Reload this Page >

Nobody watching Megas XLR?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-14-04, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Interesting nobody has commented on Megas yet, as we're up to the 10th episode.

This show is easily my favorite new CN show this year- it's slick, smart and intelligent. In the beginning I didn't like it so much, but as I watched I really began to respect it- and it's damn funny. Outside of the Simpsons, I can think of no other animated show currently on that really lays into the parody/satire the way Megas does.

You just gotta smile when Coop fantasizes about demolishing the DMV with Megas.

If you're a child of the 80's and into giant robots, you gotta love this show- after all, Chicks Dig Giant Robots.
Old 08-15-04, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I normally like what Cartoon Network has to offer, like Teen Titans or Justice League, and then of course the Adult Swim lineup is awesome. But I personally think Megas is the worst show on that channel. I've tried watching but I just cant get into it.
Old 08-15-04, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Megas is parody. That's all it is. There's lots of nods to anime and '80s cartoons. There really is not much of a plot- they just pick a topic and rip into it.
Old 05-08-05, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Interesting nobody has commented on Megas yet, as we're up to the 10th episode.

This show is easily my favorite new CN show this year- it's slick, smart and intelligent. In the beginning I didn't like it so much, but as I watched I really began to respect it- and it's damn funny. Outside of the Simpsons, I can think of no other animated show currently on that really lays into the parody/satire the way Megas does.

You just gotta smile when Coop fantasizes about demolishing the DMV with Megas.

If you're a child of the 80's and into giant robots, you gotta love this show- after all, Chicks Dig Giant Robots.
Megas is a great show. I love how Coop is the good guy but he usually ends up inadvertently destroying whole cities or planets and still ends up saving the day. The daydreaming sequences by Coop, Jamie or even Goat are some of the funniest moments of the show.

I also love how Coop ends up being the most qualified pilot for the universes biggest baddest giant robot because of the hours and hours he spent playing video games his whole life. Hey...it could happen.