DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Justice League Unlimited (08/28) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/382653-justice-league-unlimited-08-28-a.html)

Deftones 08-29-04 11:38 AM

Justice League Unlimited (08/28)

Another ho-hum episode. I liked all the Greek mythology stuff. The best part of any episode this entire season was tonight, when Batman was singing. :lol:

morpheus3715 08-29-04 12:10 PM

Batman singing was the greastest!!! "AM I BLUE" ROCKS!!! :banana:

Jackskeleton 08-29-04 03:43 PM

This show was great for Batman singing in itself.

IMRICKJAMES 08-29-04 05:00 PM

Batman singing pushed this episode higher than the Teen Titans episode. That was just too hilarious, epsecially with the girls crying.

boredsilly 08-29-04 05:10 PM

This was the most random cartoon episode I've seen in a while. Just so...random. I loved it :lol:. They did a great job with Zatanna. She was instantly likeable.

The throw-away cameos of Red Tornado, Elongated Man, and the like were really cool too.

outcastja 08-29-04 05:32 PM

Did anybody think of Angel when Batman was singing?

CaptainMarvel 08-29-04 05:38 PM

Originally posted by boredsilly
This was the most random cartoon episode I've seen in a while. Just so...random. I loved it :lol:. They did a great job with Zatanna. She was instantly likeable.

The throw-away cameos of Red Tornado, Elongated Man, and the like were really cool too.

Was the other cameo the Crimson Avenger? I couldn't tell.

Hokeyboy 08-29-04 05:49 PM

Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
Was the other cameo the Crimson Avenger? I couldn't tell.
Yes. Yes it was. Good eye. You can be my wingman anyday.

CrashNBurn69 08-29-04 06:28 PM

i liked when the tornado guy stopped spinning then said "suey" in a monotone kinda way. :lol:

mikehunt 08-29-04 08:29 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother to keep watching this show

Breakfast with Girls 08-29-04 09:09 PM

Originally posted by outcastja
No, because apparently Batman can sing. -biggrin-

Originally posted by mikehunt
I'm beginning to wonder if I should bother to keep watching this show
Why? This was just supposed to be a goofy episode.

Jackskeleton 08-29-04 11:36 PM

I thought the episode was great. the best episode all this season. :)

wildcatlh 08-29-04 11:38 PM

After finally watching this... liked the ep alot. The best this season. Hopefully it picks up now.

Why is Flash the only remaining member of the original "League" we haven't seen yet this season, btw?

boredsilly 08-30-04 07:42 AM

Originally posted by WildcatLH
Why is Flash the only remaining member of the original "League" we haven't seen yet this season, btw?
Yeah thats bugging me. Especially when last weeks ep was a perfect Flash ep. I wonder if Rosenbaum left the show?

Red Dog 08-30-04 09:02 AM

Not bad. Zatanna was good. I didn't recognize the other superheroes with cameos.

Chew 08-30-04 09:08 AM

Seems like Zatanna comes across as being a lot more "mystical" when you hear her rather than read her reverse-wording spells. :lol:

Meatpants 08-30-04 11:09 AM

I feel like I'm missing something since I don't know any of these "lesser" characters, but then again they don't seem too interesting. Can that tracker guy get some pants on? That loincloth was a little disturbing.

:thumbsup: for the Medusa character.

Morf 08-30-04 11:54 AM

Originally posted by Meatpants
I feel like I'm missing something since I don't know any of these "lesser" characters
I don't know much about them, either. But these are the grandpappies and grandmammies of the comic book industry, so they get my full respect. After an episode, if I didn't recognize someone, I'll watch the credits then run to http://www.toonopedia.com/ to look up the backstory.

Jackskeleton 08-30-04 06:30 PM

One note. the elongated man was in it. Considering his loss in Identity Crisis #1, it was pretty good to see this old timer.

riley_dude 08-31-04 12:49 AM

I did. I did. Kept thinking Lorne was going to walk in.

will travel 09-02-04 03:25 AM

Great Episode!!!
Some of my favorite parts were:

1) Batman singing. Kevin Conroy has a fine singing voice.

2) B'Wanna Beast. YAY!!!! Never thought I would see this 3rd stringer in action but here is running and jumping around.
Hooray for Paul Dini for including this guy.

3) Zatanna. YAY!!!!

Jackskeleton 09-02-04 04:15 AM

Am I bluueeeeee.. Am I bluuuueeeee

Jackskeleton 09-02-04 04:31 AM

Am I bluueeeeee.. Am I bluuuueeeee