vein in the middle of his forehead was going to explode.
Old 01-16-05, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
This was the weakest episode of the season.

Seriously, they need to drop a dirty bomb in the writers room and start over from scratch.
Old 01-16-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was Godawful. I can't believe anyone who have thought otherwise. Just goes to show you how subjective comedy is.
Old 01-16-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
A good way to gauge how good SNL is now:

Consider to yourself: "Could you picture Belushi or Chevy doing something like this?"

Hell, you can apply that to the Jon Lovitz, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman crew, and get the same answer.
Old 01-16-05, 03:22 PM

I was really pleased with the Dollar bill skit at the end. Amy Poehler did a wonderful job. As for the rest of the show I was let down, I did like when Topher referred to one of his buddies in the brothel skit as Thew...it gave me a chuckle.
Old 01-16-05, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Topher hit the mark (ALMOST) everytime last night and when his line was supposed to be funny, it was funny. But the show was still awful. I think this proves empirically that the show's problems lie with the writers.
Old 01-16-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
I liked the opening Bush Clinton sketch but that was about all. Topher didn't have a lot to do.
Old 01-17-05, 01:38 AM

Forget this one, anyone see the Eric Idle SNL after this one? Man that was some good shit.
Old 01-17-05, 02:28 AM
Banned

that trucker skit was awful.

Topher Grace sucks.

They had a month off and they come out with the worst show of the season.
Old 01-17-05, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You would think a sitcom star would be better at reading cue cards.
Old 01-17-05, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
<--liked the MLK and brothel sketches
Old 01-17-05, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Dollar sketch was good.

D
Old 01-17-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Topher Grace really sucks. His opening was horrible. He needs to learn to not just read the cards but to put some feeling into it. (Hell even his SNL promo commercial about him, Amy, and Tina having a threesome was static).

I liked Hardball and Weekend Update, that's it.
Old 01-17-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh my gosh, this has got to be the worst SNL ever. The jokes were not funny and Topher was horrible. He never looked at the other actors and only stared off into the corner.
Old 01-18-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Worst SNL ever is, and will always be, the Tom Green episode.

It cannot be topped for this honor. Ever.
Old 01-18-05, 12:12 PM

i thought the "noony & noony" sketch was pretty damn funny. what had me cracking up was how they couldnt pronounce "Pam" and maya rudolph would say "Borf!"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.