DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Listen Up - 9\20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/386471-listen-up-9%5C20.html)

j123vt_99 09-20-04 07:39 PM

Listen Up - 9\20

9 mins and I want to change the channel... such a shame.. I love PTI

movieking 09-20-04 07:49 PM

Not a very good first episode at all so far.

j123vt_99 09-20-04 07:53 PM

what show is the mom from?

coladar 09-20-04 07:57 PM

Yeah, not enjoying this at all. But it's not Jason Alexander that's the problem... They just got an absolutely horrible and mis-matched supporting cast. Malcolm Jamal-Warner is so-so... The famly. The two kids are just awful. Really, really, really awful. How they ever made it through auditions is beyond me.

The wife is the exact same. The character is written in an unappealing enough fashion, but the actress stinks up the role on top of it.

The saddest thing of all is that this show will probably survive because of the 8:30 Monday on CBS timeslot. If Yes, Dear could survive past it's first season (I grew to like it after that), this dud will as well.

movieking 09-20-04 07:59 PM

I liked the song that JA did.

lisadoris 09-20-04 08:00 PM

PTI is much much better than Listen Up will ever be which is sad. I think the plug they did on PTI was funnier than tonight's entire episode. How does that happen?

astrochimp 09-20-04 08:05 PM

I liked the song too but that was about all i liked about this episode.

MrPeanut 09-20-04 08:11 PM

So if you had to choose between this and North Shore, which is it?

j123vt_99 09-20-04 08:50 PM

Brooke Burns in a bikini vs. Jason Alexander

Originally posted by MrPeanut
So if you had to choose between this and North Shore, which is it?

Jeraden 09-20-04 09:14 PM

Originally posted by j123vt_99
what show is the mom from?
She was the mom on Oliver Beene.

Boot 09-21-04 09:50 AM

I'm surprised at the bad reviews in this thread. I thought it was pretty decent...not great, but decent. My wife and I both commented afterwards, though, that we probably wouldn't have liked it nearly as much if we didn't both get a big kick out of Kornheiser. Almost everything Alexander did (except for the song at the end) we could see Kornheiser doing, which made it funny to us.

seymouru 09-21-04 02:06 PM

George Constanza as a father. Not workin' for me.

I do like imagining Tony doing those things, but Jason Alexander just brings too much George baggage to this role...

Josh H 09-21-04 02:37 PM

I won't be watching again.

clemente 09-21-04 05:49 PM

I love Tony...I mean I love Tony K, but I have to stop watching this show before the wretchedness of this show starts affecting my feelings for Tony.

The show was horrible, I've seen some bad TV, but I've never wanted anything to end faster than this half hour....ugh.

ivelostr2 09-22-04 01:24 AM

I love TK, the only thing that saves the show for me is that I can hear Tony in my head saying everything JA is . I am sure people who don't know TK won't get the show the way those of us who listened to him will.
I liked the son, I thought he was the best of the family. I can picture him and TK golfing, and him saying "don't you ever get tired of being wrong?" after knocking it on from the tee.
The daughter reminded me of a cheap rip off of Meadow on the sopranos. I really didn't like her at all.
I'll watch for awhile, but I don't know how long...

Red Dog 09-22-04 08:27 AM

I went in with such low expectations after reading reviews and these posts so it was better than what I expected. I'll give it a few more chances. Not much else to watch at that time anyhow.

Morf 09-22-04 09:08 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
I went in with such low expectations after reading reviews and these posts so it was better than what I expected. I'll give it a few more chances. Not much else to watch at that time anyhow.
My thoughts exactly. I was cracking up during a few parts, like when Tony was hiding behind the boulder to watch his daughter's soccer game.