Random Simpsons question

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Random Simpsons question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-04, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Count Dooku
What an arse.

excuse me? Perhaps you shouldn't make a bold personal attack like that. Perhaps if you take a look at who I'm responding to then you would get a better idea. Jolt and me have a little history together and that was ment as a joking comment because he pointed out that my reply... which is helping out the original posters request was less then five letters.

Perhaps you shouldn't get involved in shit that isn't involving yourself. But then again, that would be the logical thing to do. And if you are going to call me an "arse", just get the balls to go full tilt and say "ass". Because regardless if you try to hide behind "Arse" it's still coming across as it, but only showing that you are just to afraid to actually say it with confidence. Not a strong point.

Also DrRingDing, Looks like you also can't be bothered to read much as the question you asked about Homers brother was posted in your thread before you asked about it. Oh, how ironic is it that you pull one on others for not reading, yet you do the same thing when glancing over the thread yourself. See, that's what happened in my case. I glanced over your original post and I overlooked the five letters or more rule. Attempted to help and listed a few names not mentioned. Considering you did the same with the thread itself, does that seem understandable of a thing to do? you know, miss something even though you looked over it to some degree.

-jackskeleton-

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-19-04 at 05:06 AM.
Old 10-19-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Jolt and me have a little history together
BTW, your child support check bounced. Call me.
Old 10-19-04, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by joltaddict
BTW, your child support check bounced.
get used to that happening
Old 10-19-04, 02:48 PM
Arse Member

i thought i was the arse?
Old 10-19-04, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joltaddict
BTW, your child support check bounced. Call me.
Man I thought you were making good money Tila. By the way thanks for the pix!!!
Old 10-19-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts
Also DrRingDing, Looks like you also can't be bothered to read much as the question you asked about Homers brother was posted in your thread before you asked about it. Oh, how ironic is it that you pull one on others for not reading, yet you do the same thing when glancing over the thread yourself. See, that's what happened in my case. I glanced over your original post and I overlooked the five letters or more rule. Attempted to help and listed a few names not mentioned. Considering you did the same with the thread itself, does that seem understandable of a thing to do? you know, miss something even though you looked over it to some degree.
Why are you attacking him? What did he "pull on you"? He didn't ridicule you, he gave you the short synopsis of what this was about. And, FWIW, Red Dog did state the character's name, but not his relation. Since DrRingDing stated in his second question that he didn't know the name, how was he supposed to know that was the character who Red Dog posted?
Old 10-19-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just took a quick look at "Lisa, The Simpson."

At the end, Homer introduces Lisa to her great uncle Jed, who runs an unsuccessful shrimp company and second cousin Stanley, who shoots birds at the airport and Wally who aspires to play millionaires at parties. There's a bunch more, but their names aren't given.
Old 10-19-04, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by LurkerDan
Why are you attacking him? What did he "pull on you"? He didn't ridicule you, he gave you the short synopsis of what this was about. And, FWIW, Red Dog did state the character's name, but not his relation. Since DrRingDing stated in his second question that he didn't know the name, how was he supposed to know that was the character who Red Dog posted?
I posted a lot of help in name suggestions and history for ding and the "I can't be bothered to read..." statement was a joke to the degree. Pointing out that I didn't read it followed by pointing out he didn't read the thread seemed pretty even to me.

A lot of the extended family hasn't been named. I tried to look up the names of those other simpson females and males with no real luck from that episode. Now I did bring up a suggestion. Why have the question so narrowed down? I would suggest picking up some simpson trivia cards. I used to kill time with my ex playing with those in the car on long drives. They offer a great amount of questions that range in difficulty.
Old 10-19-04, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow man, I know you spend like your entire time here on DVDTalk, but you really need to just lighten up...

Last edited by Peat; 10-19-04 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-19-04, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Peat
I know you spend like you're entire time here
Apostrophes dont grow on trees my friend.
Old 10-19-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Peat
Wow man, I know you spend like you're entire time here on DVDTalk, but you really need to just lighten up...

and people need to stop calling me an "arse" when they know nothing of the situation.

All points that are worthless now and at best need to be made fun of.

And as for you jolt, Springer said it aint my baby!
Old 10-19-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Apostrophes dont grow on trees my friend.
Don't they?
Old 10-20-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Somebodys got to make up for all of you guys sprinkling them where they dont belong.
Old 10-21-04, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I posted a lot of help in name suggestions and history for ding and the "I can't be bothered to read..." statement was a joke to the degree. Pointing out that I didn't read it followed by pointing out he didn't read the thread seemed pretty even to me.

A lot of the extended family hasn't been named. I tried to look up the names of those other simpson females and males with no real luck from that episode. Now I did bring up a suggestion. Why have the question so narrowed down? I would suggest picking up some simpson trivia cards. I used to kill time with my ex playing with those in the car on long drives. They offer a great amount of questions that range in difficulty.
HA! I finally started a thread with "heated discussion"! (even if it is unrelated to the thread topic!) SWEET!

Jack, to mix metaphors, LurkerDan hit the button on the head. i read the entire thread carefully and did indeed NOT remember that Herb(ert) was the name of Homer's brother and he was NOT specified as being Homer's brother originally.

and i'm also quite ignorant when it comes to READING humor, since i get your joke now but only after it was clarified that it WAS a joke. of course, for morons like me you might consider including a smiley. it seems i took you too seriously, as you apparently took my response likewise!

as for the Simpsons trivia cards, it would be a good idea if i could find some in English here in the Czech Republic!!

thanks for your help, regardless! your welcome to post other random simpsons trivia questions here, if you feel my restrictions to the question are too limiting!
-di doctor-