Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

L&O - "Ain't No Love" (1/12/05) (Come on in and celebrate with me and Red Dog!))

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

L&O - "Ain't No Love" (1/12/05) (Come on in and celebrate with me and Red Dog!))

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-05, 10:27 PM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts

"Ain't No Love"

Spoiler:
DETECTIVES TRACK HIP-HOP SUSPECTS AFTER MASTER RAPPER IS CAPPED -- Detectives Fontana (Dennis Farina) and Green (Jesse L. Martin) move to the beat of hip-hop when a legendary rapper is shot to death and evidence points to the victim's young protege (as Shawn, guest star Sean Nelson) who was known to be cutting his own music on bootlegged street CD's -- and more clues can be found in one song's lyrics that describe a similar killing. As police tie in another previous murder, A.D.A.s McCoy (Sam Waterston) and Southerlyn (Elisabeth Rohm) seek the e-mail addresses from a thuggish record label's web site that could unlock the case -- even as the two prosecutors clash over admissable facts. S. Epatha Merkerson and Fred Dalton Thompson also star. TV-14

Less than 24 hrs until she's gone!

Dancing bananas all around!

Old 01-11-05, 11:45 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
The dancing banana has never been more appropriate
Old 01-12-05, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw Rohm on Jimmy Kimmel last night. Apparently, she is dating Dan Abrams of the Abrams report. Interesting.
Old 01-12-05, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I think there should be dancing bananas in the streets. And we should all cross our fingers that the new actress actually has some skills.
Old 01-12-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
In the criminal justice system the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups....the police who investigate the crime, and now one less district attorney who prosecute the offenders...these are their stories...Doink, Doink.
Old 01-12-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
A very special goodbye.
Old 01-12-05, 07:21 PM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
In the criminal justice system the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups....the police who investigate the crime, and now one less district attorney who prosecute the offenders...these are their stories...Doink, Doink.
An appropriate episode title... "Ain't No Love"...

Old 01-12-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I needed a good pick-me-up. My Red Sox WS buzz was starting to wear off a bit, but this is like a shot of adreneline.........
Old 01-12-05, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't watched L&O in years other than a few minutes here and there. Did see this woman on Angel, and a few minutes of her not very convincing performances every now and then. I happened to catch the last few minutes of tonight's episode. That last line was shocking. So my question: Before this episode did we know previously that she is
Spoiler:
a lesbian
or was that something we just learned as she was leaving?
Old 01-12-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Spoiler:
lesbian?
where'd that come from
Old 01-12-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wha Huh? How... when... Your'e what? And then..? Wha? Huh?

D
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally Posted by Laertes
I haven't watched L&O in years other than a few minutes here and there. Did see this woman on Angel, and a few minutes of her not very convincing performances every now and then. I happened to catch the last few minutes of tonight's episode. That last line was shocking. So my question: Before this episode did we know previously that she is
Spoiler:
a lesbian
What the freak did that have to do with ANYTHING?

And why did they feel the need to introduce it 20 seconds before the character leaves the show????

Did I miss something?!?!?!?!
DVD Talk Special Edition

WTF!?!?!!? Where did that come from? I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped open. I didn't know that was part of her character.
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
and how'd you see it early?
Old 01-12-05, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Laertes
Spoiler:
a lesbian
I was also pretty surprised about that since I never knew that about the character before. It seemed a little out of place.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by joefrog91
WTF!?!?!!? Where did that come from? I'm sitting here with my jaw dropped open. I didn't know that was part of her character.
I felt exactly the same way, but I haven't really been watching the first-run episodes so I figured that I was just out of the loop.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
Assuming in the Maritimes.....?
Old 01-12-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
If you're asking me, L&O comes on at 9pm Central here in TX. It just finished.
Old 01-12-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe they tried to make it seem like she didn't suck as an actress by making us think she was playing the role with this pent up secret or maybe it was a last minute thing to....nah, that just didn't make any sense no matter how you cut it.

I was so happy when she got fired and then all hell broke loose.

D
Old 01-12-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who the hell says "you're fired" besides Donald Trump? That was kind of odd...also, what a dumb thing for her to ask.
Old 01-12-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My wife's theory: Serena was in denial as to why she was fired, so she was trying to blame it on anything else but what Arthur said.......
Old 01-12-05, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joefrog91
If you're asking me, L&O comes on at 9pm Central here in TX. It just finished.
no, Laertes
at the time I hit submit my post would have come up right under my post with a spoiler, but by then everyone else posted so it came in a few post farther down
Old 01-12-05, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jobronie
My wife's theory: Serena was in denial as to why she was fired, so she was trying to blame it on anything else but what Arthur said.......
That kind of makes sense, but it still seemed abrupt. I'm glad she's gone though. She brought nothing to the show. She should have stayed on Angel
Old 01-12-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by JMLEWIS1
Who the hell says "you're fired" besides Donald Trump? That was kind of odd...also, what a dumb thing for her to ask.
That was great - the Trump-esque coldness of it.

I had read a rumor of the bombshell in a L&O forum today. As the end of the hour drew near, I didn't think it was true and them bam right at end. Came out of nowhere.

My guess - it was an effort by Wolf to get people to watch the lackluster episodes of the last 4 seasons to see if any hints were dropped. They are probably there if you have a keen eye. Kind of like with the Jack/Claire off-screen affair.

Anyhow, who cares. It's partytime.
Old 01-12-05, 11:07 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
It's funny, because during an episode earlier this year I was almost expecting Serena to reveal that she was gay. I think it was the "Gov Love" episode that dealt with McCoy getting the New York courts to not recognize same-sex marriages. Throughout that part of the episode she had a disapproving look on her face.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.