Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 "Day 4 - 9am - 11am" -- 01.10.2005

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 "Day 4 - 9am - 11am" -- 01.10.2005

Old 01-10-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That didn't make any freaking sense whatsoever.
Spoiler:
Why didn't Jack say anything to the police about who he was?
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm new to 24. but it kind of looks like
Spoiler:
it's wrapped up... they follow the suspect by satellite, dispatch a swat team to the warehouse and save the sec of defense

the preview for next week kind of goes along with that
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought Jack was going to pull a Sheriff Bart and take himself hostage there for a second.
Old 01-10-05, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,065 Likes on 844 Posts
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
Spoiler:
it's wrapped up... they follow the suspect by satellite, dispatch a swat team to the warehouse and save the sec of defense
Every season starts that way - where it seems it can be all nice and tidy within 3 or 4 episodes.

Things usually get a bit contrived and out of control, but hey - it's entertaining
Old 01-10-05, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
That's what you think!

Wait until the mountain lion comes into play!
Old 01-10-05, 09:01 PM
Premium Member

Received 749 Likes on 493 Posts
So far, for me, very entertaining. Lots of action and the bad-ass factor is there (Jack and the "bad guys"). There is still some silly, but overall waaay better than last season.

The music score really stands out. I like it.
Old 01-10-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:

the preview for next week kind of goes along with that
It's never wrapped up. Some new twist is thrown in at some point. Even in S1 when it looked like the show was going to be canceled they filmed a twist scene so that the show could continue even though the main plot had "resolved".
Old 01-10-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There's a lot more than just this "trial", it's a diversion by the terrorists, there's a bigger fish they want to fry or blow up. Just you watch.
Old 01-10-05, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DGibFen
It's never wrapped up. Some new twist is thrown in at some point. Even in S1 when it looked like the show was going to be canceled they filmed a twist scene so that the show could continue even though the main plot had "resolved".
This season, the scizo chick will have amenesia after a mountain lion attack and set off a nuke while flying a helicopter to see the president's advisor.
Old 01-10-05, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought Jack was going to pull a Sheriff Bart and take himself hostage there for a second.

Mary Anne and Mya scare me. Mary Anne is way too Sherry, and Mya has Chase's Baby (and Michelle's brother) written all over her.

Eveything else is kicking ass.
Old 01-10-05, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to agree with a previous poster(s), I'm a little skeptical on the situation with Driscoll's daughter and MaryAnn from CTU (I can't seem to forget she was on Friends and recently on CSI).

Otherwise, great stuff.
Old 01-10-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RichC2
This season, the scizo chick will have amenesia after a mountain lion attack and set off a nuke while flying a helicopter to see the president's advisor.
And it will turn out that she's somehow related to Michelle, which allows her and Tony to hijack a van to save Jack from the cops, who, in an act of definance, will shoot and kill the Sec. of State, stating that he was RUNNING OUT OF TIME!
Old 01-10-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was surprised that Jack didn't also highjack a car because he had to know that there'd be roadblocks set up for that Lexus he was driving around in.
Old 01-10-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Any show in which the main character holds up a store to buy time gets my respect. Also, holding up the store was good because it got more info on the guy, and slashing his tires would have been an action too oriented towards the target. He's already suspicious about being followed and having someone mess with his car, and his car only, would just make the guy even more paranoid.

I wonder if mama Araz is going to take out the mother and make it 2 for 2. Killing the daughter, heck, even bringing her over for "questioning", was just a dumb, dumb move.

Finally, Chloe as a character I'm rooting for? Never thought that would happen.
Old 01-10-05, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, erm .. I'm getting kinda of annoyed by the whole CTU siutation each year. It's not grade school people. I dunno.. I've watched every season, and the CTU situation is always the same. Different people .. different threats ... but always the same ol' silliness. I thought the episode was pretty solid, but a real step down.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Would you believe the idiots in this CTU make CONTROL look like geniuses? Driscoll is doing the old don't trust someone smarter than you trick and loving it.
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by kantonburg
That didn't make any freaking sense whatsoever.
Spoiler:
Why didn't Jack say anything to the police about who he was?
i was thinking that while i was watching also but even if he did, just because he works for a certain organization doesnt justify what he did they would have to clear it with other people anyway. hmm i think what i just wrote is confusing enough not to spoil anything .

also why do people keep talking about people getting killed by mountain lions. is there some joke i missed the only thing i can think of with mountain lions is south park.
Old 01-10-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got to admit, the very same thought popped into my head.
Old 01-10-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Third Baseman
Well, erm .. I'm getting kinda of annoyed by the whole CTU siutation each year. It's not grade school people. I dunno.. I've watched every season, and the CTU situation is always the same. Different people .. different threats ... but always the same ol' silliness. I thought the episode was pretty solid, but a real step down.
This is one reason I didn't really watch the first episode with much interest. You can kind of figure out whats going to happen with CTU, and it is getting old, they need to shape it up a bit better. The field work is entertaining as ever though.
Old 01-10-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Third Baseman
I think this is what makes it fun for many people, the fact that it does seem like grade school, and the fact that it is pure silliness.

I know that's part of the reason why I always get sucked in and addicted to this crap!
Old 01-10-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like this season. Better than 2 or 3 thus far (though it will be hard to top 1). Anyway, most everything I like...even Chloe has a better role as the unlikely hero. Also, the evil mother is cool, and Sec. Heller is not some stock politican character like the President--he's got guts and real meat to him.

A couple of points to watch out for, however:
- a competitive, evil black female against her upright black male lover--have we seen this before?
- Jack robbing a gas station. More than a bit farfetched for what he had to do, however, at least this is finished.
- Driscoll's daughter--what? Do we really need to wrap ourselves in this plotline? The show's got enough to worry about.

None of these have gotten to the "bad" point yet, but it's good to keep an eye out considering that when "24" has failed in the past, it has in two ways. (1) They run out of ideas (Terri's amnesia anyone), or (2) they get wrapped up in unrealistic or too many plotlines.

So far I'm liking this cast. They really needed to clean house after last season. I liked Tony in 1 and 2, but he got on my nerves in 3, along with Michelle. Palmer is gone, and that's good only because they never had anything for him to do. And Kim...well, let's just be thankful she's down south.

The new cast is good. Sec. Heller is cool (already mentioned), the terrorist family is just plain evil (no "good" terrorists--interesting move in killing the girl), the daughter of the secretary is not nearly as annoying as past females (i.e. Kate Warner), and Jack is just awesome ('nuff said).

The show will jump the shark if and when Kiefer leaves or if and when they overshadow Jack's storylines with stupid stuff like Driscoll's faughter.

Overall, a from me, and I look forward to next Monday.

Last edited by Goldblum; 01-10-05 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-10-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by metsrule3186
also why do people keep talking about people getting killed by mountain lions. is there some joke i missed the only thing i can think of with mountain lions is south park.
Oh, dear.

You need to follow "The Adventures of Kim" in the second season.

On second thought...don't.
Old 01-10-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by The Cow
How would you know, you stopped watching, remember
I turned it off last night. That doesn't mean I didn't tape it and watch it today
Old 01-10-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Trelach24
The whole robbery thing bores me for some reason. This is the worst episode of any season.
Dude, you totally have fucking ADD
Old 01-10-05, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Dude, you totally have fucking ADD

I'd much rather have ADD than the flu right now. I tend to get a tad ornery when I'm sick.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.