Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost 10/06/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-04, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just don't read the silly guesses, and it should be okay.
That's all fine and dandy, but when folks still beat on the ideas that have been dispproved by interviews and other sources, the thread gets a little off the beat.

An ark would be one thing, but how could the bear survive for 16 years in that condition? warm weather, possible lack of food and/or hunters such as that huge ass beast in the threes makings cary noise. it's hard to figure out what could be pointed as that creature.

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 10-08-04 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-08-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
That's all fine and dandy, but when folks still beat on the ideas that have been dispproved by interviews and other sources, the thread gets a little off the beat.
Just having a little fun!

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
...hunters such as that huge ass beast in the threes makings cary noise....
Ummm, what'sa cary noise? And, how do you know there are three of them???

Old 10-10-04, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Maybe it's just an albino bear
Old 05-20-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I just started re-watching all the episodes again with my wife since she has missed a handful. So this will be the second and third time I've seen some of them. Just wanted to point something out I noticed this evening.

Ep. 03 - Tabula Rasa:
Way back in this thread(I didn't reread it) there was speculation about the last shot of Locke. For those that don't remember, Locke finds Walt's dog and lets Michael give the dog back to Walt. The last shot shows a POV shot from Locke looking at Michael and Walt walking Vincent. Locke has this sinister look about him and there is some equally interesting "evil" type music in the bg.

It got me thinking, I think Locke knew about Walt's powers from the get go, he was helping find the dog to get on his good side. That is the only thing that could explain the music cue and his look.

Anyway...
Old 05-23-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I noticed they are rebroadcasting the "Lost" pilot after the final episode airs. Is there any confirmation that they will rebroadcast the entire season chronologically? I will be recording this during the summer if so, but don't want to be left hanging with a couple of episodes missing during the run, or end up seeing them out of order for some reason. I missed the entire season, haven't seen a second of it, and this is the first thread on the show I have opened. So I know zero about it, no spoilers of any kind, and would like to give this series a chance. It would spice up summer viewing and give me less time to wonder how the hell Big Brother stays on the air.
Old 05-23-05, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd like to know as well. I've seen 'em all a couple times, but didn't get a DVD recorder until January, so I didn't keep the older episodes on my Tivo. I'd like to do some archiving. I would sure think if they air the pilot, they'll air the entire season?

And Bill, I don't know what else you watch, but I think most would agree Lost is one of the 2 or 3 best dramas on right now. JMHO.
Old 05-23-05, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick

And Bill, I don't know what else you watch, but I think most would agree Lost is one of the 2 or 3 best dramas on right now. JMHO.
As far as network programming, I watch some comedies, and some reality shows. I'm just not much of a 1-hour drama kind of guy. For instance, CSI-XXXXXX does nothing for me. When I originally heard about Lost I lumped it in with that sort of dreck. A show like 24 intigues me a little more, but it just was far too fantastical when I fianlly watched it on DVD. That, and the constant repetition/rehashing of plot and the annoyingly stupid as hell wife/daughter characters turned me off from starting in on another season. But at least there was some originality there. Admittedly, I know little about the show, but it sounds like Lost may have some of that, and isn't just yet ANOTHER cookie-cutter cop drama. The serial aspect of it also appeals to me, as in it sounds like the characters don't suffer from weekly amnesia. Of course that also makes a show tougher to watch if you miss an episode. But this spring I got a DVR, and that has made a difference in my erratic viewing habits. So in the slower summer months I'd like to give it a shot. Plus, once Monday Night Football leaves ABC I don't think there's any other show I watch on that network, so Lost may be the only thing keeping it from getting deleted from the channel list on the DVR.
Old 05-23-05, 08:35 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bill, FWIW, I'm not a fan of any CSIs or Law & Order type shows either. I watch 24, but the acting is nothing compared to Lost. The actors in Lost do a great job for the most part, and are given actual "lives." Definitely not a "cookie-cutter" show. In case they don't air it again this summer, it's out on DVD in September, just in time for S2.
Old 05-23-05, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only skimmed these many Lost threads so I have no idea if this was pointed out, but I've been meaning to post for a while that that the small musical cue at the end of the giant spinning "Lost" logo is from the prelude (title sequence) of Herrmann's Vertigo score.
Old 05-24-05, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick
Bill, FWIW, I'm not a fan of any CSIs or Law & Order type shows either. I watch 24, but the acting is nothing compared to Lost. The actors in Lost do a great job for the most part, and are given actual "lives." Definitely not a "cookie-cutter" show. In case they don't air it again this summer, it's out on DVD in September, just in time for S2.
Thanks for the advice. If the summer rerun season doesn't work out, I may have to give it a rent.