Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dog the Bounty Hunter best show on TV?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dog the Bounty Hunter best show on TV?

This has to be the best reality show on TV.
Old 10-07-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

is that the one on HBO? saw about 30 seconds of it last night and turned it off... because i wanted to watch the whole thing fresh
Old 10-07-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
No, this comes on A & E. I saw the first episode, but I didn't find it all the exciting. Of course, I don't really watch any reality TV because I don't find it exciting.
Old 10-07-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

oh.. i saw "family bonds"
Old 10-07-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ugh, god no. Now I wouldn't consider this a thread crap since the thread is asking a question. Is it the best show on tv? Nope. Is it even the best reality show on tv? I still have to say no. I found it annoying. I stopped watching when I figured they would not show some bounty blasting ol' dog in the chest with a shot gun.

Now that would be good tv.
Old 10-07-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gave it a Tivo season pass and we've been having good mindless fun watching the episodes.

Finally got to see them use those mace cannisters that they carry.
They were like turning a garden hose on somebody.
Old 10-07-04, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah this past week episodes were good because there was a little action when the neighbors got all pissed and had to be blasted...Either than that, the show is a little boring, and what is up with his annoying ass wife? She would be the first person I would empty a can on.
Old 10-07-04, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
you mean the guy that was trapped in a time capsule for the last 20 years? look at his hair
whole team looks like white trash
Old 10-07-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
whole team looks like white trash
White trash laughing all the way to the bank... Living on Hawaii and making a mint.

I had an extreme dislike for this show at first, but I've grown to somewhat enjoy it. Still, the "we're gonna help you, bra!" after they take someone down that they are afraid will kill them just seems nuts. The family either is borderline insane on helping criminals "change" their lives or it's all for the show.

This is tolerable, but best reality show on TV? No way; nothing beats the Amazing Race.
Old 10-11-04, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I like Family Bonds better. But I watch both.
Old 10-12-04, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
watched two eps, it was so-so.

Amazing Race, Survivor, Wife Swap and Apprentice are all better
Old 10-13-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
It's not a "reality" show in the contemporary sense because its foundation is not concocted strictly for TV. It is, to be charitable, a fly-on-the-wall documentary series in the mold of COPS. The question is, how much of this group's activities are for the camera's benefit.

It's also a fairly good example of not judging a book by its cover. These people look like lowlifes (actually, in contrast with much of the Hawaiian population they look like a bunch of neonazis running around all in black leather and tattoos), but appearances are deceiving. The main guy, who reminds me of a less-muscled Hulk Hogan, what with his geezer machismo, is actually quite sensitive. He has expressed his distaste for guns and violence, and he always seems to be more interested in helping the fugitives than mercilessly hunting them down.

The wife is also enigmatic. While not exactly articulate (none of them is), she seems aware of the ridiculousness of her outfits, yet she still constantly shows herself in plus-size, tacky American-flag apparel, with her prodigous jugs exposing cleavage you could use as a luggage compartment.
Old 10-13-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Is it me, or are they showing these shows out of order big time? Lately, they've been talking about initiating the nephew, but he's been making the busts with them all along.
Old 10-14-04, 03:15 PM
Banned

I think they are showing repeats exclusively now or at least for this week.

I missed probably 2 or 3 episodes in the beginning so I can't tell the difference.
Old 10-14-04, 06:48 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its a good show, not very exciting though. Most of the episodes show Dog preaching in the car.
Old 01-31-05, 01:20 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally Posted by coladar
Still, the "we're gonna help you, bra!" after they take someone down that they are afraid will kill them just seems nuts. The family either is borderline insane on helping criminals "change" their lives or it's all for the show.
Love it, brah. Had a quick interview with Dog the other day. Whata hoot.
Old 01-31-05, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'll pay good money to see an episode where this asshat gets the shit kicked out of him or gets shot
Old 02-01-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
The mullet should alternate "bra" with "cat", "homes", "G", "boyeeeee", "jive turkey", and "you're a right kunt, you are", just to keep his poser jargon a little variegated.
Old 08-25-05, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just started watching this show, I always seem to come late to the party. I'm enjoying it a lot, although it may get repetitive. I would really like to think that the Dog and his family are really that spiritual and helpful, and not just putting on a show for the cameras. Dog's wife is pretty hot too, despite being a big girl.
Old 08-25-05, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,065 Posts
It's an alright show. Caught it a couple fo times, pretty repetative though. It's funny, most of the people I see get captured always say "I watch your show all the time"...I guess that's what people on the lam do...watch other people on the lam get caught.

And isn't his "team" just his two or three sons? I guess the white trash apple doesn't fall far from the tree.