TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Daily Show 9/30/2004 - Debate

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-04, 10:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Daily Show 9/30/2004 - Debate

One word had me rolling:

"Poland?"

Also, the "debate" between Ed Helms and Rob Cordory was freakin' hilarious as well
Old 10-01-04, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
"Technically retarded." That line had me absolutely hysterical with laughter.

Giuliani went right to the attack, and he definitely seemed bitter over the outcome. It was kind of strange to see that tone on the Daily Show. It got a little uncomfortable there.
Old 10-01-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• spainlinx0 •

Giuliani went right to the attack, and he definitely seemed bitter over the outcome. It was kind of strange to see that tone on the Daily Show. It got a little uncomfortable there.
I have to blame Stewart on this one, and I'm always quick to defend this show, but there was such obvious disparity between the two interviews. Clark's interview was a softball lovefest where he began by proclaiming Kerry the obvious winner and then he let Clark say whatever he wanted and pimp his agenda. Then Giuliani gets up there, and Stewart gets argumentative about specific points of the debate. We all know the show leans off to the left, and that's cool, but it just didn't look good to have such disparity in the same show like that. Either analyze the debate with both of them, or do the light comedy thing with both.

That said, I was rolling at the comedy. The praising debate analysis was top notch.

das
Old 10-01-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I have to go back and look, but wasn't the first question Stewart asked how he thought the debate went? And then didn't Giuliani reply somewhere along the lines of "It went great John, Kerry did... blah blah" I'm not going to say the show is left-leaning because I think that it is, but I'm wondering how that interview got ugly fast. I'm going to have to Tivo and watch this episode again.
Old 10-01-04, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think it was that ugly, per se, but it was a bit uncomfortable, mainly because Stewart asked a question, Giuliani gave the expected response, Stewart didn't like it, and asked again, Giuliani repeated a similar response, Stewart said "I don't want to harp on this, but..." and the interview just went nowhere after that. Really, if it were an actual news program, I would be happy to see the interviewer press for an answer to his question, but considering the way he was all buddy-buddy with Clark a few minutes earlier and let him push the party line however he wanted, it just looked bad. If they had been on separate shows, I don't think it would have stood out as much as it did.

das
Old 10-01-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So you're an undecided voter?

A: Yes, but I just think that if Bush win's the world might end

But you're not leaning towards Kerry at all?

The entire "Undecided" segment had me rolling.

birrman54
Old 10-01-04, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Birrman54
So you're an undecided voter?

A: Yes, but I just think that if Bush win's the world might end

But you're not leaning towards Kerry at all?

The entire "Undecided" segment had me rolling.

birrman54
Totally. Classic Daily Show IMO. Samantha Bee is really fuckin' funny. I enjoy her segments a lot.