Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League Unlimited (08/14)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Justice League Unlimited (08/14)

This was a pretty enjoyable episode. Even though it was sort of juvenile in every way, it was funny to see the main characters as kids. I guess that whole using other new characters thing isn't quite like it was promoted to be. Anyone else miss the Flash, though?

If this was how the Teen Titans show was, I'd watch it all the time.
Old 08-15-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
I didn't care for it at all.
Old 08-15-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Red Dog. I was really looking forward to this ep but it didn't deliver in my eyes(maybe I built it up too much in my head). I loved the bit with Wonder Woman (girl?) trying to decide who she should go with and I also got a kick out of the indecisive Green Lantern. I really don't see any excuse for them not to have used J'onn J'onnz and Flash in this show though. Especially Flash. Did Micheal Rosenbaum leave the show or something?

Maybe I'm going crazy but did anyone else think that Bats voice was just way too high?
Old 08-15-04, 04:34 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Eh- was OK. I liked the fact that John is more creative as a child.

Some continuity mistakes tho- WW was never a girl, she was made from a lump of clay. Also, kid WW called each one by their first names...
Old 08-15-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't like this episode either. It sounded like a good idea, but then it didn't come together. Last night's Teen Titans episode was much better.
Old 08-15-04, 05:19 PM

I don't like these 30 minute episodes. I liked the previous seasons where most of the episodes were 2 part 1 hour long stories. Stories just seem so rushed. Its hard to get into it.

You'd think with more characters they'd make more 2 part stories so you could add a bit more depth and development.
Old 08-15-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
horrible
although if GL can make a Battlemech he should make some of the unseen
Old 08-15-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Eric F
Some continuity mistakes tho- WW was never a girl, she was made from a lump of clay. Also, kid WW called each one by their first names...
At least in the WW orgins I have seen, yes she was clay but was a kid and grew up.
Old 08-16-04, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Eh- was OK. I liked the fact that John is more creative as a child.

So ummm...not for nothing, but you wouldn't happen to know where I could buy some of this clay?

Kid WW calling them each by their names checks out because of what happened in Star Crossed (and actually WW knew Bats identity before then...happened in that ep where she was running around with Paris-Hilton-alike).
Old 08-16-04, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been ages since I read this, but I do believe in the post-Crisis WW reboot she was a clay kid before coming to life like resinrats says.

Pretty crappy episode.

Two straight episodes of only the original League?
At least they finally remembered WW has a magic-lasso!
Old 08-16-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is this new show geared towards kids or what?
Old 08-16-04, 06:43 PM
Banned

What happened in Star Crossed? They revealed their secret identities to each other? I don't recall.

I guess with WW and the clay stuff they're doing the mixed continuity stuff.

I don't understand much of what's going on with the format- they showcase a whole bunch of DC characters, yet they seem to be sticking mainly to last year's cast. As boredsilly said, there really was no reason why Flash and Jon didn't make an appearance- probably has more to do with time constraints than anything. At least they remembered Etrigan.

What I do appreciate is CN showing it letterboxed (OAR) for the first showing. Still holding out hope for OAR DVD season boxes...
Old 08-16-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
But didn't many of you complain that you still wanted OG members to have eps in JLU?

Eric F I'm also waiting for JL boxsets.
Old 08-16-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happened in Star Crossed? They revealed their secret identities to each other? I don't recall.
Spoiled, in case somebody hasn't watched Starcrossed yet and still wants to.

Spoiler:
They all took off their disguises in order to hide from the Thangarians. Besides, Batman already knew who everyone was.
Old 08-16-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by WildcatLH

Spoiler:
They all took off their disguises in order to hide from the Thangarians. Besides, Batman already knew who everyone was.
a great scene
Old 08-16-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by WildcatLH

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
You're Clark Kent, you're Wally West, you're ........

It was a great scene.
Old 08-17-04, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
But didn't many of you complain that you still wanted OG members to have eps in JLU?

Eric F I'm also waiting for JL boxsets.
I was one of those that complained because of the format change, but I was all for new characters being shown on the show. Justice League did a pretty good job (actually I think they did a better job) at featuring other heroes from the DCAU while also incorporating the regular cast into the episodes, while Unlimited just seems to pick heroes at random for no rhyme or reason (Green Arrow was fighting a giant Godzilla sized monster because why?). Look at the episode that re-introduced Aquaman to Justice League and the episode that introduced Green Arrow. I think those characters are on equal footing but Aquaman was fleshed out and examined so much more. Same goes for Metamorpho, Dr. Fate, and even the knock off JSA. Unlimited just seems to be focusing on action for actions sake instead of stories. This is fine and is enjoyable (I did watch Dragon Ball Z for a while so I like action). I just think we've been to the promised land in BTAS, STAS, BB, and JL - now to only have Unlimited take one giant step back.
Old 08-17-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by boredsilly
I was one of those that complained because of the format change, but I was all for new characters being shown on the show. Justice League did a pretty good job (actually I think they did a better job) at featuring other heroes from the DCAU while also incorporating the regular cast into the episodes, while Unlimited just seems to pick heroes at random for no rhyme or reason (Green Arrow was fighting a giant Godzilla sized monster because why?). Look at the episode that re-introduced Aquaman to Justice League and the episode that introduced Green Arrow. I think those characters are on equal footing but Aquaman was fleshed out and examined so much more. Same goes for Metamorpho, Dr. Fate, and even the knock off JSA. Unlimited just seems to be focusing on action for actions sake instead of stories. This is fine and is enjoyable (I did watch Dragon Ball Z for a while so I like action). I just think we've been to the promised land in BTAS, STAS, BB, and JL - now to only have Unlimited take one giant step back.

In defense of Green Arrow fighting Godzilla....he was on his way back to Earth after telling the JL to stuff it. Green Lantern promised to drop him off AFTER they investigated(not knowing about the giant) the Radiation problem which BTW is why Martian Manhunter specifically chose Captain Atom. The choice was made due to CA's energy absorbing abilities. But like any TRUE hero Green Arrow jumped into the fight to do what he could. Along the way he saw what kind of self sacrificing people the JL was made of when Captain Atom took the rods and told him "If anything happens to him and Supergirl then call the JL. Because they would know what to do".

At that point he changed his mind about Captain Atom and the JL.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-18-04 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-17-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Giantrobo I got that and I really like how the character came off. I just think if they introduced him in the regular Justice League run he would have been fleshed out more and had a better/deeper story.

Along the way he saw what kind of sef sacrificing people the JL was made of when Captain Atom took the rods and told him "That if anything happens to him and Supergirl then call the JL. Because they would know what to do".
Now that will bother me forever. When they figured out what they were dealing with, why they didn't automatically call in Supes or a few other heroes is beyond me. Especially when they were having such a time taking him down. Cause there were like 60 heroes just chilling up in the Watchtower while this was going down.
Old 08-18-04, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm all for the format change to new heros if they actually showed them. I want to see more supergirl damn it!

or for that matter just more any new characters. the episode was blahish. What was with the WW/BB crush stuff? Seemed like it was leading somewhere.
Old 08-18-04, 04:45 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I'm all for the format change to new heros if they actually showed them. I want to see more supergirl damn it!

or for that matter just more any new characters. the episode was blahish. What was with the WW/BB crush stuff? Seemed like it was leading somewhere.
They had a fling in somewhat recently in the most recent incarnation of the JLA in the comics. Maybe that was a little reference to that.
Old 08-18-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
We're only 3 episodes in. I think its fine that they don't cycle through new characters in every single episode.
Old 08-18-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Go watch the Superman Animated Series, you'll see her in quite a few episodes.
Old 08-18-04, 01:19 PM
Banned

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/jlu/index.html

I took a look at the episode guide on CN- I can see where the problem lies- this episode should have been 5. If shown in the proper order it would have been more of a mix.

As it stands the lineup looks pretty good, with a 2-parter for the finale.

The Atom makes an appearance in ep 10, and we should be seeing Jonah Hex in the finale.

Last edited by Eric F; 08-18-04 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by vinhj
They had a fling in somewhat recently in the most recent incarnation of the JLA in the comics. Maybe that was a little reference to that.
What comic book #?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.