DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ghost Hunters (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/389332-ghost-hunters.html)

Eddie W 10-06-04 01:30 PM

Ghost Hunters

Anyone else looking forward to this?

For those that haven't seen the promos it's a reality show from the creators of American Chopper about a couple of plumbers who are ghost hunters in their off hours. Looks like each week will feature their investigation of a different haunted site. In tonights show they travel to Altoona, PA to investigate the haunting of a young girl's room.

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

Morf 10-06-04 01:46 PM

Hadn't heard of it until now. I'll definitely check it out. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff, especially around Halloween time.

renaldow 10-06-04 01:52 PM

Yeah, it looks like it could be interesting. I'll be watching it tonight :up:

tavarua88 10-12-04 04:59 AM

those were some pretty scary EVP they heard.

Morf 10-12-04 07:49 AM

I watched the first episode the night before I went on a real ghost hunt here in my hometown to help establish mood. *cue creepy music * Those were pretty strange sound effects they captured, and the 2 plumbers were pretty funny.

"Yeah, that car's haunted, the parking meter's haunted..." :lol:

Added this show to my Season Pass list.

ivelostr2 10-12-04 01:11 PM

I'll be drv'ing from now on, I missed the first one though. Is this just this month, or is it a new show?

resinrats 10-12-04 02:42 PM

I think it is a normal show (it just happens to start in Oct) like Scare Tactics is a normal show.

I saw it last night and will watch it again. It does seem strange how they essentially started another episode in the first one (the trip to the theater but the acutal ghost hunt is next episode). Similar to how Quantum Leap would have a couple of minutes of the next episode at the end of the current one. I'm guessing it is to try to get people to tune in for the next ep instead of hooking them during a preview.

I'm wondering how the TAPS works. Do they just do all this ghost work for free or do they charge the people who asks for the investigation? It did show that they do have normal jobs. Considering the time they have to take off to investigate (one guy got fired from his normal job because of doing TAPS) and the travel expenses, it seems more than just a hobby of these people.

Giles 11-01-04 09:47 AM

Question: (to those who watch this series): I missed the recently aired "Lighthouse" episode, and remember seeing a scene from the commerical for said episode where Brian Harnois and another member of TAPS are watching a recorded video and he exclaims "Did you see that?!" and the guy and him just start freaking out - uh.... what did they record/see????

Morf 11-01-04 09:55 AM

Originally posted by Giles
Question: (to those who watch this series): I missed the recently aired "Lighthouse" episode, and remember seeing a scene from the commerical for said episode where Brian Harnois and another member of TAPS are watching a recorded video and he exclaims "Did you see that?!" and the guy and him just start freaking out - uh.... what did they record/see????
It was pretty cool. I'll spoiler tag it for those that haven't seen it yet:

Spoiler:
One of the senior TAPS members (the skinnier plumber) was in the attic of the lighthouse by himself taking EVP recordings. There was a DVR camera behind him recording. You see him get up and walk back down the stairs. Shortly thereafter, the chair he was sitting in scoots by itself across the floor, stops, then scoots again.

It was pretty freaky. Even the TAPS guys said that skeptics will be able to dismiss the footage, but they were all pretty excited.

bigsoos 11-01-04 10:32 AM

recording was horrible, but it was pretty cool to see the chair move like that

ChrisHicks 11-01-04 10:34 AM

I missed it too. hopefully it will reair soon.

Morf 11-01-04 10:43 AM

This has turned into a quite interesting and enjoyable show. I like how they attempt to keep everything in perspective, and for the most part (Brian excluded :lol: ) keep their cool when they see something strange, and even attempt to disprove it.

Giles 11-01-04 11:10 AM

In all fairness to SciFi this series and the preceeding show: Proof Positive are two of the most interesting and riveting shows for the channel - (Since SciFi cancelled "Sightings" a number of years back, I have always been hoping and waiting for SciFi to resurrect this genre)

Strafe 11-05-04 10:12 AM

I've dropped PP from my season pass list but I'll stick with Ghost Hunters. The apparition caught on 11/3's episode was even better than the chair moving in the previous episode. It's good that things are happening because in the previous 2 shows they found no evidence of a haunting. Why would they even broadcast that!?

Morf 11-05-04 10:40 AM

Wow, that was some freaky footage. They have it on their website if you want to look at it:

http://the-atlantic-paranormal-socie...ntershome.html

dalbowski 11-18-04 03:17 AM

Anyone watch this week's episode.

Spoiler:
They had footage of their sound guy getting uppercutted by his bag and landing on his back hard. His feet were firmly on the floor and his hands were holding his boom mike, so he wasn't the one who did it.

Freakiest thing I've seen.

tavarua88 11-18-04 02:36 PM

yea, this show has been pretty good. aside from the junk church episode last week i've enjoyed them all. is it me or does anyone else want to punch that annoying andy in the face?

Morf 11-18-04 04:00 PM

I missed this episode. I'm waiting patiently for them to post the footage to their website ...

Eddie W 11-18-04 04:12 PM

It's good that things are happening because in the previous 2 shows they found no evidence of a haunting. Why would they even broadcast that!?
I like the fact that this show shows the disproven stuff as well as the actual hauntings. Seeing how hard they work to debunk their own findings makes it all that more intriguing when they DO find something. I take this show at it's title. It's not so much about ghosts as it is about the ghost hunters.

Burnt Alive 01-08-05 02:22 PM

I always forget about this show, beacuse I never tune in the the Sci-Fi channel (aka the giant-mutated-reptile-movie-marathon network), but caught a few episodes I missed during a 4-episode block on Friday.

That footage from the Eastern State Penitentiary was....well I can't even describe it...
There are a bunch of threads on it over on the TAPS website, as well as a few cleaned-up versions of the video, and I'm starting to belive that it was, in fact, a member of the ESP staff pulling a fast one on TAPS.

Trigger 01-08-05 04:16 PM

I like the show, but most of the audio EVPs they get are bullshit and I don't buy into the whole orb thing.

duff beer 05-24-05 06:42 PM

Ghost Hunters Season 2 in July!!

The show in which a group of ghost hunters go find hauntings and record them has new episodes in store for July. The leaders of the group, Jason and Grant aren't quick to label it a ghost, if you've seen the past episodes Jason said the group goes out to disprove hauntings rather than prove them, one show featured two quick houses that turned out fake. Though the whole time it is actual unexplainable things, this is Ghost Hunters after all. Some of the stuff they've captured was impressive, even Jason the most skeptible has been stumped.

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

Morf 05-25-05 08:06 AM

This was a surprise hit for me and my wife. We will definitely be tuning in. :up:

duff beer 05-25-05 02:39 PM

Reruns start June! It'll be a Spooky summer.

SleepyW 05-25-05 03:08 PM

The have their own site and message boards, too. I signed up, but it felt like a Star Trek convention over there so I didn't post much.

http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/