DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dead Like Me - 10/17/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/391459-dead-like-me-10-17-04-a.html)

Xander 10-19-04 08:53 AM

Dead Like Me - 10/17/04

Good ep this week. Liked seeing George take that guy down at Happy Time. Loved Mason's storyline, all around. Nice to see that he really cares about everyone (not that I doubted it!). Guess my question about the graveling was answered. He became a graveling because he was killed without a post-it. Interesting. Wonder how often that happens? Interesting that Roxy covered up for them. And sad about JD. Stupid Clair! :mad:

Next week's looks good...

Spoiler:

More Rube stuff and the return of Lisa Simpson!

X

Groucho 10-19-04 09:07 AM

They continued to dodge the issue of whether George looks like she did before death, by having her family "just miss" seeing her in the waffle house...and by her hiding behind trees and such.

Good storyline for Mason, although I saw the resolution coming from the beginning.

Why, oh why, is it that everytime the parental warnings tempt us with "Brief Nudity" on this show it always turns out to be some dude's butt? Or in this case, TWO butts. :(

JasonF 10-19-04 09:28 AM

"Hey look! A pterodactyl!"
"Did I really just fall for that?"

Tracer Bullet 10-19-04 01:57 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Why, oh why, is it that everytime the parental warnings tempt us with "Brief Nudity" on this show it always turns out to be some dude's butt? Or in this case, TWO butts. :(
I for one enjoyed seeing Mason's ass.

This show is nowhere near as good as it was last season. It feels like it's been in a holding pattern all season.

MJG87 10-19-04 03:00 PM

I saw the first 4 eps this season and thought it was getting even better than last season, although I haven't seen the rest of the episodes since I cancelled a few premium channels to save on costs. I guess I'll just have to judge for myself when this is released on DVD

MGBGT 10-19-04 04:38 PM

They continued to dodge the issue of whether George looks like she did before death, by having her family "just miss" seeing her in the waffle house...and by her hiding behind trees and such.
ITA--How much longer can they do it that way? I'm wondering if they're saving the tearful reunion for the series finale.

Good storyline for Mason, although I saw the resolution coming from the beginning.
Too funny--Purple post-it was issued because Rube ran out of yellow ones! :lol :lol

ITA--When is Daisy going to get her turn??

Xander 10-20-04 01:22 PM

I don't see anything happening with the George/Millie storyline. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you guys are reading too much into it. I guess we'll see.

I don't know if I think this season is better than last season, but I am loving it at least as much as last season. It's still my favorite show on TV right now.

If you want to see Daisy's goods, just watch the end of the Faculty. It doesn't leave much to the imagination. :eyebrow:

X

ChrisHicks 10-20-04 02:14 PM

Originally posted by Xander

If you want to see Daisy's goods, just watch the end of the Faculty. It doesn't leave much to the imagination. :eyebrow:

X

or the movie Habitat.

jason978 10-21-04 11:24 PM

maybe I'm missing something but in season 1 they clearly showed what millie looked liked. they look nothing alike.

:(

ytrez 10-22-04 08:32 AM

I didn't see this as a dodge. I don't think it was fear of them recognizing her, just more of his belief that reapers should avoid their old attachments. And also how George might react if she unexpected encountered her family and the the impact it would have on her to not be able to sit down and join them, etc. Hell, she'd be miserable for weeks & he'd have to deal with her every morning!

It might be interesting though if George were to run into Joy at Happy Time, though.

dstrauss 10-22-04 09:21 AM

Originally posted by jason978
maybe I'm missing something but in season 1 they clearly showed what millie looked liked. they look nothing alike.
Yes, but the problem is that several times this season, during her celeb reap, and at the country club, "Millie" has been seen as really hot by the living guys around her. And Daisy has been seen as hot by a lot of living guys.

That doesn't jibe with what we saw last season, especially with how Millie looks.

nazz 10-22-04 07:43 PM

Originally posted by ytrez
I didn't see this as a dodge. I don't think it was fear of them recognizing her, just more of his belief that reapers should avoid their old attachments. And also how George might react if she unexpected encountered her family and the the impact it would have on her to not be able to sit down and join them, etc. Hell, she'd be miserable for weeks & he'd have to deal with her every morning!

It might be interesting though if George were to run into Joy at Happy Time, though.

I was thinking that Rube was trying to keep George from seeing them too. Its eems to me like their just hoping we'll forget the original concept of how she looked to the living.

BTW...wasn't there an episode where they found Rube's massive stash of yellow post its at his apartment?

dvdguy 10-22-04 08:51 PM

Originally posted by nazz
BTW...wasn't there an episode where they found Rube's massive stash of yellow post its at his apartment?
Yup. I assume this is Rube's only crew and that he's not out giving post-it notes to other reapers after he sends them on their way from the waffle house. So maybe they've been really busy. All those turtle fans on the bus must have be 30 or 50 post it notes alone!

Tracer Bullet 10-23-04 01:00 AM

Originally posted by nazz
I was thinking that Rube was trying to keep George from seeing them too. Its eems to me like their just hoping we'll forget the original concept of how she looked to the living.

After doing a little research, it seems pretty clear that they're just ignoring stuff that they don't want to deal with anymore. The creator of the show quit after the third episode, apparently over creative differences with the network.

George's father was also supposed to be gay, which I called after watching the pilot.

This season has pretty much been a disappointment for me... if it comes back for a third, I won't be watching.

http://www.afterellen.com/People/bry...interview.html
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/advance/01_interview.html