Reload this Page >

Fox's 24 **2 HOUR Premiere** 1/9/05!!!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fox's 24 **2 HOUR Premiere** 1/9/05!!!

Old 01-09-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Link_182
Liked everything except Jack getting knocked on his ass by the wannabe. Kinda made Jack look bad. But otherwise were off to a great start. Can't wait till tomorrow.
I guess wannabe only beat Jack because he's a littls rusty. The Araz parents are being waaaaay to paranoid about the girlfriend and all this is going to do is make her suspicious about other things than whether or not the Araz kid is seeing another girl. Great start though, and 2 more hours tomorrow! Huzzah!
Old 01-09-05, 10:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many things did you predict while you were watching?

I predicted

-The boys girlfriend will follow him
-Ronnie will die
-Secretary of Defense would get captured

but thats why I love 24,
Old 01-09-05, 10:50 PM

Great start to Season 4!! I just love how Jack can take charge of any situation within minutes of showing up.

Another for Ronnie getting killed off. I wasn't really feeling his character.
Old 01-09-05, 10:54 PM
Banned

Wow, Cant wait for the next 2 hours. Anyone else feel as akward as I do when words come out of Chloe's mouth, especially when she tried to be mean to the fat guy with a lisp.
Old 01-09-05, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I so wanted Jack to say "I'm gonna need a hacksaw" when he was "interrogating" the terrorist at CTU (and opted to just shot him in the thigh).

Can't believe Andrew (kidnapped hacker) was that little boy in "Witness" Lukas Haas. Also, how about Oliver from Six Feet Under showing up to take the briefcase from Behroozs.

Last edited by Patman; 01-09-05 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-09-05, 11:14 PM
Premium Member

Received 656 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I so wanted Jack to say "I'm gonna need a hacksaw" when he was "interrogating" the terrorist at CTU (and opted to just shot him in the thigh).
He coulda brought the funny, if he mumbled it when he was hand-cuffed to the pipe.
Old 01-09-05, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 894 Likes on 632 Posts
Originally Posted by Jordan Raup
How many things did you predict while you were watching?

I predicted

-The boys girlfriend will follow him
-Ronnie will die
-Secretary of Defense would get captured

but thats why I love 24,
I nailed Jack shooting the guy in the leg and then putting it to the guys head.
The son is definitely going to be a pain in his dad's ass about 10 episodes from now.

I think this is off to a better start than last season. Should have done a clean sweep though and ditched Chloe.

First hour, can we get a there's no time! Hell yeah!
Old 01-09-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Did someone in this thread just extole the virtues of season 1-3 then dump the show after 20 minutes?!?

What, Salazar killing is lawyer with the pen was more thrilling?!?

Dude, the greatest thing about 24 is waiting for the OMFG!!!!! moment that occurs at xx:58:30 every week!
Old 01-09-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Your 6th grade Michael Moore logic", man that was funny.
Old 01-09-05, 11:43 PM

When Behruz(?) had his back turned to the approaching guard, standing at the security fence, is it possible he took something out of the briefcase? It seemed like a pretty unnecessary moment if he didn't do something sneaky.
Old 01-09-05, 11:45 PM

love it so far, waiting for the start to the second hour at nine Awesome
Old 01-10-05, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Link_182
Tony & Michelle will be back for sure, and it's very possible Palmer will return in some capacity. I would expect them to bring back Kim and Chase at some point as well. Even if not in a major role. But thats just my guess.
I could see Jack giving Kim and Chase a call so they have their apperance. They could go to where Tony is (Michelle happens to be visiting) to ask for info he knows while working at CTU.
Old 01-10-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Tony and Michelle will have a bigger role during the later parts of the day. Possiblity to have Palmer in it. But for the time being you will just have to settle with Allstate ads.
Old 01-10-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Excellent first couple episodes, as I expected. I love this show.

Only disappointed that none of the reoccuring characters showed up, save Chloe. I can't imagine it would have been too hard to work Tony and Michelle or at least Chase into this season. But then again, who cares, so long as Jack is there.

I figured Ronnie had to die for Jack to get in control, but it was kinda lame that the bad guy got away because Jack caused a distraction that led to Ronnie being seen. So pretty much Ronnie's death was Jack's fault.

Then again, who cares? I love this show. Everything else is pretty much perfect, imo.
Old 01-10-05, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Tony and Michelle will have a bigger role during the later parts of the day. Possiblity to have Palmer in it. But for the time being you will just have to settle with Allstate ads.
I switched insurance because the president told me to. Awesome beginning.
Old 01-10-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Please be good this entire "season". Please be good this entire "season".

Nice to see that Chloe grew a set, though I still don't like her. However, I was able to tolerate her since she was a "familiar face" [though I wouldn't have eggs with her].

I knew that chick Debbie was going to be a psycho valley chick and follow Osama Jr. Let's hope for a long, lengthy torture scene is in her future.

And, while I miss Tony, Michelle and Palmer, William Devane's been pretty entertaining..
Old 01-10-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I figured Ronnie had to die for Jack to get in control, but it was kinda lame that the bad guy got away because Jack caused a distraction that led to Ronnie being seen. So pretty much Ronnie's death was Jack's fault.
I didn't notice; What did Jack do? Didn't the guy just see him in the rear view?
Old 01-10-05, 12:41 AM

Anyway to watch this show on widescreen? Or is it only available for HDTVs?
Old 01-10-05, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 694 Likes on 505 Posts
They kill the Frequency guy? That sucks.
Old 01-10-05, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What A Premiere!!!~!~!!
Old 01-10-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Off to a great start. Gotta love the return of both badass Jacks on tv again.
to the "new" CTU though. What a bunch of ho-hums. I want some Reiko Aylesworth!
Old 01-10-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
They kill the Frequency guy? That sucks.

That was not Jim Cavievel (sp)
Old 01-10-05, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Skull
Anyway to watch this show on widescreen? Or is it only available for HDTVs?
3 options: HDTV, DVDs, or downloading it from the always unnamed sources we can't speak of around here.

as for the episodes, i thought they were great. is it just me or does this season seem like its flowing at a more believable pace? what i mean is in previous seasons characters would leave for some destination before the commercial break and then when the show resumes they are magically arriving from their 3 minute trip when it should have taken 8-10 minutes. yes, i know its a TV show but it just seems to be a bit more realistic this go-around, time wise.

good seeing ronnie dispatched but i kind of wish it hadn't happened so soon. not because i liked his character (which i didn't) but because i think the interaction between ronnie and jack could have been interesting. seeing how ronnie didn't realize he needed jack's help until after he ate a couple hollow points, the relationship between the two of them (or lack thereof) seemed like a waste of time.

i expect tony to have a fairly large role in the season but i don't think he'll appear for a couple more episodes. and i agree with the theory of kim and chase showing up once or twice in phone call multi-shots. anything more than that would be overkill and pointless. they've given a reasonable explaination for the closure of their characters..leave it at that.

one thing i don't like is the audrey situation paralleling two different seasons...season 1 (the kidnapping plot) and season 3 (the relationship behind the father's back). but i'm not gnna nitpick.

bring on hour 3 and 4.
Old 01-10-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FRICKIN' A!!! that was the best start to any show i have ever seen. i can not wait until tomorrow. thank God for 24...its the only show i can really watch (when the sopranos isn't on).

jack is the man! and i dont care what anyone says...i love chloe. she is so good at what she does.

this is really wierd...its only a TV show and i hate TV shows! this show has me so hyped...

...what about when that missle that went rippin' behind jack's girls head and the sec. pretty sick!!!

jack has got a nugget in that girl of his.

i love the knock on mike moore...hilarious\

i love the subliminal knock on the extreme leftist-freak-protesters (chill...i do undestand that there are extreme-righty-freaks too )...you know, the same people that are saying they want to help the country but are actually weakening it by showing sympathy to those that hate us.

this show rules TV!!!
Old 01-10-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you think there was a real reason for Audrey to still be in her marriage as far as the story goes? It just makes Jack seem like someone with bad judgement. Not that all of his decision have been perfect.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.