DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The New Screensavers sucks (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/398069-new-screensavers-sucks.html)

sjrab16 11-29-04 06:34 PM

The New Screensavers sucks

I could only watch for a few minutes, had to change the channel. Of course that was when they were doing the tatoo shirts. Of course I am still trying to figure out what that has to do with technology. Gotta love the new screensavers

Me007gold 11-29-04 06:52 PM

you supprised, once it left tech tv, i stoped wathing it. no leo = no sale

Jackskeleton 11-29-04 07:03 PM

no shit, why are you so surprised? The day G4 took it in, it was DOA.

Phodg 11-29-04 07:16 PM

Oh yes. I turned over for a few minutes just to make sure I wasn't mising anything. And I wasn't. It's horrible.

movieking 11-29-04 08:00 PM

They had to lock down the Irc channel because of everyone saying how bad it sucked. Everyone loved the old Kevin spitting on the new Kevin though.

The no audience thing is weird for me. I think that it needs an audience for interaction purposes.

Kevi Mitnick was pretty good though

Enright 11-29-04 09:06 PM

The new guy is aweful. He has no chemisty with any of the old hosts and he often makes himself look like an idiot. He and Kevin are constant talking over one another.

Chew 11-30-04 06:05 AM

Originally posted by movieking
The no audience thing is weird for me. I think that it needs an audience for interaction purposes.
I don't know, there was a regular during the last revamp that would hoot and "whooo" over every cool thing. It got very annoying.

movieking 11-30-04 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Chew
I don't know, there was a regular during the last revamp that would hoot and "whooo" over every cool thing. It got very annoying.
I can see that being annoying, but last night it was almost like the hosts were waiting for some reaction when making some comments. It's like they need people to validate their jokes or comments with laughs or applause. Pretty annoying.

Seriously, just cancel the freaking show. It can't be saved.

TheMadMonk 11-30-04 12:11 PM

The show started out without an audience, back with Kate & Leo, and Patrick & Leo, and those shows were good, so the show, when good, doesn't really "need" an audience.

I do wish they would just cancel it. I have watched every incarnation, good and bad, and I fear I may watch this new version, too!

Feneant 11-30-04 01:37 PM

I love how fake Kevin says that the chat was bogged down with people saying that the show sucks.

And I concur, it is officially ruined.

nny 11-30-04 02:13 PM

You're all wrong. I'll watch every episode Immy's on. He hasn't really been that funny on G4, but I have faith he'll continue to get better. I was starting to think that his internet radio show wasn't as funny as I remembered, but after looking for years, I finally found his old shows to download. I still think they're great. Here they are for anybody that wants to hear Immy at his best: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=5360

Breakfast with Girls 11-30-04 04:18 PM

Originally posted by Feneant
fake Kevin
:lol:

MJKTool 11-30-04 04:31 PM

You mean the new show sucks even more than the old (G4 merger) sucky show? How is this possible?

Mr. Salty 11-30-04 05:16 PM

I'm watching it tonight because some folks from DVD Review are going to be there, but after that this show is dead to me.

Tracer Bullet 11-30-04 05:41 PM

I am fighting against my desire to watch it. I don't want my fond memories of the Kate & Leo and Patrick & Leo hosted Screensavers to be overwritten by a load of crappy new ones.

TheMadMonk 11-30-04 06:24 PM

After watching the first new show, I'm going to give it some more time. I didn't think it was that bad. Maybe even a slight improvement over Kevin & Alex. But that is just one show, we'll see what happens.

I think it is better without the audience. It forces them to focus more on the home viewer, than to keep pandering to idiots screaming "wooooo!", and wasting time passing out little trinkets to the audience to get their approval.

boredsilly 11-30-04 11:45 PM

Originally posted by nny
You're all wrong. I'll watch every episode Immy's on. He hasn't really been that funny on G4, but I have faith he'll continue to get better. I was starting to think that his internet radio show wasn't as funny as I remembered, but after looking for years, I finally found his old shows to download. I still think they're great. Here they are for anybody that wants to hear Immy at his best: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=5360
Thanks for that!

Canis Firebrand 12-01-04 06:56 AM

I watched it last night.
It wasn't all that bad.

Though I was used to Kevin(Rose) as the host and now he's off on the sidelines.

I thought I was watching a repeat when it first started(until the new members were shown), as it had the same opening, just the different faces in the clips. I thought they would have changed the opening as well.

As much as everyone seemed to hate him, I didn't mind Alex. Sure, he was goofy and could be annoying. But it played off decent with Kevin(Rose).

Chew 12-01-04 07:02 AM

After seeing two episodes now, Kevin R is still "host" level as far as I'm concerned. He may not stand at the desk and he may not be introduced as such, but he's there directing segments just as much (or more) as either of the main hosts are. When I read he was going back to doing what he loves most, I thought it meant he would show up with Dark Tips like he did when Leo/Patrick were hosting.

Rico Diablo 12-02-04 06:20 PM

I missed a few days and turned it on tonight to see this ridiculous new incarnation.

What happened? Who the f are these new people? They really have no screen presence .I agree that Alex wasn't great, but he was okay. I think this show is now dead to me. Rats.

Mr. Salty 12-02-04 09:21 PM

I can't get past the fact that Fake Kevin always comes off like a dickhead gamer doofus who acts superior to everyone else around him. He has zero likability.

RalphWiggum 12-02-04 09:27 PM

Did anyone catch what Kevin Rose said when he told which server and character names he has for World Of Warcraft?

Chew 12-03-04 06:04 AM

Originally posted by RalphWiggum
Did anyone catch what Kevin Rose said when he told which server and character names he has for World Of Warcraft?
The episode should be replayed today (12/03) at Noon EST, if you're able to watch it again.

nny 12-03-04 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
I can't get past the fact that Fake Kevin always comes off like a dickhead gamer doofus who acts superior to everyone else around him. He has zero likability.
Hehe, the thing I miss most from his radio show is his more acrimonious rants. He is superior to everybody there and I wish he would let it out. I think he's trying too hard to be nice and likable.

TheMadMonk 12-03-04 03:07 PM

I do think 2 things have improved with the new show:

1) They almost have 4 part-time hosts now, with the 2 Kevins, Chi-Lan, and Sarah. Since none of them is the perfect host, I think this spreads the pain around a bit.

2) The studio audience added nothing to the show. It is better without it.