DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Boston Legal 11/8/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/394797-boston-legal-11-8-04-a.html)

Patman 11-07-04 09:27 PM

Boston Legal 11/8/04

Just a guess regarding the case with the guy needing his child's stored cord blood:

Spoiler:
He's not the child's biological father, thus the ex-wife is refusing to allow him access to the cord blood for fear of her infidelity to be exposed.

NORML54601 11-07-04 10:04 PM

The more I watch this show, the better I like it. Shatner was excellent as usual and the motel scene in at the end was well done.

Does anyone know what song was playing in the background during the scene with James Spader & Dana Delany in the bar?

B.A. 11-07-04 10:04 PM

Nice guess, buddy. :beer:

James Spader is a god amongst men when it comes to actors. He kicked major ass this ep. And Shatner continues to bring the funny.

TheKing 11-07-04 11:08 PM

It's funny, I'm watching Star Trek Season 2 on DVD and whenever Shatner delivers a line, I expect him to finish it with a "James T. Kirk"

Just imagining it tacked on at the end makes many of those episodes that much better.

Red Dog 11-08-04 07:48 AM

I loved this episode. Big surprise at the end - figuring it would be Dana Delany in the bed. I hope that bringing Alan and Tara together doesn't mess things up.

AndyCapps 11-08-04 08:30 AM

Denny Crane

Patman 11-08-04 08:48 AM

Alan laid the smackdown on the incoming mayor, nice scene.

Lori's dilemna (whether to reveal the truth of her client's son not being his biological son) wasn't all that interesting in how it played out (another lie to cover out the first lie, and also get the heat off of her from Peter).

No Brad.

Sally's case wasn't as funny as it could have been, even it was used to to allow Denny to bring in some business after Peter gave him the "you're not pulling your weight" speech to Denny.

Alway good to see Dana Delaney on TV. The character moments between her character and Alan were pretty good, and the ending with Alan and that mysterious/delicious backside of a woman in that cheesy Aloha motel was a good reveal when Tara was shown to be the woman in bed.

Cartload 11-08-04 09:18 AM

They really need to drop Monica Potter from the show. Her plotlines are incredibly dull.

Denny Crane.

tofu 11-08-04 10:19 AM

Finally get to see Tara and Alan together :thumbsup: Hopefully, this is just the beginning to more debauchery. BTW, what happened to Brad? I missed their banter.

I'm surprised that Lori is still doing criminal law.

I can't believe that Denny bills $3500 an hour. Wow.

B.A. 11-08-04 01:45 PM

Originally posted by tofu
BTW, what happened to Brad? I missed their banter.
Agreed - I always find the give-and-take between Spader and Valley to be quite amusing. And it always ends up w/ Keen Eddie making a goofy-face.

movieking 11-08-04 04:25 PM

Brad is my favorite part of this show.

As for the stored blood case, who couldn't see that coming from a mile away? Sheesh! C'mon writers, do better!

MrX 11-08-04 05:55 PM

"You said we were missing out on the golden shower":lol:

Good episode.

Legolas 11-08-04 06:35 PM

You know, I was wondering why Rene Auberjonois is only listed as a guest star and not a regular when he's been in every episode. But his character's continuous conflicts with Denny and now with Alan are probably the writing on the wall.

Chew 11-09-04 05:54 AM

I was waiting for that mayor-guy to slug Alan. Actually, I'm a bit surprised more people haven't done so. :lol:

Legolas 11-15-04 06:13 PM

Looks like my last post was wrong. Rene Auberjonois is going to be elevated to an opening credits regular character now, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Cartload 11-15-04 08:22 PM

Good news. The Trek connection lives! He's definitely one of the top 3 characters of the show and provides a good balance to the wacky Denny Crane.

Patman 11-15-04 08:46 PM

Odo gets some well deserved love.