Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 6 - 01/11/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who Will Be Eliminated Next?
Lori/Bolo
0%
Kris/Jon
0%
TAPOSTNNBN/Victoria
11.90%
Hayden/Aaron
11.90%
Rebecca/Mommy's Little Boy
30.95%
Freddy/The Amazing Racist (aka That Whiny Bitch)
2.38%
nobody
42.86%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 6 - 01/11/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jonathan must die.
Old 01-12-05, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Burnt Alive
Jonathan must die.
For a challenge there, it seemed roles were a bit reversed: I was annoyed at Victoria during the grape stomping. But, I think she was doing it on purpose.

You certainly can't go through a challenge like that without an I Love Lucy reference and they didn't disappoint.
Old 01-12-05, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that the producers could have easily made Hayden the villian for this series, but Jonathan was too annoying to be ignored.
Old 01-12-05, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Especially Hayden. but I don't think he looks likTo quote my husband about another reality show contestant, "What is she, a hand model?"

Maybe she's a body double. She get's worse looking every ep...
Old 01-12-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was laughing so hard when Hellbaby couldn't figure out initially how to hit the button with his head inside the suit and kept floating on top of the water.

I was seriously bummed when it looked like Jon and Kris might miss their flight, but that went away quickly after the commercial break.

Jonathan continues to add to his impressive TAR legend.
Old 01-12-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I don't think I have ever heard the word 'baby' uttered so much in my life - just during the rock climb alone.

Not a particularly exciting episode. The first 20 minutes were filler - no bearing on the race. The FF was lame for a 2nd week in a row - they should have set up something where teams can attempt the task at the same time, otherwise, like last week, you have a no-brainer decision. The rock climb vs water search was a good detour. I would have pick the water simply because it looked like fun (plus the clue odds: 50/50 seemed pretty good). The roadblock was lame.
Old 01-12-05, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's official--I must marry Kris.
Old 01-12-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Victoria and Johnathon probably deserve each other. He is a jerk, but she seems like a whiny bitch and I guarantee she would be a pain in the ass to live with.
Old 01-12-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Victoria and Johnathon probably deserve each other. He is a jerk, but she seems like a whiny bitch and I guarantee she would be a pain in the ass to live with.

That's why I find it so entertaining.
Old 01-12-05, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That's why I find it so entertaining.
Agreed. Looks like next week could be pretty funny with those 2 again.
Old 01-12-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm surprised that they had the 2nd FF so soon after the 1st one. But then again, they keep surprising me with all of the rule changes.

The hellboy and rebecca relationship looks like it's going towards a great ending. I felt bad for the guy who had to keep jumping in to grab Adam after he kept floating away.
Old 01-12-05, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Watching Rebecca's girlfriend almost shit his pants during the diving task had me laughing very hard.
Old 01-12-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
My god is rebecca ripped.
Old 01-12-05, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
NBC moved into first at 9 p.m. with the last part of "Biggest Loser" (9.9/15) and the new comedy "Committed" (6.7/10). CBS was second with the 7.1/11 for "Amazing Race." The ABC comedies "According to Jim" and "Rodney" averaged a 6.5/10 for the hour. FOX's "Billionaire" finale stayed fourth. On UPN, "Veronica Mars" had a 2.0/3 and nipped "High School Reunion" on The WB.
Old 01-12-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone who would watch The Biggest Loser instead of TAR must be a damn fool.
Old 01-12-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by tommyp007
My crystal ball says Hayden/Aaron this week
ahhh...the non-elim part was cloudy, but otherwise.......
Old 01-12-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Rebecca has an awesome stomach
Old 01-12-05, 01:42 PM

anyone else think of seinfeld when kris and jon almost missed their flight?
"you know how to take the reservation, you just dont know how to keep the reservation"
Old 01-12-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
"you know how to take the reservation, you just dont know how to keep the reservation"
Ha Ha. I even quoted it outloud as it happened.
Old 01-12-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
"...which is the most important part of the reservation--the holding. Anybody can just take 'em."
Old 01-12-05, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I missed the last 30 minutes of the show. Can someone please give me a detailed summary on what happend after Rebecca and Adam made it to the pit stop. I would greatly appreciate it. And to just make things clear, was this a non-elimination leg? Thank you so much!
Old 01-12-05, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by QuikSilver
I missed the last 30 minutes of the show. Can someone please give me a detailed summary on what happend after Rebecca and Adam made it to the pit stop. I would greatly appreciate it. And to just make things clear, was this a non-elimination leg? Thank you so much!
From the official site on CBS.com...

Originally Posted by CBS.com
HITTING THE WALL
Arriving at Camp Rafalli in first place, Jonathan & Victoria and Lori & Bolo opened their clue to discover a Detour, which required Teams to choose between "Climb Up" and "Fly Behind." To complete Climb Up, each Team member had to use a mechanical ascender to climb a 45-foot rock wall. Once at the top, they had to find the terrace, where a French Legionnaire would give them a medal. After getting the medal, the Teams had to rappel 75 feet down to receive their next clue. Climbing the wall with the ascender would be technically and physically difficult, but if Teams figure it out and climb the wall, they could finish quickly. Teams choosing Fly Behind had to choose a Zodiac boat. One teammate had to ride behind on an inflatable raft while the other rode inside the Zodiac and directed the driver to search among 25 buoys for one with a clue attached. While the task was not technically difficult, only 12 of the 25 buoys contained a clue.

As Lori & Bolo suited up to climb the wall and Jonathan & Victoria took a Zodiac in the water, Adam & Rebecca landed in Calvi. After driving to La Pietra, the pair met host Phil Keoghan at the rocks along the shore and stepped onto the mat in first place. For their efforts, Adam & Rebecca won a vacation to the sunny Caribbean, compliments of American Airlines' website, AA.com. On her teammate, Rebecca commented, "I think Adam is just starting to tap into what he is capable of, and it's really building his confidence."

With Kris & Jon and Freddy & Kendra joining Lori & Bolo on the Camp Rafalli wall, the race to the top began. Freddy cruised with incredible ease while muscleman Bolo struggled with the ascender. He eventually made it to the top, followed closely by Kris and Kendra.

While Jon and Lori climbed for their Teams, Freddy & Kendra received their medal from the Legionnaire and completed the descent down the wall. Opening their clue, the engaged models learned they had to drive nearly 10 miles to a winery in the village of Zilia to find the next Route Marker. Soon, Kris & Jon and Lori & Bolo completed the Detour as well and began the drive to Zilia.

As the hopelessly lost Hayden & Aaron finally arrived at the Detour to choose Climb Up, Jonathan & Victoria continued to flounder in the ocean. Initially, Victoria led the Zodiac driver to a marker that wasn't even a buoy, but eventually she spotted one. When Jonathan dove down, he saw this was a buoy without a clue, forcing Victoria to continue the search on the expansive water. After shouting about the futility of the Detour choice, Victoria spotted another buoy. Luckily for the volatile pair, this one had a clue attached and they headed back to shore.

MAKING WINE
As last-place Hayden & Aaron finished the Detour, Freddy & Kendra arrived at the winery in Zilia to find a Roadblock. In this Roadblock, one Team member had to stomp 55 pounds of grapes with their feet. After squeezing out enough juice to fill five wine bottles, the stomper must pour out a glass of juice and drink it to receive the next clue. Electing to stomp for her Team, Kendra jumped into the barrel and began to make juice. As Kendra filled up her fourth bottle, Jonathan & Victoria arrived on the scene. With Jonathan stomping for his Team, Kendra completed the task, drank her glass of juice and opened the clue instructing her and Freddy to proceed 18 miles to the Pit Stop at La Pietra.

While Jonathan appeared to be cruising through the Roadblock as quickly as Kendra, Kris and Bolo joined him, electing to stomp grapes for their Teams. However, things turned sour for Jonathan when, with only one half of a bottle left to fill, his barrel became plugged. After Jonathan removed a rock from his funnel, his bottle still would not fill, allowing Kris to finish ahead of him. Even Lori & Bolo, bickering through the entire Roadblock, completed the task before Jonathan & Victoria, who were now in fifth place.

While the situation seemed bleak for the squabbling Jonathan & Victoria, it was even worse for the perpetually lost Hayden & Aaron. In frustration, Hayden turned a critical eye on Aaron, saying, "You don't care at all. We're going to get last right now." Aaron replied, "You don't have to act like that." As Jonathan & Victoria finally completed the Roadblock with Victoria commenting, "It's over for us anyways," Hayden & Aaron finally arrived at the winery.

RACE FOR THE MAT
As Freddy & Kendra stepped onto the mat in second place, Aaron quickly finished the Roadblock for his Team and hoped to catch up with Jonathan & Victoria. By taking a short cut, Hayden & Aaron had a glimmer of hope that they could avoid a last-place finish.

With Lori & Bolo and Kris & Jon arriving in third and fourth place respectively, Jonathan & Victoria found themselves stuck in traffic. Hayden & Aaron appeared to be gaining ground by taking the shorter, alternate route. In the end, it wasn't enough, as Jonathan & Victoria stepped onto the mat in fifth place. Arriving at La Pietra in last place, Hayden & Aaron were met by Phil Keoghan, who informed the stunned, elated pair that this was the second of three pre-determined non-elimination legs. After handing over all his Team's money, Aaron commented on his partner's inability to stay calm and focused: "I'm feeling a little angry that this behavior from Hayden keeps happening. It frustrated me." Hayden agreed, "We're not working together. Today, that was probably my doing, and I could have cost us the whole Race."
Old 01-12-05, 03:26 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Next week looks pretty good, more screaming.
Old 01-12-05, 03:52 PM

It seems like they're really stretching this season out. If I'm not mistaken, there's only been one elimination in the past four episodes. (The one ended with "to be continued", then the recap, then the one elimination, and now a non-elimination leg).
Old 01-12-05, 04:03 PM

Phil's Diaries

What's happened to Phil's Diaries on CBS.com?

They hasn't been any new ones posted for the latest episodes.

TIM

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.