DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives - 10/17/04 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/391133-desperate-housewives-10-17-04-a.html)

B.A. 10-17-04 11:31 AM

Desperate Housewives - 10/17/04

"Pretty Little Picture"

Spoiler:
Despite their chaotic personal lives, the women decide to follow through with the big dinner party the late Mary Alice had planned to host.

Cast: Sheryl Lee, Mark Moses, Cody Kasch, Teri Hatcher, Andrea Bowen, Marcia Cross, Michael Reilly Burke, Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria, Ricardo Antonio Chavira, James Denton, Kyle Searles, Doug Savant, Christine Estabrook, Zane Huette, Shane Kinsman, Brent Kinsman, Shawn Pyfrom, Joy Lauren, Sam Lloyd.
Director(s): Arlene Sanford.
Producer(s): Charles Pratt Jr., Marc Cherry, Tom Spezialy, Michael Edelstein.
Writer(s): Oliver Goldstick.

Original Airdate: October 17, 2004.

movieking 10-17-04 04:58 PM

I can't wait for this. Definitely one of the best new shows of the season. This is a great year for new shows :up:

mookiemeister 10-17-04 05:10 PM

I haven't been this impatient waiting another week for a new episode for a long time.

Patman 10-17-04 06:08 PM

I was watching the replay last night on HD, and noticed that Eva Longoria (Gabriele) has what appears to be broken white glass for her bottom teeth, definitely distracting in HD.

Geofferson 10-17-04 06:14 PM

Looking forwad to it!

B.A. 10-17-04 08:49 PM

"Rex cries after he ejaculates."

rotfl

What a cold humorless bitch!

RichC2 10-17-04 08:58 PM

Originally posted by B.A.

rotfl

:whofart: rotfl

Dr. DVD 10-17-04 09:06 PM

That line from Bree left me in tears. :lol:

For some reason, this show reminds me a lot of American Beauty, except its focus is upon women.

cliffzig 10-17-04 09:39 PM

Ooops, TiVo users are gonna miss the last bits. I am recording the replay on Saturday night to catch it all.

Oh, and damn you ABC, keep it within the alloted time limit!

treszoks 10-17-04 09:45 PM

Yeah, what happened the last minute or so when she gets out of bed and looks out the window at the end? Tivo cut off.

Geofferson 10-17-04 09:53 PM

Originally posted by treszoks
Yeah, what happened the last minute or so when she gets out of bed and looks out the window at the end? Tivo cut off.
We see the dead lady's husband (forgot his name) putting up a "For Sale" sign in his front yard.

Patman 10-17-04 10:57 PM

I about pissed my pants when Bree uttered that line. That, so far, is the line of the new fall 2004 season. Oh damn, I was LOL for like 2 minutes afterwards. I had to pause my ReplayTV to catch my breath.

Overall, the seeds of how children learn the value of leverage and blackmail are sowed, and Gabriele's feet and credit card pay the price.

Mike has impeccable timing.

Lynette has a sly streak about her, she's overworked, but cool.

Bree's own reality is such a strange and "perfect" place where no man would hope to keep up with her and her appearances of perfection to the outside world.

Good episode. Teri Hatcher is so much more appealing in the comedic bits.

DeadLamb 10-17-04 11:34 PM

Originally posted by Patman
on HD, and noticed that Eva Longoria (Gabriele) has what appears to be broken white glass for her bottom teeth, definitely distracting in HD.
ah but as Townsend said in Hollywood Shuffle - Ya don't throw away a Rolls Royce just because it has a dent in it :)

HistoryProf 10-18-04 03:35 AM

can someone spoilerize a summary for me? i completely spaced this....

mkdevo 10-18-04 06:09 AM

was this not in HD for anyone else? my ABC HD channel aired it in SD. :(

B.A. 10-18-04 07:03 AM

Originally posted by brizz
can someone spoilerize a summary for me? i completely spaced this....
Watch ABC's replay next Saturday.

Groucho 10-18-04 08:00 AM

What is with networks running shows over? First NBC, now ABC? Grr...

Getting locked out of your house naked? What an original gag! Ho ho ho.

Also, forgot to mention this last week but there is a goof in the opening credits. In it, the painting "American Gothic" is shown to give an example of an maligned housewife. However, contrary to popular belief, that is not a painting of a man and wife, but rather, of a man and his daughter.

http://web.nwe.ufl.edu/~gulmer/s03/z...can-gothic.gif

Dr. DVD 10-18-04 08:07 AM

Gabriele makes me feel funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

Charlie Goose 10-18-04 08:27 AM

I liked the episode, although Teri Hatcher losing her towel and getting locked out of the house naked seemed a little too sitcommy, like you were watching "I Love Lucy".

Dr. DVD 10-18-04 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I liked the episode, although Teri Hatcher losing her towel and getting locked out of the house naked seemed a little too sitcommy, like you were watching "I Love Lucy".

I think the show's ability to be funny and not all serious is part of its appeal.

Groucho 10-18-04 08:53 AM

I don't have a problem with the show being humorous (indeed I consider it a comedy), BUT that scene was just lazy, Comedy Writing 101 stuff.

Red Dog 10-18-04 09:13 AM

Originally posted by B.A.

rotfl

OMG! My reaction....."She did not just say that!!!"

tofu 10-18-04 11:04 AM

The show is surprsinigly funny. Teri Hatcher seems kinda like how she was on Lois and Clark where she was semi serious, semi funny.

The home schooled kid looks scary to me, especially when she's first introduced to Gabrielle and her husband. It was like she was Damien's sister.

Fok 10-18-04 11:05 AM

Yep Bree's line was so funny.

Meteu185 10-18-04 11:39 AM

Something about the home-schooled kid was given out as a spoiler on Oprah this past week. I don't know what it is, and I made my girlfriend promise not to tell me.