Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 6 - 01/04/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who Will Be Eliminated Next?
Freddy/The Amazing Racist (aka That Whiny Bitch)
8.16%
TAPOSTNNBN/Victoria
8.16%
Hayden/Aaron
0%
Kris/Jon
0%
Gus/Hera
22.45%
Rebecca/Mommy's Little Boy
10.20%
Lori/Bolo
42.86%
nobody
8.16%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 6 - 01/04/05

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 04:08 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason why everyone wants Kris is ...She's not a complainer/panicker/weakling. She carries around her own weight, she's strong, independent, and doesn't need to say "Wait Brandon!" like Nikki did and cry. She's not like Hayden either. Under conditions of extreme stress and exhaustion, Kris amazingly keeps up this happy, positive attitude. To me, she's like an alien, how can a woman so perfect exist on this world? And she never complains, she works with Jon as a team. Jon, you lucky bastard.... She's HOT. She may not have a rack as big as Hayden's, or an ass as tight as Rebecca's, but she has the perfect body. And she's a good player, she said, "You can do it, girl" to Victoria. She's not airheaded either, and she's open-minded. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR!?!?!
"Oooh, it's vibraty" .... MY GOD

I think if Rebecca had a big rack, everyone would be drooling over her. She has undeniably the best ass. It's fit, toned, tight, and always in your face.

"Distract him!" "HI!!!" lol

Victoria has a nice body, but her eyebrows distorts her look and she always crying.

I think Lori and Bolo should've used the FF, which they did, because they looked really tired.
Edit: I especially liked it when Bolo said, "He messed my face up, he messed my face up. Ain't gonna take no pictures with that face! (Falsetto) SUPERMODEL!!!!" ROFLMAO

Last edited by MarryMeKris; 01-06-05 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-06-05, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally Posted by Chew
Glad to see the producers were able to make us all think the wrestlers would be gone only to come in first.

Not me, I called it (along with others, of COURSE ):
Originally Posted by shoppingbear
...I predict they'll catch up somehow, or it'll be a non-elim leg.

Too many "Will the wrestlers EVER be able to catch up??" promos, it made me more and more sure that they WOULD be able to.

Also, what's up with this "to be continued" rubbish?? That was just two separate episodes but with no pitstop in between, just the timing worked out to practically force most of the teams (except for the still-travelling wrestlers) to spend the night in a hotel. Weird.
Old 01-06-05, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Also nice is how STUPID Kendra was with that "look at the floor" comment. Gee that's really smart, someone is trying an eating contest and you tell them hey look at the puke over there on the floor, classic..
She told him to NOT look... stupid, still, because of course he would look after that, but still, not a huge surprise, the smell must've been noticeable by that point!
Old 01-06-05, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
BTW, Kris is now tied with Jonathan as my most hated player after she gushed about how much she missed AOL.
Yeah, but did you notice how edited that sounded? I listened to it a couple of times (had taped it) and it sounded like "I miss... AOL" with AOL in a completely different-sounding tone. I'm guessing she said SOMETHING like "I miss email... sucks it's AOL though...." and they edited it!
Old 01-06-05, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice wallpaper on that Lena site...
Old 01-06-05, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Nabalab
And while we're on the subject of official websites of this season's contestants, here's Lena's.
She has a great pair of legs.

And they took them away from us prematurely.

Last edited by B.A.; 01-06-05 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-06-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B.A.
She has a great pair of legs.

And they took them away from us prematurely.
Bastards.
Old 01-06-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
She told him to NOT look... stupid, still, because of course he would look after that, but still, not a huge surprise, the smell must've been noticeable by that point!
First off, watch the name calling here shoppingbear, or did I misunderstand your grammar above that you are calling me "stupid". Anyone can back me up on this, but I just replayed the tape and she says "Oh my God, you should see the underneath of everyone else's table honey. (PUKE) You're a champ." She does not say "DON"T LOOK OVER THERE", check the tape if you do not believe me. Get your facts straight if you are going to try and call someone out.

Last edited by Schloob1; 01-06-05 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-06-05, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
Actually, last year's challenge was ice hockey. And I have to tell you, watching a model try to score on a semi-pro water polo goalie is nowhere near as funny as watching a midget try to score on a semi-pro ice hockey goalie.
Actually, I recall correctly, Mirna and Charla(sp.?) were the goalies and they had to block the shots. But I could be wrong.
Old 01-06-05, 11:28 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
How do you know this? The producers sure did a bad job of showing it if that is the case.
When Gus & Hera completed the raft task and got their clue, it said "Currently in 6th Place" below their names on the onscreen graphic. Then it cut almost immediately to Kendra & Freddy doing the water polo. I distinctly remember this because I was surprised G&H weren't completely last at that point.
Old 01-06-05, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Oh, and I meant to mention this earlier, but I guess the railcar thing was structured with the express purpose of splitting the contestants up in a way that they didn't know who took the FF?

das
Did not notice anyone respond to you, but you would not really know who did or did not go after a FF by this matter of "splitting up". The contestants are already split up when they get in their cabs or try walking around searching for cabs for example. It would be one thing if there were say exact directions and the FF was say left and the way to the detour was right and other teams see you go left then you of course know for sure they went to the FF but it is not. Hopefully my rambling did not confuse as opposed to answer your question.
Old 01-07-05, 12:37 AM

First off, watch the name calling here shoppingbear, or did I misunderstand your grammar above that you are calling me "stupid". Anyone can back me up on this, but I just replayed the tape and she says "Oh my God, you should see the underneath of everyone else's table honey. (PUKE) You're a champ." She does not say "DON"T LOOK OVER THERE", check the tape if you do not believe me. Get your facts straight if you are going to try and call someone out.
"Call someone out"?? I'm sorry, but in this little universe, you might need your sense of humor, and suggesting I'm "calling someone out"?? Umm, no.

What I said was, "She told him to NOT look... stupid, still, because of course he would look after that, but still, not a huge surprise, the smell must've been noticeable by that point!"

What that means is, She told him to NOT look, which was still stupid of her to do, because of course he would look. As in, tell someone to NOT look, and that's what they WILL do, making her remark pretty stupid still, but not as stupid as TELLING him to look. I called her stupid.

I thought she said something about You better not look under everyone else's seat, but it's a minor detail. Chill out, OK?
Old 01-07-05, 06:44 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Great episode, now that I was able to watch it.
I would hate to have worked in that resturant. At one point, I saw one of the musicians make a gagging face, but I wasn't sure if he was mocking them or truly gagging.

The water polo part was funny to watch. I can't recall who it was, but when he says "I owned that goalie" I laughed.

The official players probably didn't even try because they didn't want to tie them up too long in the pool. Plus it didn't look all that warm outside.

I think I'm rooting for Lori and Bolo now. I didn't mind Gus and Hera, sorry to see them go. I was giddy at the resturant thinking Victoria might not finish and they would be gone. I feel bad for her. I'd really like her to win, as long as Johnathon wasn't involved.
Old 01-07-05, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Call someone out"?? I'm sorry, but in this little universe, you might need your sense of humor, and suggesting I'm "calling someone out"?? Umm, no.

What I said was, "She told him to NOT look... stupid, still, because of course he would look after that, but still, not a huge surprise, the smell must've been noticeable by that point!"

What that means is, She told him to NOT look, which was still stupid of her to do, because of course he would look. As in, tell someone to NOT look, and that's what they WILL do, making her remark pretty stupid still, but not as stupid as TELLING him to look. I called her stupid.

I thought she said something about You better not look under everyone else's seat, but it's a minor detail. Chill out, OK?
First off, my sense of humor is just fine. I then did misunderstand which is fine,since as forum members we do not need to be calling each other names. People on the amazing race, now that is another story of course. However as you now state in your last sentence this is how you should have originally replied and there never would have been any problem whatsoever.

It is very CONVENIENT after the fact that you now say "I thought" she said that, then say so in the first place so it is not interperted
as "calling someone out". That is all I ask of myself and everyone else that I have ever dealt with in life. If I do not know something to be accurate I am not going to tell someone else "She told him to NOT" when it may be something I only thought.
Old 01-07-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

schloob...chill man I don't think he meant it as a personal attack as you seem to have taken it.
Old 01-07-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

RABBLE!

das
Old 01-07-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
das Monkey, did you just call me a RABBLE? Thats it, i'm calling you out for that personal attack!
Old 01-07-05, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Let the Great Ninja/Monkey War of 2005 begin!!!!
Old 01-07-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nabalab
And while we're on the subject of official websites of this season's contestants, here's Lena's.
With all of these model/actress type chicks being cast, there has got to be some nudes of them somewhere.

Lena's legs

Lena's everything

What's up with the titles of the pop up pics though? Vioxx? Personal lawyers? WTF?
Old 01-07-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

B.A.

Let the Great Ninja/Monkey War of 2005 begin!!!!
Mwuahahaha ... you know the pirates will side with me!

das
Old 01-07-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by movieking

What's up with the titles of the pop up pics though? Vioxx? Personal lawyers? WTF?

I was JUST about to say that I had NO IDEA that she was a personal injury lawyer!
Old 01-07-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Mwuahahaha ... you know the pirates will side with me!

das
Old 01-07-05, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitobite

schloob...chill man I don't think he meant it as a personal attack as you seem to have taken it.

Last edited by shoppingbear; 01-07-05 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-08-05, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whatever to you and mosquitobite, as I said in my response back to you, that all was fine since I did misunderstand you as far as the stupid remark. No need after that mosquitobite of continuing with your additional Chill remark.

Let us all now get back to our regular programming
Old 01-08-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let us all now get back to our regular programming
Jonathan must die.
Kendra is a bitch.
Kris is hot.
Rebecca's ass =

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.