Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

New Surreal Life

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know why i like this show so much, but I am addicted to it....though next week's episode looks pretty mediocre
Old 01-15-05, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by TheNightFlier

Don't know who Da Brat is, dont really care, but she'll bring some good drama.
What's really funny is that the only reason I know who she is is because the z-grade riotgrrl metal band Kittie covered one of her songs.
Old 01-15-05, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, Vern's "ehhhhhhhh" noices were freaking me out but then when he started to make out with the Brady dude I thought I might start going blind.
Old 01-15-05, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I have NEVER heard so many annoying voices in my life. There was what, 3 or 4 there? I loved the first three seasons but this one made me physically sick. I think hearing Chyna was like nails in my brain and than to see that she is clearly a woman that was once a man and surgery can sure do alot for a person (you guys HAVE seen her before the surgeries right?). Da Brat? What a dillusional idiot. The model was kinda quiet to judge, but seemed cool, and so did the Brady. But that GoGos chick was a bit annoying, yet seemed cool, I just dont dig the voice. The model was pretty damn hot and Im curious to see what shes like. And Vern... I felt sorry for him. I was laughing so hard, than just felt like a damn voyeur invading his privacy. Oh and not to be mean, but is he sick or something to have to ride the cart all the time? I had never heard anything of him being unable to walk, but Im guessing because of his condition his bones are weak or something. Oh and Chyna taking his room was pure shit. That was horrible and If I had been there, I would have wiped the floor with her, it just wasnt cool

So yea, I'll keep watching
Old 01-15-05, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
What's really funny is that the only reason I know who she is is because the z-grade riotgrrl metal band Kittie covered one of her songs.

I love KITTIE.
Old 01-15-05, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Oh and Chyna taking his room was pure shit. That was horrible and If I had been there, I would have wiped the floor with her, it just wasnt cool

So yea, I'll keep watching
Chyna taking the room and not giving it up as soon as they realized it was Vern's was bad. However, Vern proved to be a fuckin' DIVA when -after she totally gave in and simply asked him if she could move the stuff in the morning and sleep on the couch- was pa-the-tic on Vern's part.

I mean why was Vern being such a prick -AFTER- she tried to make "friendly" and make a deal that worked in Vern's favor?

Vern = Mini Diva
Old 01-15-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Chyna taking the room and not giving it up as soon as they realized it was Vern's was bad. However, Vern proved to be a fuckin' DIVA when -after she totally gave in and simply asked him if she could move the stuff in the morning and sleep on the couch- was pa-the-tic on Vern's part.

I mean why was Vern being such a prick -AFTER- she tried to make "friendly" and make a deal that worked in Vern's favor?

Vern = Mini Diva

Chyna got owned by a midget.
Old 01-15-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier

Chyna got owned by a midget.

True dat. I loved Chyna's "I could kick your tiny ass for goal because I'm pissed and drunk" look she gave Vern after he went "Diva" on her.
Old 01-15-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Da Brat reminds me of Foxy on Drawn Together.
Old 01-15-05, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
I swear, this first episode never gets old.
Old 01-18-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts
It's 12 days in the house. From TVGuide.com:

Brady Bro's Surreal Comeback
by Danny Spiegel

It's been 20 years since Christopher Knight — aka The Brady Bunch's Peter — has been active in showbiz (not including various Brady-related projects). But after a successful career in the computer industry, the man who made "pork chops and applesauce" part of the pop-culture lexicon is putting himself out there again. First, he got in shape on Discovery Health Channel's Body Challenge: Hollywood. Later, VH1's The Surreal Life (Sundays at 9 pm/ET) kindly provided him with a new — and much younger — girlfriend. Here, the Brady boy dishes the Surreal dirt...

TV Guide Online: You're "the stable one" this Surreal season, much like Erik Estrada was last year. Coincidentally, you did Body Challenge together before this.
Christopher Knight: When we were doing the Body Challenge, Erik exited for two weeks to do Surreal Life. So [before doing this show,] I called Erik and I called Dave Coulier [the Full House alum from Season 3]. They both said, "Definitely do it, but be very careful." And, most importantly, "Don't drink." Um, I drank after four hours. There was just no way to live in that house without drinking. Luckily, I never really got out of hand — I think. Although Adrianne seems to tell me that maybe I did. But she says I'm a cute drunk, so I guess that's OK.

TVGO: In the first episode, rapper Da Brat comes to get you after the drunk, naked Verne Troyer (aka Mini-Me) has just urinated outside your door. Were you thinking, "Get me out of here"?
Knight: It was, like, "Uh, OK... eleven more days of this? I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle that." [At least] there's nothing boring about being there. I suffer a little ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), so the environment was liberating because they took care of everything. You don't have a wallet, you don't get to drive, you don't get to decide what you're doing; they create your environment. For someone like me, that means that I can be distracted by less.
Old 01-21-05, 02:39 PM
Banned

Don't forget Jordan Knight was a dick too in Season 3 where he locked himself up in the room and he called his agent saying he hated it.
Old 01-21-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched a rebroadcast of the opening episode for this season and laughed louder than I have in quite some time. I don't know the large woman that's sleeping in Vern's room, but I found that hilarious. I don't think that I'll watch the entire season, but it was funny enough that I'll pause if I catch it.

I then saw a few minutes of Flava Flav and Bridgette Nielsen on another show that was supposedly spawned from this and found that a tad bit...I don't have words for that pairing.
Old 01-21-05, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
12 days!? Not even 2 weeks? Man, thats nothing
Old 01-23-05, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Some interesting "behond the scenes" stuff.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_sur...s_photos.jhtml
Old 01-23-05, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show is great. Verne drunk will be an all time best.
Old 01-23-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tonight's episode was really good. This season way turn out to be one of the best.
Old 01-23-05, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Beats last season's Brigette and Flav's romance, Ryan's bitching and Charo's voice!
Old 01-24-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If I was Christopher Knight, I'd get me some of Adrianne.
Verne's drunk fest was funny as hell!
Old 01-24-05, 10:55 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Verne's a bit of a jackass, but I did feel sorry for him in this episode. They should have tried harder to put together an outing that everybody could do.
Old 01-24-05, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

chyna scares me........she should have stuck to wrestling and ..... yeah wrestling
Old 01-24-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigsoos
If I was Christopher Knight, I'd get me some of Adrianne.
According to a recent interview on Howard Stern with Knight:
Spoiler:
They are moving/have moved in together since wrapping the show.

Does anyone else Marcus Schenkenberg is just a walking/talking bag of meat? He doesn't seem to do much of anything except look pretty, vapid and vacuous.

Last edited by rfduncan; 01-24-05 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-14-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Verne just about killed me last night. When Chyna and Adrienne were rasslin' Verne just deadpans
Spoiler:
I want to ejaculate

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Great episode. This season is such a vast improvement over last year.
Old 02-14-05, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
How many episodes of this season is there supposed to be? According to VH1's site I only see 2 new episodes over the next month: "I'm with Cupid," and "Seven Celebrities of Death (Part 1)." I assume there will be a Part 2, but they only seem to have a new episode every 2 weeks. How long is this going to drag out? this was only done over a 10 day period. I think it's pretty good, but come on with the new episodes already. This isn't Shakespeare. I don't see the need to stretch this series over 4 months or something.
Old 02-16-05, 08:39 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Holy crap those pitched shows were terrible. "We'll hijack shopping carts from homeless people!" WTF?